Tour De France 2006

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
"Landis, a 30-year-old former mountain biker, says he was tested eight other times during the three-week tour and all the results came back negative."

But he claims to have higher than normal testosterone levels, so he should have tested positive all 8 times. What a pathetic display of a person caught cheating.:|

Phonak, his Swiss team has already fired him. His only recourse now are appeals and of course, swaying the US media to argue a French conspiracy, start selling freedom fries again.

With the second test with the same result, is there any way left for Landis to prove he wasn't on doping?

I was getting off the freeway to get home today after work and when I stopped at the light, I noticed a big sign that was made by the city of Murrieta, Ca. (Where I live)......and on it it was congratulates Landis and welcoming him back home.
I did not even know he was from California.
Now they are awaiting the results to see if they throw him that parade they had prepared for him........

If Landis had come clean after the tests and said "ok, yeah. I did it and I was wrong, and I'll come back clean", then I think he would have kept a lot of respect, and his reputation would have survived largely intact.

The latest excuse now is that the lab has it in for him, and that they have an agenda to try to take him down.

Excuse list:
- Beer
- Jack Daniel's
- Cortisone
- Dehydration
- Hyperthyroidism
- A sinister lab
- Poor testing standards

I can't wait to hear the next one. :|

Own up to it, Floyd, and save what respect you have left. Tyler Hamilton did the same thing (and still maintains his innocence despite being implicated in multiple probes!) and nobody believes him.

Such a great Tour ruined! :banghead:

Back
Top Bottom