Traveling Wilburys Vol 1??? - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 05-11-2007, 10:52 PM   #1
New Yorker
 
gherman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: Ann Arbor, MI, USA
Posts: 2,525
Local Time: 07:43 AM
Traveling Wilburys Vol 1???

Does anyone know why this album is out of print?

I want it!!!
__________________

__________________
gherman is offline  
Old 05-11-2007, 10:52 PM   #2
Blue Crack Distributor
 
corianderstem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Seattle
Posts: 63,730
Local Time: 10:43 PM
It's a little gem of an album. Shame it's out of print.
__________________

__________________
corianderstem is offline  
Old 05-11-2007, 11:31 PM   #3
ONE
love, blood, life
 
MrBrau1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Verplexed in Vermont
Posts: 10,436
Local Time: 01:43 AM
there are rumors of a remaster this summer.

It really is a gem of an album. Supergroup to end all supergroups lives up to hype.
__________________
"If you needed my autograph, I'd give it to you." Bob Dylan
MrBrau1 is offline  
Old 05-12-2007, 05:58 AM   #4
Refugee
 
Down Under's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 1,630
Local Time: 05:43 PM
Both albums will be reissued in a variety of formats on June 12 in the US (June 11 elsewhere). The previously released albums Traveling Wilburys Volume 1 and Traveling Wilburys Volume 3 will be combined on a 2-CD release and will feature bonus tracks. Volume 1 includes the previously unreleased (but highly bootlegged) tracks Maxine and Like A Ship, while Volume 3 is expanded with the B-sides Runaway and Nobody’s Child.

It will be in 4 configurations

1. Standard package (the 2 CD’s)
2. 2 CD’s plus the bonus DVD and a 16 page collectible book
3. Linen-bound deluxe edition, 2 CD’s , DVD and a 40 page collectible book
4. Vinyl edition featuring 2 LP’s with an additional 12 inch disc featuring the bonus tracks

The all-region DVD contains historic footage documenting the first chord to the final mix, and their five video clips.
__________________
Down Under is offline  
Old 05-12-2007, 11:56 AM   #5
New Yorker
 
gherman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: Ann Arbor, MI, USA
Posts: 2,525
Local Time: 07:43 AM
GREAT!!!!

I had this album a long time ago and lost it but I couldn't buy it anymore
__________________
gherman is offline  
Old 05-12-2007, 01:36 PM   #6
Refugee
 
thetitans2k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 1,752
Local Time: 06:43 AM
Great album. You can definatly find it on the internet.
__________________
thetitans2k is offline  
Old 05-12-2007, 02:43 PM   #7
New Yorker
 
gherman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: Ann Arbor, MI, USA
Posts: 2,525
Local Time: 07:43 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by thetitans2k
Great album. You can definatly find it on the internet.
Ya, I found it on Ebay but now I think I will waint for the speacial discs this summer.
__________________
gherman is offline  
Old 05-12-2007, 03:55 PM   #8
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
Bono's shades's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: The back of beyond
Posts: 5,038
Local Time: 01:43 AM
I still have it on cassette! I used to listen to it all the time when it first came out. I pulled it out a couple of months ago and started listening to it again.

I'm looking forward to the re-release.
__________________
Bono's shades is offline  
Old 05-13-2007, 01:18 AM   #9
Refugee
 
Down Under's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 1,630
Local Time: 05:43 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Down Under
Volume 1 includes the previously unreleased (but highly bootlegged) tracks Maxine and Like A Ship
If anyone wants the bootleg versions of these two songs, just leave your address.

Maxine, is a folk style ballad with the lead vocal handled solely by Harrison. It has a catchy melodic hook and some idiosyncratic lyrics.

Like A Ship, features Dylan’s lead vocals on a plodding, uninspired dirge, here the vocals sound as wrecked and tubercular as they did on “Under The Red Sky” solo album from 1990.
__________________
Down Under is offline  
Old 05-13-2007, 01:32 AM   #10
The Male
 
LemonMelon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Hollywoo
Posts: 65,805
Local Time: 10:43 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Down Under
Both albums will be reissued in a variety of formats on June 12 in the US (June 11 elsewhere). The previously released albums Traveling Wilburys Volume 1 and Traveling Wilburys Volume 3 will be combined on a 2-CD release and will feature bonus tracks. Volume 1 includes the previously unreleased (but highly bootlegged) tracks Maxine and Like A Ship, while Volume 3 is expanded with the B-sides Runaway and Nobody’s Child.

It will be in 4 configurations

1. Standard package (the 2 CD’s)
2. 2 CD’s plus the bonus DVD and a 16 page collectible book
3. Linen-bound deluxe edition, 2 CD’s , DVD and a 40 page collectible book
4. Vinyl edition featuring 2 LP’s with an additional 12 inch disc featuring the bonus tracks

The all-region DVD contains historic footage documenting the first chord to the final mix, and their five video clips.
Rockin. I so want this.
__________________

__________________
LemonMelon is offline  
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:43 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com