Torquay Superthread - Page 35 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 03-06-2008, 02:25 AM   #511
Blue Crack Addict
 
mysterious_jen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: U2 360 2010 DOWNUNDER
Posts: 15,556
Local Time: 01:08 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Axver


Your mention of picky eaters has inspired a tangent here from me:

I was a picky eater as a child. In fact, I'm still a picky eater to a degree now. But my mother encouraged me to be excited about food, to enjoy trying new things and different tastes and whatnot. So although I'm picky, I'll try just about anything once. However, one of my former friends was a horrendously picky eater whose mother catered to her every whim as a child. She was the kind of person who, at the age of 18, still ate the same meals on the same nights of the week as she had eaten when she was six (and was so unobservant that she was still surprised by what came each day and couldn't tell me what, for instance, was served on a Tuesday, just that it had been the same all her life). I had to have an argument with her to get her to try honey (honey!!). She had never prepared her own food at age 19, and although she would eat salami, she refused to touch it for months, until one day when I just refused to make her lunch unless she helped me for a change.

It remains one of the most pathetic things I've ever seen. Thank fuck I don't have to cook for her any more. It's one thing to be a picky eater, but I just couldn't believe someone ended up like that. Seriously, WTF?

/rant

unless this person had autism there is no excuse and the parents should be shot.
__________________

__________________
mysterious_jen is offline  
Old 03-06-2008, 02:27 AM   #512
Blue Crack Addict
 
Gluey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Cattle Class
Posts: 15,477
Local Time: 04:38 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Axver


Your mention of picky eaters has inspired a tangent here from me:

I was a picky eater as a child. In fact, I'm still a picky eater to a degree now. But my mother encouraged me to be excited about food, to enjoy trying new things and different tastes and whatnot. So although I'm picky, I'll try just about anything once. However, one of my former friends was a horrendously picky eater whose mother catered to her every whim as a child. She was the kind of person who, at the age of 18, still ate the same meals on the same nights of the week as she had eaten when she was six (and was so unobservant that she was still surprised by what came each day and couldn't tell me what, for instance, was served on a Tuesday, just that it had been the same all her life). I had to have an argument with her to get her to try honey (honey!!). She had never prepared her own food at age 19, and although she would eat salami, she refused to touch it for months, until one day when I just refused to make her lunch unless she helped me for a change.

It remains one of the most pathetic things I've ever seen. Thank fuck I don't have to cook for her any more. It's one thing to be a picky eater, but I just couldn't believe someone ended up like that. Seriously, WTF?

/rant
We have a rule in our house. One dinner is cooked for everyone, you try it, and if you don't eat it, then it's tough shit! You should see some of the theatrics I've tried to get the kids to eat their food. My 6yr old eats ANYTHING. Her favourite food is Avocado on toast, with lashings of pepper for now....I hate seeing people cater to every little picky whim. It doesn't help anything.
__________________

__________________
Gluey is offline  
Old 03-06-2008, 02:28 AM   #513
Vocal parasite
 
Axver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: 1853
Posts: 151,010
Local Time: 02:38 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by mysterious_jen
unless this person had autism there is no excuse and the parents should be shot.
No autism, just an inept spoilt child who never grew up.
__________________
"Mediocrity is never so dangerous as when it is dressed up as sincerity." - Søren Kierkegaard

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Axver is offline  
Old 03-06-2008, 02:32 AM   #514
Blue Crack Addict
 
mysterious_jen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: U2 360 2010 DOWNUNDER
Posts: 15,556
Local Time: 01:08 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Axver


No autism, just an inept spoilt child who never grew up.

my pet hate.
__________________
mysterious_jen is offline  
Old 03-06-2008, 02:32 AM   #515
Vocal parasite
 
Axver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: 1853
Posts: 151,010
Local Time: 02:38 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by gluey


We have a rule in our house. One dinner is cooked for everyone, you try it, and if you don't eat it, then it's tough shit! You should see some of the theatrics I've tried to get the kids to eat their food. My 6yr old eats ANYTHING. Her favourite food is Avocado on toast, with lashings of pepper for now....I hate seeing people cater to every little picky whim. It doesn't help anything.
Avocado on toast? I don't think that's something I'll try even once! It's really weird - I hate avocado in almost all contexts, but I love guacamole. Make sense of that.
__________________
"Mediocrity is never so dangerous as when it is dressed up as sincerity." - Søren Kierkegaard

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Axver is offline  
Old 03-06-2008, 02:33 AM   #516
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Canadiens1131's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 10,363
Local Time: 11:38 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by mysterious_jen
FYI dinner is chicken sausages with curry rice and vegies, its fairly tolerable, with lashings of alcohol.
Alcohol always makes a meal-gone-wrong (sometimes I am an unattentive cook) so much better
__________________
Canadiens1131 is offline  
Old 03-06-2008, 02:33 AM   #517
Blue Crack Supplier
 
coolian2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Hamilton (No longer STD capital of NZ)
Posts: 42,920
Local Time: 04:38 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Axver


Your mention of picky eaters has inspired a tangent here from me:

I was a picky eater as a child. In fact, I'm still a picky eater to a degree now. But my mother encouraged me to be excited about food, to enjoy trying new things and different tastes and whatnot. So although I'm picky, I'll try just about anything once. However, one of my former friends was a horrendously picky eater whose mother catered to her every whim as a child. She was the kind of person who, at the age of 18, still ate the same meals on the same nights of the week as she had eaten when she was six (and was so unobservant that she was still surprised by what came each day and couldn't tell me what, for instance, was served on a Tuesday, just that it had been the same all her life). I had to have an argument with her to get her to try honey (honey!!). She had never prepared her own food at age 19, and although she would eat salami, she refused to touch it for months, until one day when I just refused to make her lunch unless she helped me for a change.

It remains one of the most pathetic things I've ever seen. Thank fuck I don't have to cook for her any more. It's one thing to be a picky eater, but I just couldn't believe someone ended up like that. Seriously, WTF?

/rant
How wonderfully pathetic.

I'm a bit picky, but i don't crack the shits about it. If i'm hungry enough i'll eat it.
__________________
coolian2 is offline  
Old 03-06-2008, 02:36 AM   #518
Blue Crack Addict
 
Gluey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Cattle Class
Posts: 15,477
Local Time: 04:38 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Axver


Avocado on toast? I don't think that's something I'll try even once! It's really weird - I hate avocado in almost all contexts, but I love guacamole. Make sense of that.
I totally get that! I hate raw tomatoes with a passion....yet I love everything made from tomatoes!!
__________________
Gluey is offline  
Old 03-06-2008, 02:38 AM   #519
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Canadiens1131's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 10,363
Local Time: 11:38 AM
Avacado on toast sounds a bit naff. Beans on toast, on the other hand...
__________________
Canadiens1131 is offline  
Old 03-06-2008, 02:41 AM   #520
Blue Crack Supplier
 
coolian2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Hamilton (No longer STD capital of NZ)
Posts: 42,920
Local Time: 04:38 AM
Toast is awesome, you can eat anything with it
__________________
coolian2 is offline  
Old 03-06-2008, 02:42 AM   #521
Blue Crack Addict
 
Gluey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Cattle Class
Posts: 15,477
Local Time: 04:38 AM
wasn't there a thread somewhere dedicated to toast?
__________________
Gluey is offline  
Old 03-06-2008, 02:43 AM   #522
Blue Crack Addict
 
mysterious_jen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: U2 360 2010 DOWNUNDER
Posts: 15,556
Local Time: 01:08 AM
toast FTMFW



beans on toast also good !



passes a drink to canadiens ( what is your name)
__________________
mysterious_jen is offline  
Old 03-06-2008, 02:45 AM   #523
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Canadiens1131's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 10,363
Local Time: 11:38 AM
Mike.
__________________
Canadiens1131 is offline  
Old 03-06-2008, 02:45 AM   #524
Blue Crack Addict
 
mysterious_jen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: U2 360 2010 DOWNUNDER
Posts: 15,556
Local Time: 01:08 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by gluey
wasn't there a thread somewhere dedicated to toast?





everyone that is awesome agrees on toast as gods own wonderfucking food.
__________________
mysterious_jen is offline  
Old 03-06-2008, 02:46 AM   #525
Blue Crack Addict
 
mysterious_jen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: U2 360 2010 DOWNUNDER
Posts: 15,556
Local Time: 01:08 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Canadiens1160
Mike.
well hai Mike ,
__________________

__________________
mysterious_jen is offline  
 

Tags
superthread

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:38 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com