TORI AMOS - What?s the best album?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FelipeVox

Acrobat
This week I heard the cover she made for Running to Stand Still and I simply LOVED :sexywink: after that I heard some of her songs, and I adore them... No I want to buy her album, but what?s the best? Would it be Scartlet?s Walk or The Choirgirl Hotel?

Thanks.

I own all of her albums, and Boys for Pele is my favorite. Scarlet's Walk would also be a wonderful choice, though.

Well It depends...Just get em all! ;) The first one I bought was Under The Pink, but I love them all dearly!

Her greatest collection is coming out soon which as well, which I'm looking forward to muchly!!!

B0000CC6QG.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Tori is well suited for a greatest hits. At least for me. Since I find her to be a little hit and miss. But when she hits, DAMN does she hit!

You have to start with "Little Earthquakes."

That is one of the best albums ever made! Then move from there, but start with that one.

Songs like:
China
Winter
Crucify
Precious Things
& Little Earthquakes will blow you away!

i ordered the "until the end of the world" soundtrack on half.com and when i got it the person had thrown in under the pink for free cause there were initials she didn't notice on the cd...i haven't listened to it...

to be honest, i didn't like her version of rtss much...

Start with Little Earthquakes. It's a fabulous album and not as "scary" as Pele, Under the Pink, or Choirgirl. Or you could just wait for the Greatest Hits.

I :heart: Tori!

When will this "Greatest Hits" be released?

I head "Silent All These Years" from Little Earthquakes... and for me it?s just an ok song! But I?ll download other songs of this album :)

By now my favourite song is "Cornflake Girl" :D

I should have known this fabulous singer before...

womanfish said:
Tori is well suited for a greatest hits. At least for me. Since I find her to be a little hit and miss. But when she hits, DAMN does she hit!

Do you mean also with style? I love her Professional Widow type stuff and looking at other singles shes had like Cornflake Girl etc, I've been wary of ever buying anything as she seems to change tack with every new album.
Maybe the Best Of would be the best place to go first...:hmm:

I personally love Little Earthquakes the most. However, Scarlet's Walk is also a fantastic record. In fact she's never actually made a record that isn't fantastic. Little Earthquakes would definitely be my first recommendation though. :)

Angela, if you liked Professional Widow you'd probably like the Boys for Pele album - there are a few tracks which are the same sort of style as Professional Widow on there. It's a great album. :up:

[thinking out loud] Until Fizzy posted, I was beginning to wonder if I was the only one who loves all Tori music, not just a few albums or songs here and there. I love that Tori changes it up a bit on every album. A girl and her piano has the potential to get repetitive and boring, but Tori doesn't seem to fall into that trap. Every album is different but each has something to recommend it highly. [/thinking out loud]

Back
Top Bottom