Total Lunar Eclipse -- May 15, 2003 (tonite)!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ABEL

An Angel In Devil's Shoes
get_galleryfile.asp

TOTAL LUNAR ECLIPSE MAY 15, 2003!

Total eclipse of the Moon, May 15-16. The beginning of the umbral phase will be visible in eastern North America; the end will be visible in North America except the extreme northwest. The Moon enters penumbra at 9:05 P.M. EDT (6:05 P.M. PDT); the umbral phase begins at 10:03 P.M. EDT (7:03 P.M. PDT); totality begins at 11:14 P.M. EDT (8:14 P.M. PDT) and ends at 12:06 A.M. EDT (9:06 P.M. PDT); the umbral phase ends at 1:17 A.M. EDT (10:17 P.M.); the Moon leaves penumbra at 2:15 A.M. EDT (11:15 P.M. PDT).

Below are a few websites I found with some good info on the eclipse and viewing times.

--------------------------------------------

lunar_eclipse_diagram_030425_03.gif

For a complete time table and info, click the website below.
http://www.space.com/spacewatch/lunar_eclipse_feature_030509.html#t

to find out the times for the eclipse from your location, click on the website below for the U.S. Naval Observatory and enter your location in the Lunar Eclipse Computer. The first part is for U.S. Cities and towns and the second part is for worldwide cities and towns.
http://aa.usno.navy.mil/data/docs/LunarEclipse.html

TLE2003May-Map1s.GIF

http://sunearth.gsfc.nasa.gov/eclipse/extra/TLE2003May15.html

I hope y'all get a chance to get out and see the eclipse! Unfortunately the weather forecast is for clouds and possibly thunderstorms here tomorrow, so I doubt if I will be able to see the eclipse :sad: :banghead:

I'm in the no eclipse visible zone...last time there was one I was only about five or six I think, and they said it would be 60 or 300 years (can't remember) till the next one in my area.

total eclipse for me, hopefully there will be a clear sky

Once upon a time I was falling in love but now I'm only falling apart.
There's nothing I can do, a total eclipse of the heart.
Once upon a time there was light in my life but now there's only love in the dark.
Nothing I can say, a total eclipse of the heart.

This full moon lunar eclipse takes place in the sign of Scorpio. Scorpios, hold on to your seats. Change is in the air. ;)

We'll have to get out the telescope. :up: It is crystal clear outside today, I hope it will be tonight, too.

Thanks ABEL.

joyfulgirl said:
This full moon lunar eclipse takes place in the sign of Scorpio. Scorpios, hold on to your seats. Change is in the air. ;)

I'm a Scorpio :sexywink: :hyper:

unfortunately it's still cloudy here...and later on after midnight and towards morning, there's a chance of thunderstorms here, some strong...so it looks like the eclipse will be hiding behind the clouds from me...I hope I won't be hiding from tornadoes :|

the last time that was a visible eclipse from where I'm, I was slept
this time I will see it

i got to see it!! :hyper:

the moon looked like a fingernail. :laugh:

i wish i coulda been in florida though cuz apparently the moon was really red there. it was only a reddish tint here. kinda like if you dye your hair with red kool-aid, something i never did of course.

KhanadaRhodes said:
:

i wish i coulda been in florida though cuz apparently the moon was really red there. it was only a reddish tint here. kinda like if you dye your hair with red kool-aid, something i never did of course.

Grrr... not in Tampa :mad: We had a big damn cloud in the way. Everythang was blurrry. :mad:

We couldn't see it due to the clouds and severe weather.

BUT!

Never fear. There will be another one this year on November 8 if you missed it last night! :applaud: Yea!

bonosgirl84 said:
the sky was clear over my desert tonight, and the moon was beautiful.

:up: same here

In fact, I was driving home from a friend's during the eclipse and had a perfect view, as though it were guiding me home.

I saw the beginning of it...then it clouded up. I believe the cloud covering the moon was in the shape of Joan Jett.

:macdevil:

location: perched a top a hill overlooking a very nice river in Ontario.
reason: attempt to catch a glimpse of a very pretty picture in the sky
outcome: well where the hell is it????can't see anything with all this cloud cover..the sky never changed....until next time

...still enjoyed being perched on the hill overlooking a very nice river..on a blanket....beside a tree...sipping Tim Hortons tea...listening to some good tunes...next best thing to seeing the eclipse...;)

ABEL - at least you saw it...and it looks purty...:yes:

Back
Top Bottom