Tracey Edmonds: I'm Dating Eddie Murphy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2Girl1978

Blue Crack Addict
Umm....ok. I thought him and Scary Spice were together.... :huh:

MONDAY DECEMBER 04, 2006 09:10PM EST

Eddie Murphy and Tracey Edmonds, a film producer and the ex-wife of singer Kenneth "Babyface" Edmonds, are dating, she tells PEOPLE exclusively.

The couple have been seeing each other "for about a month and a half," Edmonds said at the New York premiere of Dreamgirls, which she attended with Murphy on Monday.

When asked if she was happy she smiled and said, "Yes, very happy. We're having fun."

Previously, Murphy had been seeing former Spice Girl, Melanie Brown. Calls to the comedian’s rep were not immediately returned.

Edmonds split from "Babyface" in October 2005 after 13 years together.

Queen Bee said:
How fascinating! Thank you for posting this :up:. I've been wondering what Eddie Murphy has been up to these days. I look forward to the discussions this thread will provoke.

:hug: articles on the love lives of celebrities :hug:

I'm detecting some sarcasm with your reply. If that's the case, how about instead of being snarky, just not saying anything at all and letting people who wish to discuss the topic do just that?

Former Spice Girl Melanie Brown insists ex-boyfriend Eddie Murphy is the father of the baby she's carrying and says she can't imagine why he would publicly question the child's paternity.

"I am obviously upset and distressed at some of the comments made by Eddie Murphy to the media," Brown, who is in the second trimester of her pregnancy, says in the statement released Thursday. "I have no idea why anybody would want to conduct themselves in this kind of manner about such a personal matter in such a public way.

"My main concern is for the well being of my (seven-year-old) daughter Phoenix and of course the baby. I was astonished at what Eddie said – there is absolutely no question that Eddie is the father."

The U.K.-born Brown, 31, was on a plane from England to Los Angeles on Monday when an interview with Murphy aired on the Dutch TV show RTL Boulevard. In the interview, Murphy was asked about Brown and her pregnancy.

"We're not together anymore," said Murphy, 45. "And I don't know whose child that is, until it comes out and has a blood test. You shouldn't jump to conclusions, sir."

Brown only learned that her relationship with Murphy had ended when she landed in Los Angeles and received voicemails from friends telling her about the TV interview, a source close to her tells PEOPLE.

That same night, at the New York City premiere of his movie Dreamgirls, Murphy stepped out with his new girlfriend, Tracey Edmonds, a movie producer and the ex-wife of singer Kenneth "Babyface" Edmonds. Edmonds told PEOPLE they'd been dating for "about a month and a half."

"This was extraordinarily brazen what he did," a friend of Brown tells PEOPLE. "If he had fallen in love with somebody else, that would have been pretty bad anyway, but to then wheel her out in public for a deliberate photo op, when Melanie's pregnant! That's a rat, frankly."

The friend adds, "Melanie insists there is absolutely no question whose baby this is. And she resents the inference that she wouldn't know whose baby it was. It's fairly simple. She hasn't slept with anyone else."

Still, the friend says Brown will agree to a paternity test. "Melanie's gone through shock, pain, anger, the whole range of emotions," says the pal. "A lot of women or men in this situation would go to ground but she wants to take it head on."

The former Scary Spice was briefly married to dancer Jimmy Gulzar, with whom she had Phoenix in 1999. Brown has lived in Los Angeles for the past few years and worked on launching a solo singing career – but British reports indicate that the Spice Girls may reform next year for a concert that is being planned by Princes William and Harry in memory of their mother, Princess Diana.

Murphy and Brown began dating over the summer after Murphy's April divorce from his wife of 12 years, Nicole Mitchell.

Back
Top Bottom