Torquay Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
TranceEnding said:

Yes :D indeed it is! I absolutely adore his work ... one of the best things that has happened to me was seeing some of his paintings in person, in Vienna (when I went travelling in Europe).

Amazing :drool:

I thought it looked like one of his, but I'm not enormously familiar with a lot of his work. Though I did a brief study on The Kiss recently.

Hopefully this year or next I'll finally visit Europe, where I can travel through museums and galleries and battle sites and drink Belgian beer... at least, that's my idealized view of the holiday. :drool:

Greece and Turkey are my number one places to visit, though.

I just want to travel outside of Brunswick West/Parkville more often. :happy:

The Sad Punk said:

I thought it looked like one of his, but I'm not enormously familiar with a lot of his work. Though I did a brief study on The Kiss recently.

Hopefully this year or next I'll finally visit Europe, where I can travel through museums and galleries and battle sites and drink Belgian beer... at least, that's my idealized view of the holiday. :drool:

Greece and Turkey are my number one places to visit, though.

That sounds like a fantastic plan! Good for you :D .. you'll have a brilliant time :hyper:

And the Belgian beer is pretty tasty .. and knocks yer socks off :drunk: not that I would know anything about that .. :uhoh:

I've been to Greece too (on a seperate trip .. ages ago, with my mum .. my grandad was from Greece). I absolutely LOVED it. It is so beautiful, so much history. Greece has the bluest skies I've ever seen! Amazing place :drool:

That sounds like a fantastic plan! Good for you .. you'll have a brilliant time

And the Belgian beer is pretty tasty .. and knocks yer socks off not that I would know anything about that ..

I've been to Greece too (on a seperate trip .. ages ago, with my mum .. my grandad was from Greece). I absolutely LOVED it. It is so beautiful, so much history. Greece has the bluest skies I've ever seen! Amazing place

Yeah, my sister went on one of those Contiki tours about a year ago (she hasn't returned, found a boyfriend in England!). She said Greece was the best part of the tour (stayed at Mykonos and Athens, traveled past Thermopylai and Meteora too, I think). I know Thermopylai is just like a road next to a hill but I'd probably die if I went there and saw the statues of Leonidas and the Thespian Eros. :hyper:

I love Belgian beer. I imagine it's probably even better there than it is here too... :drool:

TranceEnding said:

:lol:

I'd better get started on that list then, hadn't I!

:lol:

Part of the problem is I don't know many people in Melbourne and going by myself and playing Nigel No-friends gets lame after a while.

The Sad Punk said:

I love Belgian beer. I imagine it's probably even better there than it is here too... :drool:

it's good :drunk: :wink:

You'll love Greece :D I loved going to Delphi .. and yes, Mykonos is beautiful (and Santorini too :drool: )

I'd love to go again *sigh*

mysterious_jen said:
i loved ths spiders and the gemstones at the museum , and dinosaurs FTW !
Not the spiders so much but for the rest... :up:

I swear, I can't stay till 1am again. I need to pack for the weekend (going to parents' place), and I'm a bit sleep deprived after last night :crack:

Hey Ali! :wave:

I walked out of the railway bookshop some $17 poorer ...

Someone mentioned the Aquarium (I walk past it every day)...

P1180002sml.jpg

The inflatable squid is no longer there, sadly. But I had to take a picture :lol:

Alisaura said:
Bwahaha. Must remember to get my commission from the owner... :shifty:

:wink:

And I totally forgot the mint slices. :banghead:

:lol: I expect to burn a lot of money there in future. It would be even worse if they had a stack of Kiwi books. Fortunately, it's mostly Australian, American, and European. Except there's this small problem that I'm really into Aussie trains as well ...

And I just discovered there's a tram museum in Hawthorn! Oh dear. Attack of Nerd Axver?

I only thought of the mint slices this evening, when I ripped into a pack of mandarin slices ...

Alisaura said:
Also, congrats on the award and placement thingy, Ax! :yippie:

Thanks! :)

But a question for you and Melissa, as I've just randomly hit on a small, inconsequential item of panic. I just realised I need to figure out how formally I should dress for my meeting tomorrow. I've no clue and I want to create a good impression as it's the first time I'll meet the people at the Royal Historical Society. If you remember that white long-sleeve shirt I wore to the February meet-up, do you think that would be good enough?

Probably nothing to worry about, but ...

Axver said:

Part of the problem is I don't know many people in Melbourne and going by myself and playing Nigel No-friends gets lame after a while.

:sad: you're not Nigel No-friends :no:

I can relate to this somewhat though .. even with some friends, it's hard to find people that are actually interested in the stuff that you like. I always found it a bit isolating being the only one with 'weird' music taste, for instance and it's very difficult to drag anyone along to gigs etc.

But, I'm kinda over that now ... I'm quite happy doin' my own thing. But I understand, it's good to have some company :)

We should all plan to do more stuff together :up:

Alisaura said:
The inflatable squid is no longer there, sadly. But I had to take a picture :lol:

But it looks cool! They should've kept it. :tsk:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom