Torquay Superthread - Page 64 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 03-06-2008, 03:56 PM   #946
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 30,343
Local Time: 04:58 PM
What is real?
__________________

__________________
phillyfan26 is offline  
Old 03-06-2008, 03:57 PM   #947
Blue Crack Addict
 
unico's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Rage Ave.
Posts: 18,747
Local Time: 04:58 PM
well, on the bright side we're getting closer to starting a new thread. Thanks Canadiens!
__________________

__________________
unico is offline  
Old 03-06-2008, 03:57 PM   #948
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Canadiens1131's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 10,363
Local Time: 05:58 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Screwtape2


They are real. These aren't fantasies these are realities. I wish people would accept that they are real for me and that they could be real for all of you. I know you guys don't believe me but they are real.
__________________
Canadiens1131 is offline  
Old 03-06-2008, 03:59 PM   #949
Blue Crack Addict
 
Varitek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: on borderland we run
Posts: 16,861
Local Time: 04:58 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Screwtape2


They are real. These aren't fantasies these are realities. I wish people would accept that they are real for me and that they could be real for all of you. I know you guys don't believe me but they are real.
Now I'm not talking about your romanticized views of sex. I'm talking about your views of real life girls, like this one you were referring to earlier. YOu have stared at her from across the room. You have never talked to her and she doesn't know your name. You don't actually have any idea who she is. It is perfectly acceptable to say you have a crush on her, but you have to realize that you don't know her and not just make up features to ascribe to her or project onto her because you'd like that idea to be her. She is a real individual person of her own, and not who you make of her in your head without having ever talked to her. THIS IS NOT REAL.
__________________
Varitek is offline  
Old 03-06-2008, 03:59 PM   #950
Blue Crack Addict
 
phanan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: in the darkness on the edge of town
Posts: 25,060
Local Time: 04:58 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Screwtape2


You can know them a little and see them for who they are whether it be caring, compassionate, interesting, etc. When it is love you know it. It will pull at you in ways you can't imagine.
You only know someone a little when you start to interact with them. Otherwise, you don't know them, you only think you know them.

And yes, there may come a time when you realize that this is the person for you, that this is the one you want to be with for the rest of your life, but it doesn't happen beforehand. It comes later.
__________________
phanan is offline  
Old 03-06-2008, 04:00 PM   #951
Self-righteous bullshitter
 
BoMac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Soviet Canuckistan — Socialist paradise
Posts: 16,664
Local Time: 05:58 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by phillyfan26
What is real?
I don't even think half of what he says is real. I picture him at his desk, laughing hysterically because he's able to get a rise out of people.

That being said, I am enjoying Mike's facepalm pictures, so keep it up!
__________________

BoMac is offline  
Old 03-06-2008, 04:05 PM   #952
Blue Crack Addict
 
Dalton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Little hand says it's time to rock and roll.
Posts: 15,147
Local Time: 05:58 PM
Let me celebrate with you crazy decedents of convicts: I am NOT going to be a dad again. Dodging a fooking bullet.
__________________
Dalton is offline  
Old 03-06-2008, 04:06 PM   #953
Blue Crack Addict
 
Dalton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Little hand says it's time to rock and roll.
Posts: 15,147
Local Time: 05:58 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Varitek


Now I'm not talking about your romanticized views of sex. I'm talking about your views of real life girls, like this one you were referring to earlier. YOu have stared at her from across the room. You have never talked to her and she doesn't know your name. You don't actually have any idea who she is. It is perfectly acceptable to say you have a crush on her, but you have to realize that you don't know her and not just make up features to ascribe to her or project onto her because you'd like that idea to be her. She is a real individual person of her own, and not who you make of her in your head without having ever talked to her. THIS IS NOT REAL.

I like most women a lot better before I get to know them. Of course, they usually don't let you see them naked until you talk to them, so its a bit of a catch -22.
__________________
Dalton is offline  
Old 03-06-2008, 04:06 PM   #954
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Canadiens1131's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 10,363
Local Time: 05:58 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Dalton
Let me celebrate with you crazy decedents of convicts: I am NOT going to be a dad again. Dodging a fooking bullet.
No need for a smoshmortion, then
__________________
Canadiens1131 is offline  
Old 03-06-2008, 04:06 PM   #955
Blue Crack Supplier
 
No spoken words's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Where do YOU live?
Posts: 43,241
Local Time: 01:58 PM



__________________
No spoken words is offline  
Old 03-06-2008, 04:07 PM   #956
Blue Crack Distributor
 
Lila64's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: ♥Set List Lane♥
Posts: 52,710
Local Time: 02:58 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by BonoManiac


I don't even think half of what he says is real. I picture him at his desk, laughing hysterically because he's able to get a rise out of people.

That being said, I am enjoying Mike's facepalm pictures, so keep it up!


would you like to share?



Would this help you Canadians? I didn't have any facepalms on call.
__________________
Lila64 is offline  
Old 03-06-2008, 04:07 PM   #957
Blue Crack Addict
 
Dalton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Little hand says it's time to rock and roll.
Posts: 15,147
Local Time: 05:58 PM
I gotta be honest. The Eagle creeps me out a bit.
__________________
Dalton is offline  
Old 03-06-2008, 04:08 PM   #958
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Canadiens1131's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 10,363
Local Time: 05:58 PM


__________________
Canadiens1131 is offline  
Old 03-06-2008, 04:09 PM   #959
Blue Crack Distributor
 
Lila64's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: ♥Set List Lane♥
Posts: 52,710
Local Time: 02:58 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Dalton
Let me celebrate with you crazy decedents of convicts: I am NOT going to be a dad again. Dodging a fooking bullet.

Congrats - now you can have that breakfast you skipped out on.


Oh, here's a facepalm
__________________
Lila64 is offline  
Old 03-06-2008, 04:09 PM   #960
Blue Crack Addict
 
phanan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: in the darkness on the edge of town
Posts: 25,060
Local Time: 04:58 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Screwtape2


They are real. These aren't fantasies these are realities. I wish people would accept that they are real for me and that they could be real for all of you. I know you guys don't believe me but they are real.
You have real feelings, of course. Nobody is arguing that. But you are living in a fantasy world in terms of how you think you should handle those feelings when you meet someone you like.
__________________

__________________
phanan is offline  
 

Tags
superthread

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:58 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com