Travis explains why there are only hitting six US cities

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

zoney!

ONE love, blood, life
From the Chicago Tribune:

Q: You're only hitting six cities in the U.S. Are you mad at us?
A: Oh, no no. We're just starting out again and taking it easy to begin with. There are so many places to go and it has to do with time more than anything else. But, you have to get that president out of power, pronto. He has ostracized you from the rest of the world.

Enough said....lets take action!

I find it really sad. Bush didn't even win the popular vote here. Being ostracized sucks. :down:

The "are you mad at us" part is funny, though. :up:

HeartlandGirl said:
I find it really sad. Bush didn't even win the popular vote here. Being ostracized sucks. :down:

The "are you mad at us" part is funny, though. :up:

Being ostracized sucks, but doing the ostracizing is worse.

I went to the show last night in Chicago. They played A LOT of the new songs (just about the whole album). They also played all their standard singles. They are a great live nband. Fran really get the crowd into it (similar to Bono).

The one odd/dissapointing thing was something Fran mentioned late in the show. He said he was dissenfranchised from "2% of the population controlling everything." He said that he has shut off his TV...and has shut off "Commercial radio." He classified the Travis fans as "dissenfranchised" group...meaning they were just as tired of the "2%" as he was. Maybe true, but, taking a look at the crowd, I doubt it.

He started ripping into "Commercial Radio" as he stood 20 feet (in each direction) from (Chicago radio station - an Infinity Radio station) XRT Banners. To make it even murkier, the band recorded five or six acoustic tracks for later broadcast for XRT (big commerical radio). I felt he was talking out of two sides of his face. :shrug:

Back
Top Bottom