Totness, Suriname Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I like Electioneering and Idioteque. That's about it.

Ahh, right. It's $89 plus booking fee, so if you've $100 spare, you'll get a few dollars of change. It'll be totally worth it. After playing the bigger venues last year, they've decided to do smaller, more intimate shows this year. I can't fucking wait.

powderfinger blew the fucking roof off :drool:
the angels are also playing there 8th nov, for only $50.00 and they still have ticks, so i am seriously considering that too mmmm bogan tastick. fuck i love doc !

Ah, right. I get what you mean. That monumentally blows. I'm sure you did well hesitation aside.

Thanks :hug: I managed to get some good stuff in there. We never actually get the marks back, which I think is good.

GG will be happy to hear I failed a chem sac on Monday :lol:

Fuck you. Kid A's awesome.
And rightfully so! :grumpy:

:hi5: I brought it last week and it's my least favourite of the four I've got, but I'm getting into it quick than I thought, thanks mostly to Motion Picture Soundtrack, which is majestic.

Hey andrew and bonnie! :wave:

Do you own many albums? Brought?

Did they not promote the shows or something? Because I've heard nothing about it. Do they have setlists on their website? Hope they're still playing Time on Earth material.

I don't buy albums. I consider owning the actual CD a waste of money and space, not to mention that CDs are so over-priced and almost none of the money actually goes to the artists who deserve it. I'd happily buy albums directly from artists, but not through record stores and shit.

Yes, they do sets on their website, though latest ones are poorly updated yet. Still some TOE material, unfortunate from my perspective, though there's also plenty of new stuff too, and as per usual, a huge random mix of old songs. And yeah, it seems like this hasn't been promoted much - I suppose to avoid a monumental rush by casual fans on a venue that has very limited capacity.

powderfinger blew the fucking roof off :drool:
the angels are also playing there 8th nov, for only $50.00 and they still have ticks, so i am seriously considering that too mmmm bogan tastick. fuck i love doc !

Ooh I was gonna ask how that was. Did they play Sunset or The Metre? I love Teh metre.

There was an article on doc in the herald sun last week I think. Sounds like he's had a rough life.

:hi5: I brought it last week and it's my least favourite of the four I've got, but I'm getting into it quick than I thought, thanks mostly to Motion Picture Soundtrack, which is majestic.

My first band used to cover Motion Picture Soundtrack live. Of course, we reinvented it to suit our rock-out purposes. :shifty:

I don't buy albums. I consider owning the actual CD a waste of money and space, not to mention that CDs are so over-priced and almost none of the money actually goes to the artists who deserve it. I'd happily buy albums directly from artists, but not through record stores and shit.

Yes, they do sets on their website, though latest ones are poorly updated yet. Still some TOE material, unfortunate from my perspective, though there's also plenty of new stuff too, and as per usual, a huge random mix of old songs. And yeah, it seems like this hasn't been promoted much - I suppose to avoid a monumental rush by casual fans on a venue that has very limited capacity.

Fair point, especially on the money that goes back to them.

I'll check it out. Thought you might say that :lol: I like Time on Earth though, a whole bunch of good songs I reckon. How many people fit at the Forum? That's why I'm really considering it I've never seen an intimiate indoor gig, teh closest was Floyd tribute at the Esplanade.

can;t stand wine!!! even the sweet stuff, though goon bags at mynt aren't half bad.

I have utterly no idea who you guys are talking about here.

(hopefully) she's talking about doc neeson (is it?) who's the angels front man. you might know. am i ever gonna see your face again? no way get fucked fuck off!

Ooh I was gonna ask how that was. Did they play Sunset or The Metre? I love Teh metre.

There was an article on doc in the herald sun last week I think. Sounds like he's had a rough life.

they played sunsets, alll the good stuff old and new, lots of crowd sing alongs, i was up front and got a smile from Bernard :faint: it was SO FUCKING GOOD .
i had some pics up on facebook but had to pull all that down . man crowded house would be great there, the intimate setting is just brilliant .

:lol:

No, that was serious there. I like some of The Bends, too. But in comparison to most people here, I'm a militant hater of all things Thom Yorke.

As UrineAppreciator says about Anthony Kiedis being the weakest member of Red Hot Chili Peppers (which I agree with), I think Thom Yorke is the weakest member of Radiohead.

I'll check it out. Thought you might say that :lol: I like Time on Earth though, a whole bunch of good songs I reckon. How many people fit at the Forum? That's why I'm really considering it I've never seen an intimiate indoor gig, teh closest was Floyd tribute at the Esplanade.

I like a few TOE songs, like Even A Child and Silent House, but it feels much more like a Neil Finn solo album (because it originally was going to be!), and I don't think it quite compares to the eponymous debut or Together Alone. The Forum holds something like 2,300. Smallest show I've ever seen was the Laura concert last month, probably only 200 or so people in the East Brunswick Club.

I have utterly no idea who you guys are talking about here.

Doc neeson from the angels is one of australias greatest front men ! in the late 70's/ early 80's he had the most incredible energy , they were more like a punk band, he used to do some bonoesque scaffolding climbing aactually.

great doco on them on SBS last sat night called no way get fucked fuck off!

sadly now they are a bit old , bald and on oxygen!

:lol:

No, that was serious there. I like some of The Bends, too. But in comparison to most people here, I'm a militant hater of all things Thom Yorke.

There's something about him that irritates the shit out of me, but I have no idea what it is. :lol:

Ah, you see, we never recorded it. Just used it as the closer at our first dozen gigs or so.

Damn! How did you rockify it? Cos it's not all that rocky on Kid A.

they played sunsets, alll the good stuff old and new, lots of crowd sing alongs, i was up front and got a smile from Bernard :faint: it was SO FUCKING GOOD .
i had some pics up on facebook but had to pull all that down . man crowded house would be great there, the intimate setting is just brilliant .

Sounds awesome!!! No The Metre? (welcome to the saving grace.....) It woulda been a great show.

Well, it does have Idioteque. But the rest is dreadful.

Can I ask what it is you find dreadful? There's some nice atmosphericness going on on Kid A.

As UrineAppreciator says about Anthony Kiedis being the weakest member of Red Hot Chili Peppers (which I agree with), I think Thom Yorke is the weakest member of Radiohead.

Someone who agrees with me about Kiedis. He pales into the background in that band. While the rest of them kick ass doing whatever the fuck they want, all he can do is dance like a spastic, and he's not that good a singer either.

Anyway im off, peace.

I like rum because, apparently, I can't taste it very much. It tastes like watered-down vodka to me. Most people think it tastes terrible. I think I'm a special exception.

i loves me bacardi . at one point was considering a bacardi bat tattoo!
not so much anymore,

i am on my 2nd jack daniels for the arvo though

Doc neeson from the angels is one of australias greatest front men ! in the late 70's/ early 80's he had the most incredible energy , they were more like a punk band, he used to do some bonoesque scaffolding climbing aactually.

great doco on them on SBS last sat night called no way get fucked fuck off!

sadly now they are a bit old , bald and on oxygen!

Ahh, right. I get the feeling I'd recognise a song or two then, but I can't think of anything off the top of my head.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom