Torquay Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just had the most lazy arsed dinner tonight. BBQ snags, wrapped in bread, with oven fries. Kids are in heaven!! :lol:

gluey said:

It would be interesting to have it broken down to years or months etc....that would paint a different picture

Yeah, that'd be interesting. My stats for February just gone would be nuts. :lol:

gluey said:
I just had the most lazy arsed dinner tonight. BBQ snags, wrapped in bread, with oven fries. Kids are in heaven!! :lol:

Last couple of nights, I've done fairly similar - herb and garlic sausages with onions in bread. Better think about what I'm doing for tonight ... I'm out of spaghetti sauce, damnit.

gluey said:

Ooh what did you have?

don't rub it in

lol

the kicker is i split a meatloaf and a jerk porkchop iwht a friend, and i was always planning to bring home half, so rather than bring home half of each, i decided i'd just save the pork chop for later. so i never even tried it. friend said it was really good. at least i ate some of the sweet potato fries that came with it.

Varitek said:

don't rub it in

lol

the kicker is i split a meatloaf and a jerk porkchop iwht a friend, and i was always planning to bring home half, so rather than bring home half of each, i decided i'd just save the pork chop for later. so i never even tried it. friend said it was really good. at least i ate some of the sweet potato fries that came with it.

Awww :hug: That's a bummer

gluey said:

WIN ! go lazy mum
ergh just got home, have yet to make tea, but i will be around

sausages here also in some form

I hate those "I just don't feel like cooking" moods, and I'm in one now.

Axver said:

Yep, it sucks alright. Try having a hubby and 3 kids to cater for when you're in those moods....:yuck:

Yay for snags!

gluey said:
Yep, it sucks alright. Try having a hubby and 3 kids to cater for when you're in those moods....:yuck:

Yay for snags!

I almost wish I had someone to cook for, just because that'd get me off my arse. All I intend to make is a pizza, but ... I just don't feel like preparing food. Better not let myself starve, I guess.

Axver said:

I almost wish I had someone to cook for, just because that'd get me off my arse. All I intend to make is a pizza, but ... I just don't feel like preparing food. Better not let myself starve, I guess.

I hate cooking with such a passion, I think I would literally starve myself if I was single!!! :lol:

I like cooking for other people, making something they'll enjoy. When it's just for myself, it's sustenance and I have a hard time bringing myself to care.

Axver said:
I like cooking for other people, making something they'll enjoy. When it's just for myself, it's sustenance and I have a hard time bringing myself to care.

I like doing 'special' dinners etc. I just get bored of the mundane everyday stuff. I find it hard to stay inspired, and 2 of my kids are horrendously picky eaters which makes it even harder!

Axver said:

i am constantly in that mood atm which sux, im having sever budget restraint in terms of food, so it is down to rice, snags, spag bol etc, which i hate making, but it has to be done, i actually am a really good cook, but tiredness and lack of inspiration sucks it out of me

mysterious_jen said:

i am constantly in that mood atm which sux, im having sever budget restraint in terms of food, so it is down to rice, snags, spag bol etc, which i hate making, but it has to be done, i actually am a really good cook, but tiredness and lack of inspiration sucks it out of me

Yeah, I know what you mean. I can cook well, but because I've always been on a limited budget, I haven't really branched out much. I want to, but I can't.

Ugh, I'm going to have to get up and start preparing dinner now if I intend to eat it during the news. I'd order in if that didn't, you know, cost money.

take away is a forgotten joy in this house. the closest i get is the odd bbq chook and coleslaw from the supermarket, even that is like $15.00 or something , which is a huge cost, even if it lasts a couple days.

One of our mates is a homekill butcher...we're really lucky that we get a shit load of beautiful meat for a 1/2 the price we'd pay retail. Even so, I still can't get excited.

I'm in a cooking rut. My cake has sunk. My meats off. My veges wilted. :(

gluey said:

I like doing 'special' dinners etc. I just get bored of the mundane everyday stuff. I find it hard to stay inspired, and 2 of my kids are horrendously picky eaters which makes it even harder!

Your mention of picky eaters has inspired a tangent here from me:

I was a picky eater as a child. In fact, I'm still a picky eater to a degree now. But my mother encouraged me to be excited about food, to enjoy trying new things and different tastes and whatnot. So although I'm picky, I'll try just about anything once. However, one of my former friends was a horrendously picky eater whose mother catered to her every whim as a child. She was the kind of person who, at the age of 18, still ate the same meals on the same nights of the week as she had eaten when she was six (and was so unobservant that she was still surprised by what came each day and couldn't tell me what, for instance, was served on a Tuesday, just that it had been the same all her life). I had to have an argument with her to get her to try honey (honey!!). She had never prepared her own food at age 19, and although she would eat salami, she refused to touch it for months, until one day when I just refused to make her lunch unless she helped me for a change.

It remains one of the most pathetic things I've ever seen. Thank fuck I don't have to cook for her any more. It's one thing to be a picky eater, but I just couldn't believe someone ended up like that. Seriously, WTF?

/rant

mysterious_jen said:
take away is a forgotten joy in this house. the closest i get is the odd bbq chook and coleslaw from the supermarket, even that is like $15.00 or something , which is a huge cost, even if it lasts a couple days.

I can get two pizzas delivered for like $20 and that would do dinner and about five breakfasts/lunches, but ... $20? Piss off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom