Traveling with digital cameras

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ABEL

An Angel In Devil's Shoes
I just have a quick question about traveling with digital cameras.

As some of you know, some of us are planning on going to Vegas soon, and I'm wanting to take my digital camera with me. It's a fairly new digital camera and I haven't actually traveled with it yet. My question is about airport security and X-ray machines. I know the X-ray machines can ruin regular film, but I was wondering about the digital camera memory sticks. Do you just send them with the camera through the X-ray machines (no harm to the digital media), or do you give the memory sticks to the security agents?

I'm also wanting to take along my battery charger for the camera and charger for my cell phone and was wondering how much problem these can be, if any, going through security?

Yeah, I heard some of the people that have been locked up for months under the Patriot Act are there because they tried to travel with a digital camera.

I haven't had a problem with mine, and I've taken it (and my regular camera) to work several times too, and it's been fine.

There are no problems with the xray machines and digital cameras. I have checked mine and carried mine on.

I called the airlines to be sure.

:up:

I've never had a problem with traveling with a digi cam, I've only had problems traveling with bombs and small fire arms. :)

Back
Top Bottom