Top Chef: Season 3

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ylimeU2

Rock n' Roll Doggie
Does anyone here watch the show? I'm hooked on it. I loved the first season, but the second season just wasn't as good. Overall, the personalities of the contestants weren't as interesting and they just didn't seem to have the same level of experience. And I'm pissed because Sam didn't win. :wink:

Season three starts tonight. :hyper:

I'm pissed Sam didn't win season 2! :madspit: I hated Marcel and his attitude, not to mention his hair :lol: I was happy Harold won season 1 though. Tiffani bugged me.

I have the TiVo set to record tonight, since I will be out. Can't wait to see this years drama!

Love this show. I agree that Season 2 was nowhere near as good as Season 1. Sam was the only great chef, but he had a major attitude. I couldn't stand that Ilan won! All of the childish antics of season 2 were just too much.

Looking forward to season 3!

What I love about Bravo is that if you miss an episode, they always re-air it a few times through the week. They've managed to suck me in to just about all of their competition shows--Project Runway, Top Design, Top Chef, and even that recent show Shear Genius. I wish there was a cable package where I could just get the Food Network, HGTV, and Bravo, because those are pretty much the only channels I watch anymore.

I love to cook, and I enjoy Top Chef because it's a level of cooking I'm completely unfamiliar with. It makes me want to learn how to cook more high-end meals, even though those ingredients are definitely not in my budget these days :reject:

I hope there's less saffron, less foam, and less drama this season, though from the previews I've seen, there still looks like there's going to be a lot of drama. It will be interesting to see how the show being in Miami this season will change it.

And, as a bit of trivia, host Padma Lakshmi is the (fourth!) wife of writer Salman Rushdie.

BonoIsMyMuse said:
What I love about Bravo is that if you miss an episode, they always re-air it a few times through the week. They've managed to suck me in to just about all of their competition shows--Project Runway, Top Design, Top Chef, and even that recent show Shear Genius.

I get hooked on every Bravo reality show for that reason. I started with Project Runway. I was putting off studying for something and just figured I would watch TV for a little while. Next thing I know, I watched the entire season, plus the first episode of a new season. And then I saw the previews for Top Chef and thought I just had to see that one. Same went for Shear Genius and Top Design, although I don't think I'd watch those two again.

I love cooking shows and the Food Network is my favorite channel, but I can't cook to save my life. :reject:

ylimeU2 said:

I get hooked on every Bravo reality show for that reason. I started with Project Runway. I was putting off studying for something and just figured I would watch TV for a little while. Next thing I know, I watched the entire season, plus the first episode of a new season. And then I saw the previews for Top Chef and thought I just had to see that one. Same went for Shear Genius and Top Design, although I don't think I'd watch those two again.

I love cooking shows and the Food Network is my favorite channel, but I can't cook to save my life. :reject:

I tend to get stuck on Bravo when I'm bored or putting off something, as well.

I like to cook, but I don't really get that much of a chance to.

I looove Project Runway, and Top Chef is pretty good too. Makes me wish I knew how to cook. I'm going to learn, I think. Shear Genius and Top Design were okay. I watched some of them but never really got into them

i'll be watching season three :up:

I'm so glad that Clay dude got the boot. He was on my last nerve from the quickfire challenge. I feel bad for the dude who didn't plate, and i'm glad he got another chance. His risoto did look yummy.

I felt bad for Clay. To me, it didn't seem like he was anyways near the level of the other chefs and I think he knew it. He did deserve to go, though.

I like Trey. Not only did his food look really good, so far, he seems like he had a good personality. The runner up (I can't remember his name) seems twice as arrogant as Marcel and Steven put together. I hate him already.

There seem to be some other really good chefs, too. The Quickfire and the Elimination were cool challenges. Looks like it is going to be a great season.

D'oh! Missed it! I'll have to catch one of the million repeats.

LOve this show!! Thought last night was good. Clay had to go...umm and amuse bouche is not an entire course!! Loved that Tony Bourdain kicked it off!! Can't wait for the drama.

Howie has no concept of time management, and that's going to hurt him in the long run for sure. I could tell he was in trouble when he was slowly chopping carrots like he didn't have a care in the world and everyone else was running around the kitchen.

That's got to be the sweetest elimination challenge prize ever, too, having Anthony Bourdain take you out for dinner and get you plastered in New York. I need to pick up one of his books.

I'm a little worried that the penthouse where they're staying has a hot tub. I hope the show doesn't descend into stupid Real World-esque drunk hot tub hook-ups. The show doesn't need them.

BonoIsMyMuse said:
Howie has no concept of time management, and that's going to hurt him in the long run for sure. I could tell he was in trouble when he was slowly chopping carrots like he didn't have a care in the world and everyone else was running around the kitchen.

That's got to be the sweetest elimination challenge prize ever, too, having Anthony Bourdain take you out for dinner and get you plastered in New York. I need to pick up one of his books.

I'm a little worried that the penthouse where they're staying has a hot tub. I hope the show doesn't descend into stupid Real World-esque drunk hot tub hook-ups. The show doesn't need them.

Agreed on all points, although I wouldn't mind being stuck in a hot tub with CJ. :shifty:

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:

Agreed on all points, although I wouldn't mind being stuck in a hot tub with CJ. :shifty:

:giggle:

I was thinking the same thing.

^ There is a confidence there that you just have to admire. :lol:

I watch all the Bravo shows too :wave: Clay deserved to go, and even though his quickfire wasn't an amuse bouche, it looked pretty dang good! :drool:

my rankings for the Bravo shows/competitions:

1. Project Runway
2. Top Chef
3. Shear Genius
4. Top Design (even though I want to be an interior designer, this show stunk!)
5. Work Out (never watched it, never will :shrug: )

Project Runway is the best Bravo reality show by far content wise...that said I enjoy Top Chef simply because the judging is much more interesting than PW. I still have the Thanksgiving episode from season 2 on Tivo. Truly a classic hour of reality TV.

Top Design and Shear Genius were boring. Listening to designers complain about having to do a complete room for 500.00? Yeah, I really felt their pain. Getting the furniture at garage sales? The HORROR! PFFT!

Now I'm off topic.

I didn't really agree with the end result last night. :down: I think Howie has really screwed things up twice and is full of excuses. I really thought he was going to be the one to go.

And the one who kept whining about the watermelon drink needs to grow up. Micah was getting on my nerves that episode, too.

Back
Top Bottom