Tracklisting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gickies Gageeze

Purgatory
Album info from Greenplastic
Radiohead will release their sixth album 'Hail To The Thief' on Parlophone on June 9.

This will be preceded by the single 'There There' on May 26.

'Hail To The Thief' features 14 tracks and was recorded in Oxfordshire and Los Angeles. It was produced by Nigel Godrich and Radiohead, and mixed by Nigel Godrich.

The track listing is:

2 + 2 = 5
Sit Down. Stand Up.
Sail To The Moon.
Backdrifts.
Go To Sleep.
Where I End And You Begin.
We Suck Young Blood.
The Gloaming.
There There.
I Will.
A Punch-Up at a Wedding.
Myxamatosis.
Scatterbrain.
A Wolf At The Door.

The group will play a short tour of the UK and Ireland in May. The seven dates were announced at the weekend through their website www.radiohead.com , and sold out immediately. The tour begins in Dublin on May 17.

----

KICK ASS!!!!!! I RULE!!!!

WOOHOOOO
:up::up:up

im pumped, glad to see punch up at a wedding, sail to the moon, scatterbrain and others listed, i cant freakin wait damnit......

:headexplodes:

truly i am lucky to have this information as early as i do. the atease message boards are completely plugged up - a record number of people are there right now.

so being the gentleman that i am, i left the board to free up space as soon as i saw the setlist... :wink:

:hug: ateaseweb.com :hug:

I want to hear the studio version of There There RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm going to try to not download all the songs if they become available.....try.......

Sounds great! I can't wait to hear it. All the expected songs are there plus a few that I am not familiar with yet. I like the title too. I am also looking forward to seeing what the artwork will look like for this one.

Thanks bear! :up:

MrBrau1 said:
Is this going to be a record of songs? or a record of sounds like the last 2?

you sound like womanfish. radiohead dont make complex music in the least. if you want complex music, go listen to squarepusher, aphex twin, boards of canada, autechre, etc...

i dont get why some people cant realize that radiohead have the ability to make good music without the big guitar sounds of the bends.

regardless, youll be happy to know that these songs appear to be much more "accessable."

MrBrau1 said:
Is this going to be a record of songs? or a record of sounds like the last 2?

Funny thing is, the last 2 albums were probably the most "musical" albums Radiohead has ever made.

I really dont care what kind of direction they're going with the new one, as long as it's as good as all of their others have been, I'm happy.

Sweet!!

I was hoping to see Lift, but ya know what they say.. ya pays your money, ya takes your chances, eh?

can't wait.

u2popmofo said:

Funny thing is, the last 2 albums were probably the most "musical" albums Radiohead has ever made.

I really dont care what kind of direction they're going with the new one, as long as it's as good as all of their others have been, I'm happy.

ditto ditto ditto

Anything new is good.:up:

all that and there's still plenty of b-sides material left over...

I'm a little unsure of the title, you dont want to put yourself in a vacuum, I hope they havent done that with this title...

if the album itself is anywhere near as good musically as the last 2 it will make it pretty much impossible at this point for U2 to win me back over in the "favorite band" category

very pleasing to see "go to sleep" on there, I was afraid that song would get lost since they hadnt performed it much last summer

The Wanderer said:
all that and there's still plenty of b-sides material left over...

I'm a little unsure of the title, you dont want to put yourself in a vacuum, I hope they havent done that with this title...

if the album itself is anywhere near as good musically as the last 2 it will make it pretty much impossible at this point for U2 to win me back over in the "favorite band" category

very pleasing to see "go to sleep" on there, I was afraid that song would get lost since they hadnt performed it much last summer

yes, i agree with everything you said. go to sleep was a favorite of mine, and youll be happy ( :wink: ) to know that i really dig a punch up at a wedding now. its got such a funky guitar, its impossible not to like.

unfortunately the intro song is not on there. theres a guy at ateaseweb called nevertell who is giving out a lot of information on this album.

i seriously believe that this album has the potential to be the best thing theyve ever done. and i fully believe it will blow u2 out of the water.

yes, i even have the video of that show, dear wanderer. i got it at one of the aphex twin message boards back in the good old days, if you know what i mean. :sexyTwink:

this from Pitchfork...........

Word came in across the wire yesterday afternoon that Radiohead have now announced an official title and tracklist for their forthcoming sixth album, in addition to the June 10th release date they trumpeted last week. The outcry among Radiohead supporters is that the new title, Hail to the Thief, is easily their least original since... ever. A none-too-subtle jab at G.W. Bush that is, even now, nigh on becoming as dated as a Dead Kennedys lyric, it doesn't bode well for the originality the band has made their trademark since the release of 1995's The Bends.
Nonetheless, fans remain optimistic about the material on the record, which-- if recent performances are any indication (and they may well not be)-- is the band's darkest yet. The fourteen-track lineup encompasses just about all of the new songs debuted in the band's showcase European tour last summer. Dark horse album contenders "Go to Sleep" and "Where I End And You Begin" have both made the cut, and AOL Instant Messenger traffic was momentarily disrupted Monday when 3.7 million Radiohead geeks simultaneously exchanged digital high-fives over the inclusion of longtime bridesmaid "I Will". Yorke and crew even give a shout-out to fuzzy math in opener (and potential single) "2 + 2 = 5" and toss in previously unknown tracks "Backdrifts" and "The Gloaming" for the hell of it.
Very little is known about the sound of the Nigel Godrich-produced record, save for Yorke's own comments on "Myxomatosis" as posted on the official Radiohead bulletin board earlier this month (and we quote): "It has Funk and UGGGGLLLIIIIEEEEEE keyboards." Fucking Filtermagazine, of all people, were somehow sneaked a listen to four cuts from Hail to the Thief, and the geniuses over there compared it to OK Computer. Original, guys!
Interestingly, two tunes debuted in a December webcast (known unofficially as "I Froze Up" and "Good Morning Mr. Magpie") have apparently not made the cut. New song "Up on the Ladder" (which New Musical Expresscompared favorably to "Airbag") is also among the also-rans, alongside longtime fan jizz objects "Lift" and "Big Ideas (Don't Get Any)". As previously reported, the first single from Hail to the Thief, "There There", is expected to include four non-album cuts, so cross your fingers and don't uncross them until the single is released on May 26th or it won't happen.
Radiohead are also collecting video clips from fans for inclusion in an as-yet undisclosed multimedia project. The band will be accepting entries between 10 seconds and "at most a song's length" until May 8th via the group's Oxford P.O. box. "Take one of the live MP3's of a Radiohead track," the band's recipe-like announcement reads in part. "Make some moving pictures to it (can be anything: live action, animation, graphics, etc.)" Radiohead will also consider existing short films "that would benefit from an airing," brief Quicktime animations, and entries from 2003 Best Director winner Roman Polanski for the project. Visit the w.a.s.t.e. fanclub site linked below for more info.

Yeah...the title is OK at best, but then again we don't like Radiohead solely for their album titles now do we?! (Even tho they DO kick serious arse.) I've heard bits and pieces of the studio versions of most of the tracks, trust me noone will be dissapointed in the least. "We Suck Young Blood" is soooo T.I.T.S it's not even funny. There There too. Rockin. :drool:

Gickies Gageeze said:
headsonsticks, youve heard studio versions???

uh, please do explain more. even if you havet to email me at beatricemilk@hotmail.com :wink:

Yeah, but only snippets. Not sure if I've had this discussion with you or EP, but a good friend of mine run's Ben Harper's website (www.benharper.net) shameless plug...
ANYway, he's connected like the Matrix & I get to hear a lot of stuff before it's even released & seeing as how he knows how retarded I am over Radiohead he tries to get me stuff when he can. he's floated me like, I dunno, 20-30 bootleg live shows stemming from 1993-2002, all great sound quality. Straight from the board or fom the middle of the venue. SO, to make a long story even longer, Ben Harper's manager is friendly with Bryce who's one of RH's managers and he got a little promo of the album. Mostly 60 sec clips of each song, including all the stuff they left off the album but are intended for b-sides (mr.magpie,i froze up etc...) so while I've heard parts, I still haven't heard the album in its entirety. But from what I have heard its pretty much drop dead, Oxford-style dark pop, with strong elements of Kid A. Whew!!

So, Gickies. Do you have lots of RH live discs? I'd be up to burn some discs back and forth if you'd like. I can send you an Excel list of what I have.

Heads, we gotta hook this stuff up, bear can wait man, i need it now! Its my own personal crack brotha!

Seriously, i will contact you....:up:

Elvis Presley said:
Heads, we gotta hook this stuff up, bear can wait man, i need it now! Its my own personal crack brotha!

Seriously, i will contact you....:up:

Let's rock and roll brotha!

Elvis, your new picture keeps on freaking me out because I look at it and think it's Chris Kattan

HeadsOnSticks, you deserve to be beaten by a stick just for having been able to hear studio versions already.... Sooooo, would you say guitars are used more plentifully.....????

Last edited:
yes, send the excel thing to me!

i have a few boots myself, but im sure you have them all.

the songs you have heard clips from, can you hear the guitars, or are they muffled? songs like 2+2=5, there there and go to sleep all "rocked" live, but do they on the album?

Back
Top Bottom