Torquay Superthread - Page 8 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 03-05-2008, 10:18 AM   #106
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 12:03 PM
OK, I'm about to go, but let me share just a few pics of my beautiful hometown before I go.

This is the Wharemauku Stream's mouth on the Rauoterangi Channel of the Tasman Sea.

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 03-05-2008, 10:20 AM   #107
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 08:03 PM
that's a nice landscape

Old 03-05-2008, 10:21 AM   #108
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally posted by unico

aren't they??? utoo had a party at his place, it was the first time i'd ever met him. a friend of mine had met him before so we went along with another one of my friends. they are just the sweetest! his wife is actually my health counselor.

i love that they go to hospitals wearing crazy pants. they've invited me to join them, maybe someday i will but i've been so busy.
Ha, wow, that's really awesome. I had such a good time chatting with them. We also spoke with this lovely Danish couple who were with us in line. That was one of the best days, I remember it really fondly.

I love how you can create all these personal links to other Interferencers too. How's this? unico --> Utoo --> Axver --> Alisaura. I wonder if we can link all the postwhores to each other? I think Ali links us to COBL_04 - I haven't met him yet myself.

"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 03-05-2008, 10:22 AM   #109
Vocal parasite

Looking the other way up the Wharemauku Stream. I have so many good memories of playing here as a child.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 03-05-2008, 10:23 AM   #110
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Axver

Ha, wow, that's really awesome. I had such a good time chatting with them. We also spoke with this lovely Danish couple who were with us in line. That was one of the best days, I remember it really fondly.

I love how you can create all these personal links to other Interferencers too. How's this? unico --> Utoo --> Axver --> Alisaura. I wonder if we can link all the postwhores to each other? I think Ali links us to COBL_04 - I haven't met him yet myself.

oh wow...yeah we should try a 6 degrees thing!
Old 03-05-2008, 10:24 AM   #111
Vocal parasite

This ride-on miniature railway in Marine Gardens in Raumati Beach was THE BEST THING EVER when I was a little kid. I loved it so much, you have no idea.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 03-05-2008, 10:26 AM   #112
Vocal parasite

Quote:

oh wow...yeah we should try a 6 degrees thing!
Almost all of us in Melbourne have directly or indirectly met each other. The only one from this thread that we're missing is Maj. Panic, and I'm meeting him in 11.5 hours! I think you can link Jen, cin, COBL_04, Ali, Trance, and I in various ways. I've only met Ali and Trance so far.

And I'll meet Liam in late April when we see Porcupine Tree in Sydney.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 03-05-2008, 10:27 AM   #113
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Axver
This ride-on miniature railway in Marine Gardens in Raumati Beach was THE BEST THING EVER when I was a little kid. I loved it so much, you have no idea.

holy shit that looks awesome!
Old 03-05-2008, 10:28 AM   #114
Vocal parasite

OK, my last picture for the night. This is Kapiti Island, which is offshore from the region named after it, the Kapiti Coast. I'm so used to seeing this off the coast that despite living away from the area for a decade, all other coastlines still don't feel right. I miss my island. It's an absolutely gorgeous nature reserve.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 03-05-2008, 10:30 AM   #115
Vocal parasite

Quote:

holy shit that looks awesome!
It was THE BEST. It's got that little viaduct you see there, and a tunnel, and it loops around the park and it's just made of so much win. Honestly, if I still lived on the Kapiti Coast, I'd probably now be driving those trains for the kids.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 03-05-2008, 10:31 AM   #116
Blue Crack Addict

i'm suprised something so beautiful isn't crowded! you're lucky to have lived in such a beautiful area.
Old 03-05-2008, 10:34 AM   #117
Vocal parasite

A little bit further up the coast in Paraparaumu it can get fairly crowded on summer weekends, but yeah, generally around Raumati South (from where I took that photo), there aren't that many people. Rock on, lowly populated countries.

Anyhow, I need sleep. At this rate, I'll only get 7.5 and I like 8! Ah well. Have a good one!

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 03-05-2008, 10:36 AM   #118
pgv
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 02:03 AM
(I never comment in these threads, but I love Torquay & faulty towers so I thought I'd say hi... )
Old 03-05-2008, 10:44 AM   #119
Blue Crack Addict

cya ax! heya pgv
Old 03-05-2008, 10:47 AM   #120
Blue Crack Addict

Just popping in to say that those pics are awesome. I wish I had the time and money to visit down there. Maybe one of these days...

Tags
superthread