Torquay Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
phillyfan26 said:

Spanish and business. I'm considering dropping Spanish senior year and taking public speaking.

Public speaking is made of SuperWin, so that'd likely be a smart move.

Axver said:

Public speaking is made of SuperWin, so that'd likely be a smart move.

Really? It's made of Win mixed with Abracadabra, Motherfucker, eh?

Screwtape2 said:
Yes, to overshare
Is the Interference way.
Penis, that is all.

NSW would tell you the syllable count is wrong. The last line, however, makes up for any fault.

No spoken words said:

:)

I've been writing them since I was a little kid, they never get old for me.

I think they're fun, from time to time. Never knew there was a specific pattern to them til this morning, though.

phillyfan26 said:
That's kind of what makes them haikus, Andrew.

Eh.... I didn't really know anything about them but that they're 3 lines. Ass. :wave:

I never understood how there was any poetry to The Iliad. Was it poetry in its original form, before the translations? That never really got answered.

phillyfan26 said:
I never understood how there was any poetry to The Iliad. Was it poetry in its original form, before the translations? That never really got answered.

I've never read it. So I couldn't tell you. :shrug:

And now that I've come within striking distance of the AX, I must tend to girlfriend and dinner. See you all ... in a little while. :giggle:

Hey Ax, really sorry to disappoint but I won't be in uni today.

Woke up this morning with a terrible isolated pain in my stomach that's preventing me from walking. Thrown up a couple of times too, but that was mostly just to see if the pain would stop (it hasn't).

Funny thing is, I've had a couple operations on my stomach when I was younger and I still have all kinds of stomah trouble, so I'm used to this sorta thing now.

But yeah, I won't be able to come in to uni. :(

major_panic said:

Woke up this morning with a terrible isolated pain in my stomach that's preventing me from walking. Thrown up a couple of times too, but that was mostly just to see if the pain would stop (it hasn't).

Funny thing is, I've had a couple operations on my stomach when I was younger and I still have all kinds of stomah trouble, so I'm used to this sorta thing now.

I hope you start to feel better. :hug:

Dalton said:
Could be appendicitis. You should get that checked out.

Hey Dalt,

I doubt it's appendicitis to be honest, because I've had similar pains several times before. However, if this continues for another couple of hours I will.

Thanks for your concern!

major_panic said:

That sounds pretty crappy! I hope you get some rest and get well. Get yourself to a doctor or something! You can borrow my notes later if you miss anything important - but of course, it's the first lecture, so you probably won't.

I suppose it doesn't matter now, but I was wondering if you'd seen the venue change! I thought it was in the Architecture building, that's what the timetable had said, but I refreshed it just a few minutes ago and I note we're now in Economics & Commerce. More convenient for me, actually.

No spoken words said:
Ax, that's the American educational system for you.

Reminds me of when Aidan O'Leary called Gabe out for something stupid and blamed the American education system, despite him being Canadian.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom