Transformers: the movie

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
TransFormers More than Meets the EYE!!!

Can't wait for this. It's like the 80's all over again. Now if they will make a Voltron or GI Joe movie. those damn Cobra commanders.

I'm sooo excited about this. There's also a new Teen-age Mutant Ninja Turtles movie coming out that looks pretty sweet, too.

What other 80s movie should they do? I think Voltron would be cool. Or Thunder Cats.

Irvine511 said:
i :sad: when Optimus Prime died in the 80's movie.

:yes:

I also Cried when Dinobot died in Beast Wars....wow...thats brining back the memories.

This looks like it could be a good movie!, and I'll definitely be going to see it!

Please Don't screw with Megatron , In order to he look scary , bad ass and cool , he must not be screwed , forget that alien thing ....

Gotta love the scene where The Helicopter robot and Scorpon scares/attack the hell out of the troops

Wow, a Micheal Bay movie that doesn't look like ass? :drool:

But seriously, I'm totally seeing this purely based on nostalgia. That and Starscream is the shit. Oh, and OP looks fucking awesome in that trailer. Good production values, but you can expect that based due to the Spielberg production at least. :up:

did anyone see the Transformers episode that was after the movie and Rodimus Prime was the head Autobot and they were, like, lost in space or something and they came across a floating graveyard of all the original Autobots who died in the first movie (just so we'd all have to buy new toys)? and they went into the floating graveyard ship thing (where they saw, like, Jazz and Bumblebee) and then they discovered a living Optimus Prime? and then Rodimus gave him the Matrix back because Optimus was the real leader? but then Optimus went a bit crazy and couldn't control his body and he sort of euthanized himself by giving the Matrix back to Rodimus and then blowing up the whole ship with all the old dead Autobots on board? and Rodimus and crew got off the ship in time and as they flew away and watched the floating graveyard explode they all gave worded tributes to Optimus Prime and then the debris from the exploded graveyard sort of aligned with the stars in space to form a sort of constellation of Optimus and then the episode ended?

i get choked up just thinking about that.

:sad:

Optimus%20Prime.jpg

Not sure if I remember that one, but wasn't there a couple episodes where Prime came back because there is some virus (or something like that) infecting the autobots making them turn bad or just go crazy. I remember Prime being painted gold to prevent him from getting infected as well. Anybody remember this one or I am just cuckcoo?

I reacted poorly when I witnessed the death of Prime, and by poorly I mean I weeped a bit. My sadness did not last too long, though, because I was too busy being scared crapless by Unicron. :)

This film is perfect for Bay...it need not make any sense at all, we just want to see robots and explosions and ass kicking.

OP looks VERY cool in the trailer.

A Voltron movie would be too much for me to ask for. Dare I dream?

randhail said:
Not sure if I remember that one, but wasn't there a couple episodes where Prime came back because there is some virus (or something like that) infecting the autobots making them turn bad or just go crazy. I remember Prime being painted gold to prevent him from getting infected as well. Anybody remember this one or I am just cuckcoo?

that sounds familiar. there was some sort of Crazy Virus, and i think that's what was afflicting him aboard the floating graveyard thing and that's why he basically euthanized himself.

he was so brave and noble. :sad:

How are they going to deal with all the size issues? It was one thing in the cartoon for a handheld taperecorder or gun to turn into a fullsize robot, but would be cheezy as hell for it to happen in the movie...

I'm inspired to write a Haiku now:

Who's my ideal man?
Why, it's not a man at all
It's Optimus Prime

You try dealing with
Bumblebee and Jazz all day
See how well you lead

Are you wondering
Which Transformer was the best
It's Devastator

5 rugged robots
Combine and start kicking ass
No one stops that shit

The greenlighting of Star Trek XI hinges upon the success of this movie.

I hope it does well.

No spoken words said:

Who's my ideal man?
It's Optimus Prime

You try dealing with
See how well you lead

Are you wondering
It's Devastator

5 rugged robots
Combine and start kicking ass
No one stops that shit

that was beautiful! my fav is the first one.
and yes, i would also hope for a voltron movie. i've been waiting for one ever since my love for the show was resurrected by the Voltron Got Served clip
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_GEJHqYYg0c

Remember that 2nd weak ass Voltron? With the 15 ships instead of the 5 Lions? Not cool.

And, the blazing sword solves all problems, every time, be it in a fight or a dance off.

Irvine511 said:
i :sad: when Optimus Prime died in the 80's movie.

**said in deep Optimus Prime voice** As did I, Irvine. As did I.

Transformers was never the same after that.

No spoken words said:

Who's my ideal man?
It's Optimus Prime

You try dealing with
See how well you lead

Are you wondering
It's Devastator

5 rugged robots