Tori AMOS

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tackleberry

War Child
Am I a "skirt" for buying tickets to see Tori Amos at Jones Beach this summer? I have been a fan of hers fr quite some time now, but I have never seen her live. Didn't really like "The Beekeeper" album, but I hear she plays bare bones this tour..oh and I am of the male gender.

What's she like live these days?

There are a variety of extensive threads on her in the band index which would answer pretty much all of your questions.

I enjoy the 3 cds I own by Tori...and more often than not, her songs blow my mind (see "Professional Widow"). I have not seen her in concert, but I would guess that it would be a good time. I don't think you're a skirt.:wink:

PS, Jones beach is a great place for a concert, except for the no beer crap:rant:

What mofo said.

And she will take your breath away.

I got tickets for the Red Rocks show. :drool:

I'm going to see her in August, looking forward to it

I know you're joking, but do guys really worry about that..what is wrong w/ having good taste in music? What is "skirt" (whatever that means) about going to see someone like Tori?

Maybe I will meet a lovely skirted man there :wink:

tackleberry, if you want to get an idea of what she's sounding like this summer on her solo tour, check out some of the live songs from the tour here:

http://www.hereinmyhead.com/sounds/index.html

The Beekeeper songs sound amazing live, better than on the record imo (and I think the new record is probably my least favorite Tori record although I do like it), and she's having fun with cover songs, too. Check out her cover of Father Figure. There are two versions, both slightly different. The mirror site works best where available.

Numb1075 said:
I enjoy the 3 cds I own by Tori...and more often than not, her songs blow my mind (see "Professional Widow"). I have not seen her in concert, but I would guess that it would be a good time. I don't think you're a skirt.:wink:

PS, Jones beach is a great place for a concert, except for the no beer crap:rant:

JOnes Beach is a great place. I saw Coldplay there back when they didn't sell out shows. Was actually a better show there, then the one I saw at MSG.

Anyway, I love me some Tori!!

No beer??? Why?

they do not sell beer inside the venue anymore. I don't know why. If you want beer, drink in the parking lots....i think this has been the rule for a couple of years now.

Love Tori Amos! Little Earthquakes is one of my all-time favorite albums and Cornflake Girl, one of my all-time fav songs by anyone!

Back
Top Bottom