Traveling Wilbury's

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Headache in a Suitcase

Site Team
Staff member
With the other morally corrupt bootlicking rubes.
:drool:

What a great creation... Dylan, Petty, Harrison, Orbison, Lynne... :drool::drool:

will we ever see a supergroup with such legends that meshed so well again?

I've been searching for these recordings for years... all i have are old beat up casette tapes.

Tom Petty & Jeff Lynne have both said that they'll be re-releasing the albums "soon," but without any given date.

Anyone know where to find Vol. 1 and/or Vol. 3??? I will be forever indebted.

E-mail me... Clancy3434 (at) yahoo dot com

I have a CDR of the first one, which is just incredible all the way through. The second one (Vol. 3) had some good stuff as well, but not as much as the first one.

The original CDs fetch good prices on eBay nowadays.

They are remastering these babies and re-releasing them this year, I believe.

This is from a blurb last month that was in an entertainment column on Fox News.

The Traveling Wilburys are back. The famed supergroup’s CDs have been out of print. But I’m told that Rhino Records has won the contract, and the Wilburys’ catalogue should reappear on or around June 1.

Barbara Orbison and Olivia Harrison, widows respectively of Roy and George, are responsible for getting the project off the ground. ...

The Traveling Wilburys are back. The famed supergroup’s CDs have been out of print. But I’m told that Rhino Records has won the contract, and the Wilburys’ catalogue should reappear on or around June 1.

Barbara Orbison and Olivia Harrison, widows respectively of Roy and George, are responsible for getting the project off the ground. ...

That's such good news. I wonder why they waited so long, though. I thought for sure they would have re-released this stuff after George passed away. Oh well, at least we're going to finally get it. I really can't wait!

iTunes has them both... Funny, I just downloaded them about a month ago and they've been in heavy rotation since. You can also get both volumes as well as the bootleg volumes 2 & 4 on the russian site, go .ru I think is the url.

My favorite Dylan song from the TW's is If You belonged To Me on vol 3

End of the Line is always good no matter how shitty my mood is that song makes me smile

Snowlock said:
iTunes has them both... Funny, I just downloaded them about a month ago and they've been in heavy rotation since. You can also get both volumes as well as the bootleg volumes 2 & 4 on the russian site, go .ru I think is the url.

My favorite Dylan song from the TW's is If You belonged To Me on vol 3

:scratch: they're deffinetly not available on the american iTunes.

phanan said:
Probably Dylan's best song from the 80's. That's not saying much, but still.

I have to disagree on the basis of Blind Willie McTell and Most Of The Time. But yeah, Dylan still wrote some incredible songs in the 80s.

dsmith2904 said:
That's such good news. I wonder why they waited so long, though. I thought for sure they would have re-released this stuff after George passed away. Oh well, at least we're going to finally get it. I really can't wait!

Probably record label licensing issues as I believe all Willburys were on different record labels. Still, it'll be nice to see the reissues. And since Rhino is apparently reissuing them, the sound quality might even be good too. I found Vol. 3 last year for a good price. I feel lucky.

I've got Vol. 1 & 3 :up:

I tried to get them on ebay a few years back but prices were a bit high. Last year I stumbled upon two cds that were in great shape and didn't cost me a dime :drool:

A quote from Jeff Lynne during a recent interview:

Concerning about my intimate friends, Traveling
Wilburys, there are four unreleased songs, which
were finished with Dhani Harrison. Two of them
are genuine brand new songs, and others were
released as a B side or on a charity album. They
are going to be added on Vol. 1 & Vol. 3, in a
box with documentary DVD.

:hmm: That's very interesting to hear.

Back
Top Bottom