Translations from English

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lemon Meringue

Rock n' Roll Doggie
I have to translate some short English phrases into various European languages. Has anyone here done much of this type of thing? What On-line translator do you think is the best? The translations don't have to be perfect, but I'd like choose the best resource I can.

Can any of you smart people help direct me?

I always use dictionaries. From german to English and vice versa you can find a relatively good free one at http://dict.leo.org/ (klick on the english version in the upper left)

I've only ever used babelfish.angelfire.com but it's quite amusing how wrong they can be sometimes.

Niamh_Saoirse said:
Being a translator/interpreter, it's my duty to tell you online translators suck arse! :lol:

If you have a basic or intermediate knowledge of the target language, you can use online dictionaries, which are very helpful:

www.wordreference.com
www.dictionary.cambridge.org
www.ldoceonline.com

Give me a shout if you need help! :wave:

I agree with Flavia, although I'm not a fluent French & Spanish speaker, but, with 9 years of studying them under my belt I think I should recognise translators give out really dodgy answers at least. :lol:

I know they suck, but my customer is a cheapass. Plus he wants translations into 4 different languages. I know a tiny bit of German, but the rest is :der: to me. I tried translating one little segment into French at two different sites and got completely different answers. I emailed the info to my customer and he was like WTF! I replied with, "I warned you." I wish I could see the people when they read these. :lol: I told him that I am NOT responsible for these translations. :shifty:

Thanks, but no Spanish this time...French, Italian, German and Portuguese. Besides, it is so boring you wouldn't want to read it anyway. :yawn:

Back
Top Bottom