Torquay Superthread - Page 35 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 03-06-2008, 02:25 AM   #511
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 01:08 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Axver

Your mention of picky eaters has inspired a tangent here from me:

I was a picky eater as a child. In fact, I'm still a picky eater to a degree now. But my mother encouraged me to be excited about food, to enjoy trying new things and different tastes and whatnot. So although I'm picky, I'll try just about anything once. However, one of my former friends was a horrendously picky eater whose mother catered to her every whim as a child. She was the kind of person who, at the age of 18, still ate the same meals on the same nights of the week as she had eaten when she was six (and was so unobservant that she was still surprised by what came each day and couldn't tell me what, for instance, was served on a Tuesday, just that it had been the same all her life). I had to have an argument with her to get her to try honey (honey!!). She had never prepared her own food at age 19, and although she would eat salami, she refused to touch it for months, until one day when I just refused to make her lunch unless she helped me for a change.

It remains one of the most pathetic things I've ever seen. Thank fuck I don't have to cook for her any more. It's one thing to be a picky eater, but I just couldn't believe someone ended up like that. Seriously, WTF?

/rant

unless this person had autism there is no excuse and the parents should be shot.

Old 03-06-2008, 02:27 AM   #512
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 04:38 AM
Quote:

I was a picky eater as a child. In fact, I'm still a picky eater to a degree now. But my mother encouraged me to be excited about food, to enjoy trying new things and different tastes and whatnot. So although I'm picky, I'll try just about anything once. However, one of my former friends was a horrendously picky eater whose mother catered to her every whim as a child. She was the kind of person who, at the age of 18, still ate the same meals on the same nights of the week as she had eaten when she was six (and was so unobservant that she was still surprised by what came each day and couldn't tell me what, for instance, was served on a Tuesday, just that it had been the same all her life). I had to have an argument with her to get her to try honey (honey!!). She had never prepared her own food at age 19, and although she would eat salami, she refused to touch it for months, until one day when I just refused to make her lunch unless she helped me for a change.

It remains one of the most pathetic things I've ever seen. Thank fuck I don't have to cook for her any more. It's one thing to be a picky eater, but I just couldn't believe someone ended up like that. Seriously, WTF?

/rant
We have a rule in our house. One dinner is cooked for everyone, you try it, and if you don't eat it, then it's tough shit! You should see some of the theatrics I've tried to get the kids to eat their food. My 6yr old eats ANYTHING. Her favourite food is Avocado on toast, with lashings of pepper for now....I hate seeing people cater to every little picky whim. It doesn't help anything.

Old 03-06-2008, 02:28 AM   #513
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 02:38 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by mysterious_jen
unless this person had autism there is no excuse and the parents should be shot.
No autism, just an inept spoilt child who never grew up.

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 03-06-2008, 02:32 AM   #514
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:

No autism, just an inept spoilt child who never grew up.

my pet hate.
Old 03-06-2008, 02:32 AM   #515
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 02:38 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by gluey

We have a rule in our house. One dinner is cooked for everyone, you try it, and if you don't eat it, then it's tough shit! You should see some of the theatrics I've tried to get the kids to eat their food. My 6yr old eats ANYTHING. Her favourite food is Avocado on toast, with lashings of pepper for now....I hate seeing people cater to every little picky whim. It doesn't help anything.
Avocado on toast? I don't think that's something I'll try even once! It's really weird - I hate avocado in almost all contexts, but I love guacamole. Make sense of that.

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 03-06-2008, 02:33 AM   #516
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 11:38 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by mysterious_jen
FYI dinner is chicken sausages with curry rice and vegies, its fairly tolerable, with lashings of alcohol.
Alcohol always makes a meal-gone-wrong (sometimes I am an unattentive cook) so much better
Old 03-06-2008, 02:33 AM   #517
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:

/rant
How wonderfully pathetic.

I'm a bit picky, but i don't crack the shits about it. If i'm hungry enough i'll eat it.
Old 03-06-2008, 02:36 AM   #518
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:

Avocado on toast? I don't think that's something I'll try even once! It's really weird - I hate avocado in almost all contexts, but I love guacamole. Make sense of that.
I totally get that! I hate raw tomatoes with a passion....yet I love everything made from tomatoes!!
Old 03-06-2008, 02:38 AM   #519
ONE
love, blood, life

Avacado on toast sounds a bit naff. Beans on toast, on the other hand...
Old 03-06-2008, 02:41 AM   #520
Blue Crack Supplier

Toast is awesome, you can eat anything with it
Old 03-06-2008, 02:42 AM   #521
Blue Crack Addict

wasn't there a thread somewhere dedicated to toast?
Old 03-06-2008, 02:43 AM   #522
Blue Crack Addict

toast FTMFW

beans on toast also good !

passes a drink to canadiens ( what is your name)
Old 03-06-2008, 02:45 AM   #523
ONE
love, blood, life

Mike.
Old 03-06-2008, 02:45 AM   #524
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by gluey
wasn't there a thread somewhere dedicated to toast?

everyone that is awesome agrees on toast as gods own wonderfucking food.
Old 03-06-2008, 02:46 AM   #525
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Canadiens1160
Mike.
well hai Mike ,

Tags
superthread