Train Kills Internet

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

beli

Blue Crack Addict
From my ISP:

Dear Valued Customer,

Due to a train derailment west of Kalgoorlie that has severed an Optus Communications transatlantic cable, all International Internet Traffic will be experiencing some congestion.

At this early stage we anticipate that services will return to normal sometime in the early hours of tomorrow morning (Wednesday 02 February 2005).

So I'm stuck in the most isolated city in the world enjoying the wonders that permit me to "speak' to other people way out there .......

and a train crashes in the friggin desert and the whole technology collapses? :eyebrow:

PS I want to be a telepathic beam of light :up:

Why did Optus put a transatlantic cable in Kalgoorlie?

YES? No, I think not.

[picture of rhino/wildebeest/pelican/eagle/snake/whale/polarbear]

Angela Harlem said:
Why did Optus put a transatlantic cable in Kalgoorlie?

YES? No, I think not.

[picture of rhino/wildebeest/pelican/eagle/snake/whale/polarbear]

or train. :angry:

Why did they put the friggin cable near the railroad tracks? We have literally thousands of kilometres of desert here. Tonnes of it. More than we know what to do with. Except, of course, we know we don't want the Japanese building a biodome here, theres no space for that, but theres tonnes and TONNES of space for anything else. Why put the cable next to the railroad tracks?

Is it polarbear breeding season yet? We will have to see what happens to the internet when the 'bears take to humpin on the railroad tracks. :mad:

fah said:
So just how did you post this message :hmm:

~thinks beli must already have telepathic beam of light but is not sharing it with us~

I am trying VERY hard to turn into a telepathic beam of light.

or to spontaneously combust. Which ever comes first. :angry:

Chizip said:
at least you are valued

My custom is valued, my transparent personality is not. :angry:

And just for good measure.

:angry:

PS These grapes are still pissing me off. Why are they so difficult to pull off their little bunch branch stalk thingies? Further proof there is no God.

I was hoping this would be some bizarre story about how (the band) Train's craptacularity is so overwhelming it somehow affects the internet.

That would be funny. :up:

beli said:
PS These grapes are still pissing me off. Why are they so difficult to pull off their little bunch branch stalk thingies? Further proof there is no God.
no, that's god's way of saying you need some manservants feeding them to you! much easier that way.

So I decided to perk up my mood by purchasing a pack of those inspirational guidance magicial mermaid / dolphin card thingies.

So I open the pack, shuffle, pull out the card that will be my oracle for today and it states:

"Consult an Expert"

:angry: :angry:

:angry: :angry: :angry:

Dear beli

You are in the sucking part of your life

All mothers go through it, especially when your children are cling -ons.

You must find one little thing for you and try to focus part of your life on it.

Regards

fah

Diemen said:
I was hoping this would be some bizarre story about how (the band) Train's craptacularity is so overwhelming it somehow affects the internet.

Im not familiar with this band "Train". Should I be?

beli said:
they had two big hits: meet virginia, and drops of jupiter. maybe they've had more since then but i don't listen to new music anymore.

i need to find a manservant as well, to do things like pick up my take-out food and such. i know who i'd like to be my manservants. :flirt:

beli said:

Since they have overwhelming craptacularity, I would say no.... :wink:

Update from my ISP:

Good Afternoon,

The below outage has now been resolved, alternative data paths have been used as a work around.

Thank you for your patience.

Alternative data paths? Like what?
heading west = through the desert
heading north = through the desert
heading south = through Antartica
heading east = through the Indian Ocean

What theres some other way out of this place that they haven't told me about? :scream:

Please to be explaining this. :mad:

Last edited:
Maybe there is a little man inside your computer who writes down everything you type and then runs really fast to the next computer and passes it on to another little man who runs really fast....

Sorry, lack of sleep and work overload has gotten to me.

Tania said:
Maybe there is a little man inside your computer who writes down everything you type and then runs really fast to the next computer and passes it on to another little man who runs really fast....

Sorry, lack of sleep and work overload has gotten to me.

*quickly gets up and chck behind computer*
Bono..you in there? :lol:

Diemen said:

:up:

Back
Top Bottom