Traveling Wilburys Vol 1???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
there are rumors of a remaster this summer.

It really is a gem of an album. Supergroup to end all supergroups lives up to hype.

Both albums will be reissued in a variety of formats on June 12 in the US (June 11 elsewhere). The previously released albums Traveling Wilburys Volume 1 and Traveling Wilburys Volume 3 will be combined on a 2-CD release and will feature bonus tracks. Volume 1 includes the previously unreleased (but highly bootlegged) tracks Maxine and Like A Ship, while Volume 3 is expanded with the B-sides Runaway and Nobody’s Child.

It will be in 4 configurations

1. Standard package (the 2 CD’s)
2. 2 CD’s plus the bonus DVD and a 16 page collectible book
3. Linen-bound deluxe edition, 2 CD’s , DVD and a 40 page collectible book
4. Vinyl edition featuring 2 LP’s with an additional 12 inch disc featuring the bonus tracks

The all-region DVD contains historic footage documenting the first chord to the final mix, and their five video clips.

I still have it on cassette! I used to listen to it all the time when it first came out. I pulled it out a couple of months ago and started listening to it again.

I'm looking forward to the re-release. :drool:

Down Under said:
Volume 1 includes the previously unreleased (but highly bootlegged) tracks Maxine and Like A Ship

If anyone wants the bootleg versions of these two songs, just leave your address.

Maxine, is a folk style ballad with the lead vocal handled solely by Harrison. It has a catchy melodic hook and some idiosyncratic lyrics.

Like A Ship, features Dylan’s lead vocals on a plodding, uninspired dirge, here the vocals sound as wrecked and tubercular as they did on “Under The Red Sky” solo album from 1990.

Down Under said:
Both albums will be reissued in a variety of formats on June 12 in the US (June 11 elsewhere). The previously released albums Traveling Wilburys Volume 1 and Traveling Wilburys Volume 3 will be combined on a 2-CD release and will feature bonus tracks. Volume 1 includes the previously unreleased (but highly bootlegged) tracks Maxine and Like A Ship, while Volume 3 is expanded with the B-sides Runaway and Nobody’s Child.

It will be in 4 configurations

1. Standard package (the 2 CD’s)
2. 2 CD’s plus the bonus DVD and a 16 page collectible book
3. Linen-bound deluxe edition, 2 CD’s , DVD and a 40 page collectible book
4. Vinyl edition featuring 2 LP’s with an additional 12 inch disc featuring the bonus tracks

The all-region DVD contains historic footage documenting the first chord to the final mix, and their five video clips.

Rockin. :rockon: I so want this. :drool:

Back
Top Bottom