Tori Amos

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

WildHonee

Mr. MacPhisto's Loo Cleaner
What is her real name? I can't for the life of me remember. It's driving me goonie.

------------------
~*Mona*~
"I think I just said I was smart there - I'm sorry about that." ~BONO~

LOVE me, give me SOUL

You give your life for rock n' roll

Another thing I can't remember -- I was listning to a radio show last night and they were talking about how ppl associate colors and number sometimes

which is really weird bc I do that sometimes...it doesn't really mean anything, like it's not rating the colors or anything.

some ppl do it with numbers and ppl, numbers and songs, colors and songs, colors and ppl
and they gave a name to it, but I can't remember it!! I didn't know that it was thing that other ppl did, and I want to look up stuff about it. Does anyone know what the heck I'm talking about?

I know its name begins with an 's' but that's all I remember. Man!

------------------
~*Mona*~

LOVE me, give me SOUL

You give your life for rock n' roll

1.) Tori Amos' real name is Myra Ellen Amos.

2.) The word you are thinking of is synesthesia.

------------------
If you cannot live together in here, you cannot live together out there, let me tell ya. --Bono

You've got to cry without weeping, talk without speaking, scream without raising your voice... --Bono

Originally posted by paxetaurora:

1.) Tori Amos' real name is Myra Ellen Amos.

2.) The word you are thinking of is synesthesia.
!!!!!!!!!!!!! *ALLELUIA CHORUS* OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks
biggrin.gif

------------------
~*Mona*~

LOVE me, give me SOUL

O YEAH YEAH YEAH...

Originally posted by WildHonee:
Another thing I can't remember -- I was listning to a radio show last night and they were talking about how ppl associate colors and number sometimes

which is really weird bc I do that sometimes...it doesn't really mean anything, like it's not rating the colors or anything.

some ppl do it with numbers and ppl, numbers and songs, colors and songs, colors and ppl
and they gave a name to it, but I can't remember it!! I didn't know that it was thing that other ppl did, and I want to look up stuff about it. Does anyone know what the heck I'm talking about?

I know its name begins with an 's' but that's all I remember. Man!

I never knew that there was an actual word for this out there... I have been doing this for as long as I remember. I have a really detailed memory of things like peoples phone numbers, dates etc because of it... it's kind of bizarre but also comes in extremely handy at times- hey Mona, if you find anything on this would you email me? ultraviolet_baby@hotmail.com

------------------
It's no secret that the stars are falling from the sky...
-Kathleen-

This is me hating to waste a thread with a perfectly good topic.

I declare this Tori Territory...that's hard to say!

So....what's your fav. Tori CD? I move around from CD to CD and right now I've been listening to "To Venus and Back" a lot; and you have to read along with the lyrics sometimes bc it sounds like nonsense but then you figure out it isn't. Hmmm

------------------
~*Mona*~

LOVE me, give me SOUL

O YEAH YEAH YEAH...

I haven't gotten used to Strange Little Girls yet, cos I feel it's a little more removed from Tori. Currently, my favourite album is Boys For Pele as I'm blown away by the piano. I used to like BFP the least. So, yeah, I do shift around as well.

foray

Originally posted by foray:
I haven't gotten used to Strange Little Girls yet, cos I feel it's a little more removed from Tori. Currently, my favourite album is Boys For Pele as I'm blown away by the piano. I used to like BFP the least. So, yeah, I do shift around as well.

foray
*secrets* I have yet to warm up to most of SLG too....I like a few of the songs, and some are weird...but I haven't really had the chance to really take it all in.

------------------
~*Mona*~

LOVE me, give me SOUL

O YEAH YEAH YEAH...

Originally posted by HeartlandGirl:

On TVAB, I really like "Cooling" and the live version of "Bells for Her," a song I don't much like on the album.
COOLING!! I LOVETH COOLING!!!!
smile.gif
Also on TVAB, the 1st disc -- 1000 oceans!

------------------
~*Mona*~

LOVE me, give me SOUL

O YEAH YEAH YEAH...

Fav of all time...prob have to say Little Earthquakes..BUT I LOVETH THEM ALL! Most of Choirgirl is wonderful.

------------------
~*Mona*~

LOVE me, give me SOUL

O YEAH YEAH YEAH...

Boys for Pele, Boys for Pele, Boys for Pele...

