Torquay Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Screwtape2 said:

If a guy came up to you in class (an attractive guy) and said "I couldn't help notice you from afar my name is..." How would you react?

don't tell her you noticed her. ask her if she caught something you missed in the lecture, or if she caught the reading assignment, or something else as an excuse. then introduce yourself and see how she reacts. if it goes well, ask her if she wants to get coffee.

Varitek said:

don't tell her you noticed her. ask her if she caught something you missed in the lecture, or if she caught the reading assignment, or something else as an excuse. then introduce yourself and see how she reacts. if it goes well, ask her if she wants to get coffee.

Can I mention when leaving that I think she is really pretty?

Screwtape2 said:

Can I mention when leaving that I think she is really pretty?

no that is creepy and too forward. at the beginning, flirting is not about direct comments, just showing interest via normal conversation. don't tell her she looks pretty until you've already had coffee,and asked her on a second date, and you're picking her up or meeting her for that. then you can tell her she looks really nice.

Screwtape2 said:

If a guy came up to you in class (an attractive guy) and said "I couldn't help notice you from afar my name is..." How would you react?

i...would be kinda weirded out. especially with how often stalking happens in college. i'd leave that out. i agree with varitek.

Varitek said:

no that is creepy and too forward. at the beginning, flirting is not about direct comments, just showing interest via normal conversation. don't tell her she looks pretty until you've already had coffee,and asked her on a second date, and you're picking her up or meeting her for that. then you can tell her she looks really nice.

I know nothing of dating. :lol:

Yeah, you have to establish a kind of friendly student rapport before you can even think about slipping in a proposal to go grab coffee and "talk about class".

Screwtape2 said:
I have a few more questions. Do you guys think it is possible to be attracted to a person through their writing or art? How would you feel if someone was writing about you?

It would have to be after you'd been dating for a while, otherwise it would be creepy.

Screwtape2 said:

What if it is a way to show them how you feel? Don't they deserve to know that?
This is not high school, nor it is Anne of Green Gables.

Don't do it, man. :nono:

unico said:

don't you think it is a bit overwhelming to just go right up to someone you hardly know with poems you've written about them?

I think you should be honored by. As a woman being the admiration of a poet is quite a compliment at least I think it is. I would tell them how I feel first. They would eventually deserve to see how much someone cares about them. No one should wonder if they are loved. I say this all in hypotheticals of course.

Screwtape2 said:

I think you should be honored by. As a woman being the admiration of a poet is quite a compliment at least I think it is. I would tell them how I feel first. They would eventually deserve to see how much someone cares about them. No one should wonder if they are loved. I say this all in hypotheticals of course.

Well I can tell you if someone did that to me I would not feel loved I'd feel stalked. How can you love somebody without even knowing them? To me that seems more fantasy than love.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom