Travis: New Album

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

celia

New Yorker
Fran From Travis posted a message on their message board with info about their new album!!!:

HEYYYYYYYY!
Author: Fran
Date: 04-08-03 11:45

Hello all, we are in Tokyo. All is well. Summer Sonic was
summery and very sonic. Right. OK. Announcement.OFFICIAL.
Straight from the horses mouth. First things first. Travis
will release their first single on 29th September and it's
called Re-Offender. Secondly the new album is called
"12 Memories" and will be available in October.

That's all for now. More details will follow soon.
Sorry it's so short but we are late for a very important
date. Must dash. Speak soon.
Luv
Fran xxx

more soon,

Travis Web Team

Looking forward to it :heart:

Nice :up:

I havent listened to them for a while, but I like their last 2 albums. Looking forward to a new one.

Nigel Godrich didnt produce this one, did he?

From what I have read, I don't think that they had a producer for the album. I know that they had someone mix it but the band wanted to produce it themselves. On there offical website, they have put together some stories about the recording process. This is something that I wish U2 would do with the current project so I wouldn't have to make up my own U2 stories.

I found this for y'all

NEW YORK (Billboard) - Scottish rock act Travis will release its next album, "12 Memories," in October. A single, "Re-Offender," will be released Sept. 29 internationally.

"12 Memories," the band's fourth for Independiente/Epic, is the follow-up to 2001's "The Invisible Band," which debuted at No. 39 on the Billboard 200 and has sold 280,000 copies in the U.S., according to Nielsen SoundScan.

The new set was recorded in Scotland and at Peter Gabriel's Real World Studios in Wiltshire, England. Producer Tchad Blake (Pearl Jam, Suzanne Vega) was brought in during the Real World sessions to mix finished tracks and work with the band on five newly recorded songs.

Travis has three summer festival dates on tap in the coming days: Saturday (Aug. 9) at the Benicassim festival in Spain, Aug. 14 at the Frequency Festival in Salzburg, Austria, and Aug. 17 at the St. Malo Festival in St. Malo, France.

Back
Top Bottom