The only Tori song that gets me to the verge of tears almost every time I hear it is "Putting the Damage On." There's just such an EDGE to BFP; the edge of love, hate, desperation, longing, rage...and then after that tidal swell of emotion, it ends so quietly and unobtrusively that you can hardly believe it happened. Tori's Achtung Baby, if you will.

------------------
If you cannot live together in here, you cannot live together out there, let me tell ya. --Bono

You've got to cry without weeping, talk without speaking, scream without raising your voice... --Bono

Tori fans coming out of the woodwork! WHERE THE SCRAMBLED EGGS HAVE YOU BEEN???

Ok ok, here's the test: which of you have Y Kant Tori Read?

foray

[This message has been edited by foray (edited 01-22-2002).]

at work this loser brought pure crap for cds and then he put in the twister soundtrack. ofcourse he blared van halen a few times, but then i asked what else was on.

he said tori amos. i knew someone liked her, so i said put her on. to his disgust he obliged.

i must say she has a lovely voice.

what song was that that i heard?

------------------
-Cloyd
-Balls McCone
-Cloyd (again)
-Blattus
-Box Bran-Delle

thanks.

------------------
-Cloyd
-Balls McCone
-Cloyd (again)
-Blattus
-Box Bran-Delle

I did have MP3s of all the songs on my old computer but I don't have a copy on CD. I went through this phase of obsessively downloading every Tori b-side or rare song I could
wink.gif

I love Tori, I have 3 of her c.d.'s... Under the Pink, Boys for Pele, and a c.d. I bought as a rarity called Forgotten Earthquakes, which is really nice. I had Little Earthquakes, but it just vanished... I think it may have been stolen, but I don't know any details. I should put up "Missing" posters.

My favorite has always been Boys For Pele, but I've been listening to SLG and the live half of To Venus and Back a lot lately.

SLG--it took some warming up to, but I love it. Except the Eminem song...I only had to hear it once to get her point, and haven't really had the nerve to listen to it since. Love "Real Men" and "Rattlesnakes" though.

On TVAB, I really like "Cooling" and the live version of "Bells for Her," a song I don't much like on the album.

Any word on when she'll be releasing new original material?

*glad someone put this thread to good use!*

------------------
U2 @ The Blooming Heart

Tori fans coming out of the woodwork! WHERE THE SCRAMBLED EGGS HAVE YOU BEEN???

foray

[This message has been edited by foray (edited 01-22-2002).]
LMAO at Scrambled eggs....
smile.gif

I don't have Y Kant Tori Read! Is it any good?

------------------
~*Mona*~

LOVE me, give me SOUL

O YEAH YEAH YEAH...

YKTR is more tragic than anything. It shows you what might have happened to Tori had she forever stayed a glam rocker.
wink.gif
I am proud to say that I OWN the fabled YKTR...it cost me 30 dollars in the days before Napster when I actually had to track it down at a rare/used CD and record store. But it was worth it. Two very lovely songs it features are "Cool on Your Island" and "Etienne."

------------------

Like I said, Boys for Pele is my favorite. My favorite Tori song of all time is "Doughnut Song." She played it live when I first got to see her, so it was AWESOME!

Anyone else have an absolute favorite song by Tori?

I must say, though, "Raspberry Swirl" was the best live song from the shows I've seen...she can really rock when she wants to.

------------------
U2 @ The Blooming Heart

Yeah maybe newbies should start with Boys For Pele. Little Earthquakes and Under The Pink are also fine as starting albums... This was all before her 'quasi-electronica' era...

My favourite Tori song ever? Perhaps 'Merman' or 'Marianne'. I just love her piano work.

HeartlandGirl, you saw her live? I should be so fortunate
frown.gif

foray

Fav song?! I couldn't choose...I'll do fav. from each CD though:

LE: Silent all These Years

Pink: Cornflake Girl

Pele: (I don't know why, but this cd is SO difficult for me to listen to) Putting the Damage On or Marianne

Choirgirl: Northern Lad

Venus: 1000 Oceans

SLG: I'm Not in Love

------------------
~*Mona*~

LOVE me, give me SOUL

O YEAH YEAH YEAH...

My favourite by a country mile would have to be From the Choirgirl Hotel. And the more recent 'quasi-electronica' as another poster well described it, is fine too.

I find some of her more weird and wacky faerie ramblings a bit off-putting, but to be fair that is a personal thing - it has little to do with the actual songs.

Back
Top Bottom