Top Chef: Season 3 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 06-13-2007, 12:35 PM   #1
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 07:15 AM
Top Chef: Season 3

Does anyone here watch the show? I'm hooked on it. I loved the first season, but the second season just wasn't as good. Overall, the personalities of the contestants weren't as interesting and they just didn't seem to have the same level of experience. And I'm pissed because Sam didn't win.

Season three starts tonight.

Old 06-13-2007, 12:37 PM   #2
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 06:15 AM
I'll be watching.

The only season I watched was Season 1 and I only got into it because a marathon was on. I hope I'll be able to remember every week.

Should be interesting stuff!

Old 06-13-2007, 01:05 PM   #3
Sizzlin' Sicilian
Forum Administrator

Local Time: 03:15 AM
What network?
Old 06-13-2007, 01:09 PM   #4
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Bravo. It is on at 10, eastern time.
Old 06-13-2007, 02:00 PM   #5
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 04:15 AM
I'm pissed Sam didn't win season 2! I hated Marcel and his attitude, not to mention his hair I was happy Harold won season 1 though. Tiffani bugged me.

I have the TiVo set to record tonight, since I will be out. Can't wait to see this years drama!
Old 06-13-2007, 02:09 PM   #6
Blue Crack Distributor

Was Marcel the guy from the special last week (the S1 v. S2) who had the lobster foam?
Old 06-13-2007, 02:58 PM   #7
Blue Crack Distributor

Yes, he always used 'foam', and he somehow won the quickfire challenge to be captain of that team.
Old 06-13-2007, 03:32 PM   #8
Refugee

Love this show. I agree that Season 2 was nowhere near as good as Season 1. Sam was the only great chef, but he had a major attitude. I couldn't stand that Ilan won! All of the childish antics of season 2 were just too much.

Looking forward to season 3!
Old 06-13-2007, 03:42 PM   #9
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

What I love about Bravo is that if you miss an episode, they always re-air it a few times through the week. They've managed to suck me in to just about all of their competition shows--Project Runway, Top Design, Top Chef, and even that recent show Shear Genius. I wish there was a cable package where I could just get the Food Network, HGTV, and Bravo, because those are pretty much the only channels I watch anymore.

I love to cook, and I enjoy Top Chef because it's a level of cooking I'm completely unfamiliar with. It makes me want to learn how to cook more high-end meals, even though those ingredients are definitely not in my budget these days

I hope there's less saffron, less foam, and less drama this season, though from the previews I've seen, there still looks like there's going to be a lot of drama. It will be interesting to see how the show being in Miami this season will change it.

And, as a bit of trivia, host Padma Lakshmi is the (fourth!) wife of writer Salman Rushdie.
Old 06-13-2007, 04:21 PM   #10
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Quote:
Originally posted by BonoIsMyMuse
What I love about Bravo is that if you miss an episode, they always re-air it a few times through the week. They've managed to suck me in to just about all of their competition shows--Project Runway, Top Design, Top Chef, and even that recent show Shear Genius.
I get hooked on every Bravo reality show for that reason. I started with Project Runway. I was putting off studying for something and just figured I would watch TV for a little while. Next thing I know, I watched the entire season, plus the first episode of a new season. And then I saw the previews for Top Chef and thought I just had to see that one. Same went for Shear Genius and Top Design, although I don't think I'd watch those two again.

I love cooking shows and the Food Network is my favorite channel, but I can't cook to save my life.
Old 06-13-2007, 04:24 PM   #11
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally posted by ylimeU2

I get hooked on every Bravo reality show for that reason. I started with Project Runway. I was putting off studying for something and just figured I would watch TV for a little while. Next thing I know, I watched the entire season, plus the first episode of a new season. And then I saw the previews for Top Chef and thought I just had to see that one. Same went for Shear Genius and Top Design, although I don't think I'd watch those two again.

I love cooking shows and the Food Network is my favorite channel, but I can't cook to save my life.

I tend to get stuck on Bravo when I'm bored or putting off something, as well.

I like to cook, but I don't really get that much of a chance to.
Old 06-13-2007, 05:28 PM   #12
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 05:15 AM
I looove Project Runway, and Top Chef is pretty good too. Makes me wish I knew how to cook. I'm going to learn, I think. Shear Genius and Top Design were okay. I watched some of them but never really got into them

i'll be watching season three
Old 06-14-2007, 12:40 AM   #13
Refugee

I'm so glad that Clay dude got the boot. He was on my last nerve from the quickfire challenge. I feel bad for the dude who didn't plate, and i'm glad he got another chance. His risoto did look yummy.
Old 06-14-2007, 04:01 AM   #14
Rock n' Roll Doggie

I felt bad for Clay. To me, it didn't seem like he was anyways near the level of the other chefs and I think he knew it. He did deserve to go, though.

I like Trey. Not only did his food look really good, so far, he seems like he had a good personality. The runner up (I can't remember his name) seems twice as arrogant as Marcel and Steven put together. I hate him already.

There seem to be some other really good chefs, too. The Quickfire and the Elimination were cool challenges. Looks like it is going to be a great season.
Old 06-14-2007, 09:01 AM   #15
Blue Crack Distributor

I pegged Clay as the first to go as soon as I saw his Quickfire challenge offering. Quick bite? Hardly.

I did feel bad for him, but I am glad that the guy who didn't have a chance to plate stayed on.