Torquay Superthread - Page 49 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 03-06-2008, 08:05 AM   #721
Refugee

Local Time: 10:01 PM
ooh, that shirt you wore was nice Ax!

I immediately thought of something formal, like a jacket and tie .. maybe that could be overdoing it though

I'm not sure

Old 03-06-2008, 08:05 AM   #722
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 08:31 PM
Man, sorry I haven't been posting too frequently but this computer is a complete and utter kunst. You type two words and the next thing you know there's a big glaring (Not Responding) on the top of the window. Bloody hopeless - I fear I'll be spending a big portion of the weekend cleaning it all up.

While the blooming thing is responding, however, I too will congratulate Ax on his top marks. Fantastic stuff!

Old 03-06-2008, 08:06 AM   #723
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally posted by TranceEnding
you're not Nigel No-friends

I can relate to this somewhat though .. even with some friends, it's hard to find people that are actually interested in the stuff that you like. I always found it a bit isolating being the only one with 'weird' music taste, for instance and it's very difficult to drag anyone along to gigs etc.

But, I'm kinda over that now ... I'm quite happy doin' my own thing. But I understand, it's good to have some company

We should all plan to do more stuff together
Going to gigs, now there's an adventure in solitude for me. I can't believe I'll actually know people at all three of the PT gigs. I'm getting used to going to concerts alone. I've already gotten used to nobody sharing my musical tastes. I've been nervous about sharing PT because of so many past experiences of my bands being shot down by all and sundry. It's been an unusual and quite pleasant experience having people like one of my bands!

When I want to go to museums, art galleries, and other attractions though, I find I really need someone with me. Partly it's my bad eyesight. It's one thing to go to a gig and stake out a spot to watch a bunch of people on a clearly defined stage. It's another to wander around a museum wondering where the hell anything is because I can barely see a bloody thing. Far, far too many museums have a habit of placing item descriptions in places that are too hard for me to read.

Certainly everybody from Melbourne on Interference seems really cool and I'd love to do more with you folks.

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 03-06-2008, 08:07 AM   #724
Blue Crack Supplier

Hi Sad Punk! Or do I call you Saddo?

The squid was just for that giant squid frozen in a big chunk of ice exhibit... although I think they kept it around for longer. It's just that cool.

As far as dress codes go, I am hopeless with that sort of thing. My theory is better to be overdressed than under... if you've got some nice black pants and shoes, I think you'll be okay.

Melbourne's answer to every fashion quandry - black!
Old 03-06-2008, 08:12 AM   #725
Refugee

I hate my computer too
Old 03-06-2008, 08:12 AM   #726
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by mysterious_jen
Australian navy should blow those bastards out of our fucking waters . we have the right and the obligation to protect our waters and the whales. same goes for illegal fishing. our diplomacy is such a pussy act.
I finally figured what this acronym meant the other day, so:

QFT.
Old 03-06-2008, 08:12 AM   #727
Vocal parasite

Quote:
ooh, that shirt you wore was nice Ax!

I immediately thought of something formal, like a jacket and tie .. maybe that could be overdoing it though

I'm not sure
Thanks!

I don't actually have a tie! Well, I have my old high school tie, but you're not getting me to wear that, heh. My more formal option is a black shirt with pinstripes - which means I'll have to dig out some of my non-pinstriped trousers, because all pinstripes I think would just look ridiculous!

I'm figuring that I won't have to be too formal at the Royal Historical Society. It's mostly a volunteer organisation, and I expect I'll be going there before uni for at least some of my work, so I'd be wearing uni clothes regularly. But ... yeah, this is a big thing for me, so I'm having a quiet panic about all the small details.

"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 03-06-2008, 08:14 AM   #728
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by Axver
I'm figuring that I won't have to be too formal at the Royal Historical Society. It's mostly a volunteer organisation, and I expect I'll be going there before uni for at least some of my work, so I'd be wearing uni clothes regularly. But ... yeah, this is a big thing for me, so I'm having a quiet panic about all the small details.
Know the feeling.

But yeah, I'm not good with fashion advice. You saw what sort of thing I wear to work...
Old 03-06-2008, 08:15 AM   #729
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally posted by Alisaura
The squid was just for that giant squid frozen in a big chunk of ice exhibit... although I think they kept it around for longer. It's just that cool.

As far as dress codes go, I am hopeless with that sort of thing. My theory is better to be overdressed than under... if you've got some nice black pants and shoes, I think you'll be okay.

Melbourne's answer to every fashion quandry - black!
The squid's that cool that they should've kept it forever! I wish I'd seen it.

I'm glad you mentioned nice black shoes! I got a nice new pair a couple of months ago but would have otherwise forgotten all about them. I'm a one pair of shoes kind of guy and I forget I actually now have two alternative pairs.

Black's my answer to everything too, but I'm a Kiwi; that's what we're meant to wear.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 03-06-2008, 08:15 AM   #730
Refugee

is torpedo-ing whaling boats illegal??

I made the unfortunate mistake of watching some horrible footage on the late night news recently (can't even bear to think about it now) and just cried myself to sleep.

Wicked people
Old 03-06-2008, 08:16 AM   #731
Blue Crack Supplier

Also... were people sharing autographs before?

Old 03-06-2008, 08:19 AM   #732
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally posted by The Sad Punk
Man, sorry I haven't been posting too frequently but this computer is a complete and utter kunst. You type two words and the next thing you know there's a big glaring (Not Responding) on the top of the window. Bloody hopeless - I fear I'll be spending a big portion of the weekend cleaning it all up.

While the blooming thing is responding, however, I too will congratulate Ax on his top marks. Fantastic stuff!
"Complete and utter kunst" =

I know what you mean though. I have a Windows and a Mac, and the Windows must've been programmed by Phail Collins. Lately it'll just slow to a painful crawl and I'll have to fight it and close a few windows before it wakes up and works decently. It's not like I'm running anything system-intensive either, but it seems getting rid of a few tabs in Firefox gives it a new lease on life for at least a few hours. While I wait for it to figure out what the fuck to do, I switch to the Mac. I prefer the Mac for some tasks and swap between both computers at will, but I prefer the Windows for web browsing. Right now, I'm posting via the Windows while listening to music on the Mac.

And thank you!

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 03-06-2008, 08:19 AM   #733
Refugee

hey Ax, try not to panic too much (easier said than done!) The black outfit sounds good though .. smart and professional You'll be fine!
Old 03-06-2008, 08:19 AM   #734
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by Axver
Black's my answer to everything too, but I'm a Kiwi; that's what we're meant to wear.

I think shoes can change the whole genre of an outfit... sneakers make it casual, black shoes smart casual at the least...

Not that I'm suggesting sneakers + black pants. That's the pure domain of call centre guys and others who don't have to impress anyone from the ankles down...
Old 03-06-2008, 08:21 AM   #735
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
is torpedo-ing whaling boats illegal??

I made the unfortunate mistake of watching some horrible footage on the late night news recently (can't even bear to think about it now) and just cried myself to sleep.

Wicked people

Tags
superthread