Tori Amos + Another Incredible Tori Amos Show

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FizzingWhizzbees

ONE love, blood, life
Tori Amos

Does anyone else like Tori Amos? I really :heart: her - she's about the only musician I like anywhere near as much as U2. And seeing her in Manchester earlier this year was probably my greatest concert experience ever. And I :heart: :heart: :heart: Scarlet's Walk - I've hardly taken it out of my CD player since it was released last year. :reject:

So...who else is amazed by the magic that is Tori?

I'm amazed...but I'm at work so I'll have to come back later and rant on and on about Tori when I've got more time. I've been thinking of starting a thread reflecting on Scarlet's Walk, now that's it's been out awhile, to see what everyone thinks of it after letting it sink in. Just thought I'd throw that out there for discussion.

:heart: Tori :heart:

FizzingWhizzbees said:
Woohoo - we have at least one wonderful Tori fan :) Now where are the rest of y'all?

I know that joyfulgirl and daisybean are pretty big fans...quite a few others, too. I'm sure they'll be stopping by soon.

Tori = :drool:

Coolness. :happy:
My one dream in life is to play the piano even 1/100th as well as Tori does. (Right now I get maybe 1/1000th...having played the piano basically all my life, so I'm thinking it doesn't look hopeful :( ). Oh, and if I ever have mucho $$$$s to spare then guess what kind of piano I'm buying myself. :wink:

I :heart: Tori's cover of Lovesong, which I'm listening to right now. :happy:

Another incredible Tori Amos show

Last night was one of the best concerts I've ever seen, ranking up there with any U2 show. I've seen Tori many times, but last night was one of those "God walked through the room" nights. First of all, the venue in Albuquerque was pretty intimate and the acoustics were fantastic. She was gorgeous, and radiant, and sweet. She's evolved from the raw and kind of moody girl with her piano into this really elegant, classy but still edgy performer. Her voice at times was so ethereal, just soaring all over the place, and even the songs I didn't think I liked turned out to be exquisite. All the old songs sound so much better live today than they do on the original recordings.

The highlight...she did the cover I've been longing to hear for years, A Case of You--one of those songs you always hear about her doing, you hope your show will be the one where it appears, and it never does. Only it did this time. Absolutely breathtaking.

The show could've ended right there as far as I was concerned...but then it just kept getting better. During Pretty Good Year some guy in the front row starting balling his eyes out which made Tori start crying, too. Afterwards she got up and went over to him and gave him a big hug and there wasn't a dry eye in the house. It's funny, I always hear about people crying at her shows, and I've seen people crying before, but I had never been that moved before, until last night, and it happened a number of times.

And still it got better. I'd also hoped for Putting the Damage On at every Tori show and never got it until last night. Incredible. Then when she returned for a surprise 3rd time during the encore--when people were already starting to leave!--she did Fleetwood Mac's Songbird and I swear half the audience had to be mopped up off the floor when the lights came up. Absolutely stunning. She used to live in New Mexico and hadn't been here since '99, so I think she gave us a little bit something extra. She played for almost 2 1/2 hours!

Set List:

Wampum Prayer
a sorta fairytale
Little Earthquakes
Juarez
Cornflake Girl
Liquid Diamonds
Siren
Black-Dove (January)
Wednesday

Band Leaves

long hilarious improv
Cloud On My Tongue
Sister Janet
A Case Of You

Band returns

Honey
Sweet Sangria
Father Lucifer
Don't Make Me Go To Vegas
Hotel
I Can't See New York
Iieee

1st Encore
Taxi Ride
Pretty Good Year

2nd Encore
Tear In Your Hand
Putting The Damage On

3rd Encore
Songbird (solo)

Hiya! :wave:

I got her cover of "Vincent (Starry Starry Night)" from hereinmyhead.com a few weeks ago. You should go download that one.

Oh wow. That sounds like such a beautiful show! I know what you mean about wanting to hear a particular song - I'd always wanted to hear Take to the Sky and she did that at the Manchester show I went to earlier this year.

I :heart: Tori. :happpy:

paxetaurora said:
Hiya! :wave:

I got her cover of "Vincent (Starry Starry Night)" from hereinmyhead.com a few weeks ago. You should go download that one.

Yes, I've got to hear it! She's been on the road long enough now on this tour that she's starting to pull the covers out of the hat--you just never know what she's going to play! Recently she played "Nights in White Satin" somewhere--hope I can find that online, too.

:wave:

Last edited:
FizzingWhizzbees said:
Oh wow. That sounds like such a beautiful show! I know what you mean about wanting to hear a particular song - I'd always wanted to hear Take to the Sky and she did that at the Manchester show I went to earlier this year.

I :heart: Tori. :happpy:

I heard Take to the Sky in Denver in December--another example of a song that sounds so much better live today than the recording (IMO). She really has fun with that one!

Oh. We just got merged, Fizzing! Sorry, I didn't see your Tori thread. How strange that two Tori threads were started in one day. I actually didn't even think to look. :)

Wow, joyful. Wow.

:bow: Tori :bow:

That sounds so amazing! What a moment for that guy to be crying, and then Tori starts crying, and then everyone's crying. Her music is so powerful even she can't control it sometimes.

Can anyone think of any great Tori covers or B-sides I should download? I used to have a collection of hundreds of Tori MP3s on my old computer, and I'm trying to re-build it on my new one. :( Kazaa is my friend. :happy:

I love TORI AMOS!!! I saw her live when she was touring for Strange Little Girls in London...she's one of my favourite artists ever....

I always have to listen to a bit of Tori most days! ;)

Little Earthquakes is amazing as well as her others...I'm loving Scarlets Walk at the moment!

Back
Top Bottom