Torquay Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm reading an Aussie railway magazine at the moment, and there's apparently a Bumberry, NSW. Shall our threads go there at some point? :laugh:

mysterious_jen said:

leaving from the haunted bookshop with drew sinton ?

:drool:

yeah! Have you been on it??? There's one particular building on that tour (towards the end) that completely freaked me out as soon as I saw it. I refused to go inside :no:

A friend and I thought about doing that ghost walk tour. No idea why we didn't now ... it looked really interesting to me.

TranceEnding said:

yeah! Have you been on it??? There's one particular building on that tour (towards the end) that completely freaked me out as soon as I saw it. I refused to go inside :no:

i luuuurved it and i :love: drew. damm i could get under his trench coat anytime :wink:

i found one of the lanes more creepy , for reasons i wont talk about here, i have some affinity with the paranormal put it that way.

The Sad Punk said:
Is the Aquarium still there? I remember it being pretty good.

I mean, at least you guys have an aquarium.

And probably water.

I've never been to the Aquarium before :hmm: .. but yes, it's still there!

The Sad Punk said:
Is the Aquarium still there? I remember it being pretty good.

I mean, at least you guys have an aquarium.

And probably water.

Last I heard, the aquarium's really fucking expensive.

Judging by the appearance of Royal Park, I think the last time we had any water here was during Antiquity.

mysterious_jen said:

i luuuurved it and i :love: drew. damm i could get under his trench coat anytime :wink:

i found one of the lanes more creepy , for reasons i wont talk about here, i have some affinity with the paranormal put it that way.

i'm thinking what you are thinking .. I think

no, but it's true, I am slowly coming to realise what an energy sponge I am

TranceEnding said:

I've never been to the Aquarium before :hmm: .. but yes, it's still there!

aquarium FTMFW

the oceanarium where the stingrays and sharks swim over you :drool: and seeing the stingrays in the shallow pools is awesome .

and the museum friking kicks arse too

for all the moaning i do about my job, going to those places for free rocks !

cinnaminson said:
Bumberry :giggle:
is that another word for fart . . . . . .

Could be worse, could be the Brisbane suburb of Geebung.

a couple of friends and I were wearing Pentagrams and I just found that Drew was like staring quite a bit at us .. it was a little unerving at times :huh:

mysterious_jen said:

i think you would enjoy the historical aspects alot ax

Yeah, when I was looking into going, that's what really attracted me.

I'll have to do it sometime. It sounds worth it.

TranceEnding said:

i'm thinking what you are thinking .. I think

no, but it's true, I am slowly coming to realise what an energy sponge I am

:yes: i was a very open channel but have shut down as much as i can, for self preservation :yikes:

but it still gets to me . urgh

TranceEnding said:
a couple of friends and I were wearing Pentagrams and I just found that Drew was like staring quite a bit at us .. it was a little unerving at times :huh:

depends what kind of pentagrams and why you were wearing them ...

mysterious_jen said:

I think it is hilariously appropriate that your post that I'm quoting is this thread's 666th reply.

TranceEnding said:

yes, that's what I was thinking too! It's really, really fascinating and I love architecture too :drool:

My first serious career ambition, i.e. after I realised I couldn't see well enough and had to give up my childhood dream of driving trains, was to be an architect. Fairly removed from being a historian!

mysterious_jen said:

i love what they represent (well, my interperation anyway :wink: all the elements, the spirit/ether, the universe, the feminine aspect ..... and I love stars also).

this is another thread altogether
:wink:

Axver said:

My first serious career ambition, i.e. after I realised I couldn't see well enough and had to give up my childhood dream of driving trains, was to be an architect. Fairly removed from being a historian!

well, you could study the history of architecture! That would be pretty interesting :D

Architecture history is pretty awesome. Especially in the Middle East, IMO.

What good stuff is there in the Melbourne museum, Jen? Our museum is pretty lame, but the art gallery is getting pretty good. We even have a Renaissance and Dutch Masters section now, which I only would have been able to dream of just a few years ago.

TranceEnding said:

well, you could study the history of architecture! That would be pretty interesting :D

I have seen some stuff done on that. I rather enjoy my socio-political and transport stuff myself.

Even if nobody else gives a rats about the transport history.

mysterious_jen said:

:yes: i was a very open channel but have shut down as much as i can, for self preservation :yikes:

but it still gets to me . urgh

oh please do email me some tips sometime, I have a terrible time with it now and again :(

I went to the Melbourne Museum last year and it was alright. I don't recall too many specifics now. I have a hard time imagining any museum that could top the Museum of New Zealand in Wellington though. That thing is INCREDIBLE, you have no idea until you've been to it. I'll go to any museum you can point me towards, and that is far and away my favourite.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom