Tori's To Venus And Back is truly gorgeous!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Wow, bono_man2002, it's only been 2 months since you started listening to her??? You've heard a lot of albums then in that short period! :ohmy: Good ranking btw! :up:

What Can I say, It was love at first listen! Mind you, I only officially own Little Earthquakes, I do have her complete discography on Mp3. I'll get around to officially owning the others eventually.

I'm not exactly sure how I came to get into Tori. I was searching some of the Top Albums of the 90's on Rateyourmuisc.com or whatever it is. And came a across Sarah McLachlan, and similar artists, I think there were Tori Amos and Fiona Apple. So I got one album From Sarah and one from Tori. I put Tori on first and the rest was history :rockon:

:wave:

Hi Joyful! Long time, no see!

Gotta agree with you. I love the Venus artwork, including most of the singles from that album. The Choirgirl artwork was cool too, and Tori just looks hot on the Jackie's Strength cover. :drool:

:laugh: @ Zoots not knowing Frangipani. You have much to learn, grasshoppa!

As far as Tori's album covers go, I really love the one for "From the Choirgirl Hotel". I think it's quite striking and perfectly fits the dark-fairytale vibe of the album. I often had a wish to recreate it in some other medium - tapestry or collage maybe.

"Beekeeper" is probably my least favourite, although I do like the album. I just find the cover art too cutesy and cloying.

So I took a Creative Writing class a couple years back in college and one of the assignments was to do an "Original poetic re-write of a popular music song"

One of the girls in my class chose to do the Tori Amos song 'Me and a Gun.' This girl in my class was very beautiful and very sweet and had been raped earlier that year, and she wrote an incredibly touching and heartbreaking poem about her awful experience. Before that, I had no idea that Tori Amos had been raped and that 'Me and a Gun' was about her being raped. So I went and listened to 'Me and a Gun' and it is one of the most haunting songs I've ever heard.

Do you guys know this song at all? It is amazing. Words fail me.

Anyway, I'm like U2isthebest in that I don't have very much of Tori's catalogue. I will follow your guys advice and pick up an album or two. Little Earthquakes probably?

Is "Strange Little Girls" worth getting? It's the only Tori album I don't have and I've heard pretty mixed responses about it.

I really do love Strange Little Girls. Tori's covers of Rattlesnakes, Time, and Real Men are some of my favorite Tori songs to listen to, period, covers or not. My local CD store always has some copies of this album used, so if you could find it that way, I'd say definitely pick it up.

So I took a Creative Writing class a couple years back in college and one of the assignments was to do an "Original poetic re-write of a popular music song"

One of the girls in my class chose to do the Tori Amos song 'Me and a Gun.' This girl in my class was very beautiful and very sweet and had been raped earlier that year, and she wrote an incredibly touching and heartbreaking poem about her awful experience. Before that, I had no idea that Tori Amos had been raped and that 'Me and a Gun' was about her being raped. So I went and listened to 'Me and a Gun' and it is one of the most haunting songs I've ever heard.

Do you guys know this song at all? It is amazing. Words fail me.

Anyway, I'm like U2isthebest in that I don't have very much of Tori's catalogue. I will follow your guys advice and pick up an album or two. Little Earthquakes probably?

That's a great song. It is always amazing to see Tori's impact on people. Me and a Gun is stunningly beautiful. It is without a doubt Tori's most important song. You should definitely pick up Little Earthquakes. I hope you enjoy discovering Tori's discography. :up:

Me and a Gun is stunningly beautiful. It is without a doubt Tori's most important song. You should definitely pick up Little Earthquakes. I hope you enjoy discovering Tori's discography. :up:

:yes: to all of that

While Me & A Gun is not a favorite of mine, I agree it's her most important song.

GirlsAloud, you might be interested to know that because of Tori Amos, RAINN | Rape, Abuse & Incest National Network | RAINN: The nation's largest anti-sexual assault organization.One of “America’s 100 Best Charities" —Worth magazine was founded.

Zoots! (and others!)

Have you heard the version of Raspberry Swirl called "Ambient Raspberry Swirl (Scarlet Spectrum Feels)"? It's over 8 minutes of chilled out Tori, and as a fan of chillout and ambient music, I just love it. It takes a couple minutes for the beat to kick in, but once it does...very sexy and moody! :drool:

Anyhow, I was just listening to it and figured I'd suggest it for all you Tori fans out there who might not have heard it. :wave:

Oooo, I have it. I don't think I've ever given it the attention that I now know it deserves. I'll dig it out and give it a listen.

Zoots! (and others!)

Have you heard the version of Raspberry Swirl called "Ambient Raspberry Swirl (Scarlet Spectrum Feels)"? It's over 8 minutes of chilled out Tori, and as a fan of chillout and ambient music, I just love it. It takes a couple minutes for the beat to kick in, but once it does...very sexy and moody! :drool:

Sounds... :combust:

Zoots! (and others!)

Anyhow, I was just listening to it and figured I'd suggest it for all you Tori fans out there who might not have heard it. :wave:

Listening to it right now on imeem.com. :drool: :drool:

Heartland Girl sent it to me. :yippie: It's cool but I need to listen to it again. The original Raspberry Swirl is dizzyingly fantastic!

Back
Top Bottom