Travis

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

z edge

I serve MacPhisto
I really like the Travis cd I bought a while back, ' The Invisible Band'. I love 'side' and 'pipe dreams' and also 'sing'. It is a very "flowing" cd, somehow reminds me of Oasis' 'whats the story morning glory' not in sound but in the way it just flows along!

Sorry you Radiohead folks, I will probably join your club soon
smile.gif
I just wanted to post about another band, and I hope this is the right place
smile.gif

Peace
smile.gif

The Invisible Band-talk fits in here! I think, this album has got a kind of Radiohead-feeling. This may be because of the divine RH-producer Nigel Godrich who did this masterpiece. Dear Diary and Pipe Dreams are kinda RH-like, IMO.

------------------
Take the money and run

Oh yes, there are! At least Dear Diary is very Radiohead-like. And the Sing-intro. These sounds, know what I mean? And the atmosphere.

------------------
Take the money and run

shoot me and string me up for a heretic, but Fran Healy's voice is evocative of Thom's, imo. Not a dead ringer or anything, but merely just what I said...evocative.
biggrin.gif

I love travis but I dont really see similarities between the 2. Z edge compared them to Oasis, not Radiohead anyway.
You guys should really get The Man Who and Good Feeling if you like Invisible Band. They are much better albums.

------------------
I am a cowgirl of funk*

I've got The Man Who, but I like The Invisible Band better. Anyhow greater songs. Tell me, ZA, isn't Good Feeling a completely different style? I saw them live and they played a song...Happy or so...it was very different! Much more happy and rocking. Is this album really that good???

------------------
Take the money and run

[This message has been edited by Don Vito Corleone (edited 03-16-2002).]

Yes, Don Vito, 'Good Feeling' is much rockier than the other 2. I suppose it depends on what you like. I love rock so I really enjoyed 'Good Feeling'. U16 girls is a great song on that album.

------------------
I am a cowgirl of funk*

I have all three Travis CDs and purchased my first radiohead CD last night (The Bends).

I thin Thom and Fran sound pretty similar - or at least thom sounds like Fran on the bends.

Originally posted by zonelistener:
I have all three Travis CDs and purchased my first radiohead CD last night (The Bends).

yay! I have just been listening to The Bends all last week non-stop. Brilliant album that. OK Computer is still my fav for the moment, but this one is definitely close to tying.
biggrin.gif

Back
Top Bottom