Travelling to Dublin in October

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ladera Heights

The Fly
Hey Everyone:

I'll be making my first trip to Dublin in a few weeks and I was wondering if anyone has pointers on which sights to see for the week I'm there.

My friends and I got an apartment in Temple Bar, about a mile or so from Hanover Quay, so I think we're pretty much in the center of most U2 related things.

I know a lot of you have made the pilgrimage, so any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. I'm looking forward to this Mecca of musical greatness.

Ladera

Not U2 related but I always recommend going to see the crypts in St. Michan's Church on Church Street.

Thanks for responding, I'll definitely use the @U2 guide. So is the Hanover Quay studio still there or is it long gone?

Great idea! I'll print the thing out from @U2 tomorrow! I'll be there in 2 weeks! Can't wait! I have a great book I am taking with me that lists all the places to see and visit called U@ Under a Blue Dublin Sky. I really wanna see the gates at Bono's house!

Have a great time, it's heaven for U2 fans for sure... lovely city too.

If you're looking for U2 stuff.. Rhythm Records has t-shirts, old mags, bootlegs, clocks, mugs, keychains... tons of stuff.

I miss Dublin too!

Lara Mullen said:
Not U2 related but I always recommend going to see the crypts in St. Michan's Church on Church Street.

those crypts were truly the highlight of my trip when I saw them! I was so glad you recommended it to me :D I tell everyone to go there too now. the guy who runs the tour is a legend

:clap:

Thanks everyone for the tips! Got our tickets and tour docs today! Can't believe I am finally making this dream trip a reality. I've gotten more notes from atU2.com and also made note about the crypts. :up: I'll check back and share pics!

Back
Top Bottom