Tower Records going out of business - Page 4 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 10-24-2006, 09:59 AM   #46
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 05:24 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by martha

Your true colors are showing.
Should I/we not be encouraging a considered discourse, 'round these parts...? Seriously, that was an insightful, affective, and rational post all at once, back there. We gotta give credit where credit's due, especially when even the high-minded among us tend all too often to get bogged down in bold, foolish, laughable proclamations of/like, "Fuck Target because it fucking sucks, motherfuckers!" or idiotic, childish smiley faces passed off as argumentation.

...I found it to be a good posting, anyway. I suppose I could be missing the boat, but I've spent enough time with Aristotle to feel comfortable endorsing them shits. One more time, mistress--if you've ever anything to say, post here more often!

Also: Were people really only able to find copies of Hot Press and the like at Tower? I can't speak universally, but I've seen at least that particular magazine in the Barnes and Noble store near my place, back in the states.

Old 10-24-2006, 10:24 AM   #47
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 06:24 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by If you shout...
Also: Were people really only able to find copies of Hot Press and the like at Tower?
I can honestly say YES when it came to buying 'Q' or 'Uncut' ...
(no one else carried these magazines, not even B&N or Borders)
And I see that Jewel/Osco now actually carries 'Spin' ... I used to get that magazine only from Tower too.

The sad part was since I always had a difficult time finding 'Q' or 'Uncut'... I would order those magzines on-line through their websites and pay alot more for the magazine since our American dollar was converted into the British currency. I was rather relieved when I found out Tower did in fact carry these magazines. Needless to say, I stopped ordering them on-line and didn't have to look elsewhere.
Now with Tower closing ... I'm back to square one.

Old 10-24-2006, 06:12 PM   #48
Refugee

Local Time: 03:24 PM
I'll mourn the loss of Tower Records. The countless random hours that I've wandered the aisles in search of nothing and everything. Discovering new artists.

Waiting in line for U2 and Springsteen tickets and countless others.

Waiting in line and buying Achtung Baby at midnight...and then driving home and staying up past 3am listening to it again and again for the first time

--------

I know that I helped to kill Tower Records but the bad news is that in the end the more retail shops that go out of business the more we're all going to end up paying online. Less competition means higher prices.
Old 10-24-2006, 08:44 PM   #49
Babyface

Local Time: 11:24 PM
Thanks so much for the nice words and vote of confidence, If you shout!

I definitely plan on posting more often, I like the minds and personalities here... and I get caught up lurking on FYM which is the blue crack for me - such an addiction, it just soaks up all my time!
Old 10-24-2006, 11:27 PM   #50
Blue Crack Supplier

Location: Earth to Blue Crack to Planet Fierce and back again
Quote:
Originally posted by If you shout...

I attribute the loss of business to them thinking that people are retarded enough to spend twenty fucking dollars on an album. This is easily the best news in history. Fuck Tower Records.

Just use Amazon, people.

And, you know, save like $15.

Well it might have sucked for yu but I got very good deals on new releases and I too shop Amazon..but I got my international magazines at Tower....It sucks to lose them..
Old 10-24-2006, 11:30 PM   #51
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by Reggie Thee Dog
Long Live Tower Records...champion of music for the masses!!!

High prices, corporate consumernism and all!!! I will alway them for allowing me to discover new music, being accessible, and having what I wanted when I wanted it. For opening up at midnight to sell Zooropa and giving away a freebie, for having friendly and knowledgeable staff, and for being a warm place to shop.

I you Tower Records...sorry to see you go.

I went to the Midnight sale at the Holloywood-Sunset TR for HTDAAB....It was really fun!!!!
Old 10-24-2006, 11:33 PM   #52
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by martha
I rarely paid full price at Tower, but their sale prices couldn't be beat, and they had so many discs, and so many listening stations. I found the Mag Seven, the Bell-Rays, and Pelican there, just to name a few.

Oh Totally agree!! I got the new releases and at times they beat the Best Buy prices!!!

Got my U2 in Chicago dvd cheaper in TR than they had it at Best Buy...

just a note that I had no idea that TR was closing or that other stores had closed...Im in So.CA and I have 4 TR in my driving distance ........(had)