"Tragically Hip" Appreciation Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Love the Hip! I actually prefer their albums to their live shows.. or maybe I made it to the only bad show they ever did.. I'm not sure :giggle:

Up to Here and Phantom Power are my favourite albums.

RavenBlue said:
Love the Hip! I actually prefer their albums to their live shows.. or maybe I made it to the only bad show they ever did.. I'm not sure :giggle:

Up to Here and Phantom Power are my favourite albums.

I thought more people would like them. May be nobody's really heard of them.

RavenBlue said:

You just might have! :wink: They are known for being pretty great live. I've only seen them once...and they were incredible. My favourite albums are Trouble at the Henhouse, Day for Night, and Phantom Power.

Favourite song: either Bobcaygeon or Nautical Disaster :drool:

RavenBlue said:

If you thought the live show wasn't one of the best you've ever seen, then yes, you did see them on an off night.

:rockon:

Sorry RB - I agree with the others. I've seen them 7 or 8 times in large and small venues and they always deliver. Gord is fabulously isane most of the time :) My fave song changes on a regular basis, they have so many great ones, although Bobcaygeon appears in the rotation most often :up:

The hip rules and definitely Live..
You really saw a them on a bad day. I saw them 4 times and each time no less than brilliant. One of the best live bands I have ever seen and I have seen quite a bit
Day for night is my favourite album.. :drool:

angelordevil said:

You just might have! :wink: They are known for being pretty great live. I've only seen them once...and they were incredible. My favourite albums are Trouble at the Henhouse, Day for Night, and Phantom Power.

Favourite song: either Bobcaygeon or Nautical Disaster :drool:

These are my favorite songs too... add Pigeon Camera and Scared to round them out.

Hip are awesome... and they do a good live show.

I've seen them a few times, and the best being in Philly at a small venue, with Sam Roberts opening up for them... what a night!

I drank beer with Sam Roberts and his band, watched the hip, (I thought Gord was going to drown in his own sweat during "Fully Completely" ) then I met all of the hip after the show! It was great...

Hey, I'm from London too.:wave: Go UWO

snowbunny00774 said:
Sorry RB - I agree with the others. I've seen them 7 or 8 times in large and small venues and they always deliver. Gord is fabulously isane most of the time :) My fave song changes on a regular basis, they have so many great ones, although Bobcaygeon appears in the rotation most often :up:

My favorite song at the moment is "It can't Be Nashville Every Night"

"He said 'fuck this' and 'fuck that' and this guys the diplomat."

Love these guys

snowbunny00774 said:

Mustangs always:up:

Are you coming to the London gathering? :shamelesspromo:

LMPA - you will love them :heart:

I didn't know there was one. When is it? Problem is I live in Boulder, Colorado now but my family is all in London so if I can coordinate a visit with them... that would be cool.

I love The Hip! Been to like 5 of their concerts ranging from huge stadiums to small clubs, they are always amazing! Gordon Downie is one of the best frontmen, he is insane on stage! Scared is one of my favorite songs of all time!

Back
Top Bottom