Travis anyone?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
u2popmofo said:
So has anyone got the new album yet? I"m interested in some impressions. Every review I've seen so far has pretty much stated this is their weekest effort.

I can get the cd brand new for $8, but I just dont know if it's worth it.

omg no I bought it yesterday I think its one of their best ones :drool: And them playing on Monday oh they were excellent. And Fran got really into it and Dougie slipped & fell on the ground :laugh: :cute:

mini fly i love U-16 girls and All I wanna do is rock :heart:

ahh good to hear laura, that you like the new album. It will be some time until i can buy it...but one day:drool:
I like the song "The Fear" too.
I have been playing "turn" (my favourite from what I have heard so far) just about on loop lately. Have you seen the film clip that accompanies it? I think it is very moving.

cass said:
ahh good to hear laura, that you like the new album. It will be some time until i can buy it...but one day:drool:
I like the song "The Fear" too.
I have been playing "turn" (my favourite from what I have heard so far) just about on loop lately. Have you seen the film clip that accompanies it? I think it is very moving.

Is the one for turn the one where he is doing all the press ups? :scratch: ITs been ages since I seen a Travis video on TV apart from Re-offender

I love Travis, saw them live 2yrs ago and it was great! I'm getting their new album for my b-day 2moro! Love Re-Offender and their other 3 albums are amazing!

You must have seen them on the tour I seen them on when the Invisible band was released Celia I seen them in the Odysssey then they played better this week - they suited the smaller venue :up:

Yeah i saw them on the Invisible Band Tour at the Hammersmith Appollo. had really good seats and they were great!

I really wanted to see them play 2moro but cant get there! It would have been amazing on my birthday as well!

I'll try and catch them another time!

They are doing loads of place sin germany and stuff

I think they came to belfast first this year I was right at the front

Last time I had bad seats :down: and the woman beside us wouldnt let us enjoy ourselevs

This year I got to stand

I like this thread. "The Man Who + headphones = :) ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh..imho

Lara Mullen said:

Is the one for turn the one where he is doing all the press ups? :scratch: ITs been ages since I seen a Travis video on TV apart from Re-offender

well not exactly press-ups, more that he stays flexed. What happens towards the end is the key I think. He wants to render assistance, but he has used all his energy in perhaps a needless way. I think it says that energy is finite and precious and we should use it wisely.
And it's where I got one of my quotable quotes from
"don't question my chi man"
:heart:
there is so much musically going on that I like about this album,and I love the timbre in Fran's voice...so warm:hug:
I can't wait to get the new album.

Travis's new album is very very good. Reoffender, How Many Hearts, and Love will come Through are awesome. Sad Songs is very delicate and beautiful, kind of like fine china.

He really reminds me of Bono in 12 memories or maybe thats just me :scratch: :shrug:

11 more days and i finally get to see them live. :hyper:

really like the new album too. esp. beautiful occupation.

Michael Griffiths said:
Here's the new album in streaming audio:

http://www.travisonline.com/

It's pretty good, though a lot different. I think it's because they didn't hire Nigel Godrich for this one...gives it a different sound. Sounds more like Good Feeling (their first album) more than any other since then.

yeah, it's a darker more brooding album but I absolutely have fallen in love with it. it grows on you afetr a few spins. every song has a beautiful flow to it.

I can't use that link...how frustrating:banghead:
it keeps buffering, my connection is too slow for such Trick 0'technology:)
ahh well, one day I'll have the CD in my hot little hands and their new songs in my headphones...a special o'cassion, well worth waiting for

in the meantime, I have their old stuff
Boy it's good:heart:

Back
Top Bottom