Torquay Superthread - Page 50 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 03-06-2008, 08:22 AM   #736
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 02:09 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Alisaura

Know the feeling.

But yeah, I'm not good with fashion advice. You saw what sort of thing I wear to work...
That was awesome. I was expecting you'd be wearing a suit or something, but no, Zooropa! That was made of SuperWin.

My fashion sense is probably even more hopeless - hence my question! I just have the neat casual stuff you've seen and that's it, because I find it comfortable. I look like a tool at the beach, a shade overdressed at uni, and hopefully not underdressed tomorrow!

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 03-06-2008, 08:22 AM   #737
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 12:39 AM
Quote:
Hi Sad Punk! Or do I call you Saddo?
"Saddo" is just what Axxo calls me, I'm happy being called my real name, which is Bonnie.

Old 03-06-2008, 08:23 AM   #738
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by Axver

and the Windows must've been programmed by Phail Collins.

sometimes, I think my life was designed by Phail Collins

no, not really .. I dunno
Old 03-06-2008, 08:23 AM   #739
Blue Crack Supplier

Phail Collins = Bill Gates.

I don't think I saved it, but I saw the BEST photo ever.... Bono and Bill Gates at some meeting/conference in Korea, I think; and Bono's giving a (RED) iPod to the South Korean PM/President/whatever (again, I think)... Bill Gates is sitting next to Bono with his arms crossed and the most hilarious look on his face. Like and and forced....

Old 03-06-2008, 08:26 AM   #740
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally posted by TranceEnding
hey Ax, try not to panic too much (easier said than done!) The black outfit sounds good though .. smart and professional You'll be fine!
Thanks. I'm trying not to panic! All through this evening, I've browsed their website to see what they're up to. A couple of years back, they did a big railway thing for 150 years of Victorian railways! So maybe I won't sound so stupid when I mention I'm right into transport history. I wonder if they'll want anything done on trams? That would make me so happy. Though I'll be content with ANYTHING. I'm getting to do history that will be original and outside the confines of boring undergrad regurgitation!

"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 03-06-2008, 08:26 AM   #741
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
That was awesome. I was expecting you'd be wearing a suit or something, but no, Zooropa! That was made of SuperWin.
We've got a very relaxed dress code at work, because most of the contracts are call centres... this is one of the very few advantages to working for that mob. I love wearing jeans and t-shirts every day

You'll be fine
Old 03-06-2008, 08:28 AM   #742
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by The Sad Punk
"Saddo" is just what Axxo calls me, I'm happy being called my real name, which is Bonnie.
Hi Bonnie

One of my parents' neighbours is called Bonnie... I think she's over 90 now!

Nice to meet you officially, anyway
<--- is Alison
Old 03-06-2008, 08:28 AM   #743
Vocal parasite

Quote:

I think shoes can change the whole genre of an outfit... sneakers make it casual, black shoes smart casual at the least...

Not that I'm suggesting sneakers + black pants. That's the pure domain of call centre guys and others who don't have to impress anyone from the ankles down...
I must admit, I'm the definition of the oblivious male who never notices shoes. But I have an excuse, my vision! I think people would be creeped out if I leaned down to have a good look at their shoes, to see how casual or formal an impression they wish their footwear to give!

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 03-06-2008, 08:29 AM   #744
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:

DEFINITELY not true!!

If nothing else... Lovetown.

Old 03-06-2008, 08:30 AM   #745
Refugee

Quote:

Thanks. I'm trying not to panic! All through this evening, I've browsed their website to see what they're up to. A couple of years back, they did a big railway thing for 150 years of Victorian railways! So maybe I won't sound so stupid when I mention I'm right into transport history. I wonder if they'll want anything done on trams? That would make me so happy. Though I'll be content with ANYTHING. I'm getting to do history that will be original and outside the confines of boring undergrad regurgitation!
*is excited for Ax*

Good for you
Old 03-06-2008, 08:31 AM   #746
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
I must admit, I'm the definition of the oblivious male who never notices shoes. But I have an excuse, my vision! I think people would be creeped out if I leaned down to have a good look at their shoes, to see how casual or formal an impression they wish their footwear to give!

And I should have pointed out that this shoe-related revelation of mine has been very recent, ie, in the last week or so.

<--- clueless
Old 03-06-2008, 08:31 AM   #747
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally posted by The Sad Punk

AXXO! I'm excited about this! Nobody has EVER given me an Australianised -o/-zza/-ie kind of nickname. All through high school, my friends wanted to come up with something, but André just didn't lend itself to anything like that, especially as we already had an Azza, my friend Aaron. Who hated being called Azza, so we used it even more.

I don't think I came up with Saddo though. I think I picked it up off blueeyedgirl.

And Bonnie's a great name.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 03-06-2008, 08:32 AM   #748
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
*also happy for you* I miss being excited about research... That will be so cool!
Old 03-06-2008, 08:33 AM   #749
Refugee

Quote:

DEFINITELY not true!!

If nothing else... Lovetown.

aahh, yes, true!!

I dunno, I guess I'm just going through one of my BLEH phases! I find it so hard to get motivated sometimes
Old 03-06-2008, 08:34 AM   #750
Vocal parasite

Quote:

No way! By the sounds of it, you've been to cool places and seen awesome things and like Ali says, LOVETOWN.

LOVETOWN.

Can we copy your memory of those gigs to my brain? Like how you can copy an MP3 from one computer to another? Because I could really go for that. Then I'll just track down people who saw the other 43 Lovetown gigs too.

Gig pictures | Blog

Tags
superthread