Travis Concert.....YAY

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bono-vox

Rock n' Roll Doggie
maze of your imagination, where the streets have n
Im going to the Travis concert in Belfast-Odyssey Arena, YAY.....i really think im addicted to going to concerts ive been to like 8 in the past 2 years (thats a lot for me) and ive been to three since august
biggrin.gif
, im sooo happy, i love Travis, isnt Fran lovely, can anyone post a pic of him for me, pleeeeeeeeeeeeaasse
biggrin.gif

------------------
And if you look, you look through me.

L'amore giunger
L'amore
E non so pi pregare
E nell'amore non so pi sperare
E quell'amore non so pi aspettare
miss_smith@emailaccount.com e-mail me :)
The perpetually handsome Mullen appears to have stopped ageing around the time of The Joshua Tree.
"It doesn't matter what songs we sing.
I'm a drummer. Chicks dig me." -Larry
Larry likes to play drums." - Bono
"Larry's always been noticed cos he's the pretty one." - Adam
"Bono, if you still haven't found what you're looking for, look behind the drumkit." - Boy George
A man so handsome, he will never be let sing in this group!"
-Bono, introducing Larry at Irving Plaza, NYC 2000

I have seen Travis about one month ago and they were great! They're just good people, you simply have to love them! It was my secound concert ever...the first one was U2 IN MUNICH!!! What a start to my personal concert-career!

------------------
Friday night running to Sunday on my knees.

Originally posted by mad1:
Cannie grab a piccie for u right now luv but tell me, Im curious, who else have u seen?
smile.gif

I hear Jamiriqui (spelt wrong!) was not that brilliant!!!!!!

I have been to 3 Steps concerts (i dont like them!) and Westlife, again i do nay like them, I saw U2 in Slane along with moby, nelly furtado etc etc, Coldplay and I met them!!!
biggrin.gif
The Stereophonics, Stiff Little Fingers, Dandy Warhols, and then Travis yay, i MIGHT be going to see the Pogues with my uncle in Dublin and Michael Jackson next year in the RDS (is that right?) if he comes over, any excuse for a concert
biggrin.gif

------------------

L'amore giunger
L'amore
E non so pi pregare
The perpetually handsome Mullen appears to have stopped ageing around the time of The Joshua Tree.
"Bono, if you still haven't found what you're looking for, look behind the drumkit." - Boy George

aaaaw thank you, hes sooo cute
smile.gif

------------------

L'amore giunger
L'amore
E non so pi pregare

they put on an awesome show!

------------------
~ME THREE

Don't get sentimental
It always ends up drivel

Love them Love them Love them.

Saw them 3 times in the past year. I live in Los Angeles and was very lucky to have seen them including once at the Knitting Factory in Hollywood, it was a secret show for radio industry. I found out about it the day of the event and headed down there. A super nice guy that was wathcing the doorlet me and a friend in to see the show. We missed the first 3 songs but it was still amazing to see them perform for about 150 people tops, of which i was one!
Amazing band, not U2 of course but still way way way above par in my opinion!!!

oktobergirl

They played here in the Twin Cities not too long ago. I got in for $25 using my sister's id. I got booted halfway through the show. Totally worth it though. I waited around and I met them and told them what happened so I got Fran's sock. Thought you might like to know. If I can find a scanner maybe I'll show it to you.
biggrin.gif

------------------
Taste is the enemy of art.

Originally posted by Lilly:
They played here in the Twin Cities not too long ago. I got in for $25 using my sister's id. I got booted halfway through the show. Totally worth it though. I waited around and I met them and told them what happened so I got Fran's sock. Thought you might like to know. If I can find a scanner maybe I'll show it to you.
biggrin.gif

coool frans sock, what did it smell like?

------------------

L'amore giunger
L'amore
E non so pi pregare

Originally posted by Lilly:
They played here in the Twin Cities not too long ago. I got in for $25 using my sister's id.

Was that the gig where they opened for Dido or a different one? I know they've played here several times in the recent past.

I saw them open for Dido and got in for free.
biggrin.gif
Got a comp ticket when I bought the new Travis CD. They put on a super show. Dido sucked tho...I left after 2 songs. lol.

Enjoy the show -

They are absolutely amazing. I saw them about two months ago, and it rivaled the two Elevation shows I saw this year. It seemed as if they were a local band - but they're from across the pond....

[This message has been edited by zonelistener (edited 12-14-2001).]

Fran's a cutie, and Travis puts on an AWESOME show. You will really enjoy yourself!

Cheers!

-sula

Originally posted by bono-vox:
I have been to 3 Steps concerts (i dont like them!) and Westlife, again i do nay like them

Ok, big yay on the Travis thing, they are brilliant....but I'm curious as to something. Why would you pay to see bands you don't like?

Originally posted by LuvLady:
Ok, big yay on the Travis thing, they are brilliant....but I'm curious as to something. Why would you pay to see bands you don't like?

I had to go with my little sister and then with my cousins to one Steps concert, i dont like them but it was a fun night out.

------------------

L'amore giunger
L'amore
E non so pi pregare

Originally posted by sulawesigirl4:
Was that the gig where they opened for Dido or a different one? I know they've played here several times in the recent past.

I saw them open for Dido and got in for free.
biggrin.gif
Got a comp ticket when I bought the new Travis CD. They put on a super show. Dido sucked tho...I left after 2 songs. lol.

FYI
They have played in the Cities four times:
Opening for Oasis
Own show at Prince's former Club (Name?)
Opener for Dido
October at the State Theater

Hopefully (or so it seems) they like us here!

Lily - cool sock story

Originally posted by UV2001:
When is the concert in Belfast?
have fun I really want to go and see them

16th march
smile.gif

------------------

L'amore giunger
L'amore
E non so pi pregare

I saw them in October at First Ave...thus the kicked out-ness. Fran was super cool. He felt bad that I got kicked out. He said they''d come back to somewhere that I could get into. I jokingly told him he should give me a backstage pass to see them again. He laughed, gave me his sock and said if they think of it they'll call "the socked one" to the stage. I went to the one at the state theater and no such luck. but i dod talk to them again outside the theater and I got the other sock (now i have a pair. generous don't you think?). It smells like foot. Gross foot. I washed them both. there you are.

------------------
Taste is the enemy of art.

Back
Top Bottom