Top Chef: Season 3

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So sad to see him go :(

grumpypopcorn.gif

I didn't have a grumpy wave :|

Yes. I was too crushed when CJ got eliminated to post. :(

Last night wasn't very surprising, though. I hope Hung doesn't win the whole thing. I feel like he might, though. As for Brian, Casey, and Dale...I like them all so I will be happy if any of them get it.

Yeah, I think Dale is my favorite. I respect Casey for getting as far as she did with out being bitchy like the women from previous seasons. I like Brian, but only because there really isn't much to dislike about him. I don't think he is the best chef remaining, though. Unfortunately, I do think Hung will win.

I didn't like last night's challenges. I thought it was pretty boring and extremely predictable.

ABH, I couldn't agree more.

I'd be okay with Casey, Brian or Dale winning.

Actually all 4 of the finalists don't seem "outstanding". If Hung is so talented, why did he wait til the end to showcase it :shrug: He just bugs me. Bugged me from day one when he said he was friends with Marcel from last season :mad:

I felt bad for Dale forgetting the honey sauce last night. But I was pretty sure when Sara's chicken was still pink that she'd be the one packing her knives. Dale's concept might have failed, but at least you could taste his food. Sara's chicken was under or overcooked, that's a failure in execution, since you can't even taste it. So long Sara :wave:

fan favorite - did anyone vote?

Lila64 said:
ABH, I couldn't agree more.
. If Hung is so talented, why did he wait til the end to showcase it :shrug:

fan favorite - did anyone vote?

I don't think he waited until the end to showcase it. He is the only classically trained chef. That is why I was at all surprised with last night's episode. He can cook and I'm sure from his training, he knew exactly what the judges were looking for. It was just lucky for him.

No, I didn't vote. Bravo's site has been giving me issues lately. :angry:

I think Hung deserves to win. He's the most skilled chef and he's very focused on the competition. He's nowhere near as much of an ass as previous contestants. (i.e. Ilan and Tiffany).

I guess it wasn't the worst outcome ever.

I love Dale, but I'm really hoping Casey wins. I can't really say why, especially since I started off disliking her.

One more episode to go.

I'm rooting for Casey too. I just don't see Hung being Top Chef. He may be excellent technically (according to the judges), but I don't see it elsewhere. I felt bad for Brian, but one of them had to go. :shrug:

Honestly I don't believe these Chef's are as interesting or talented as the Chef's from season one or two. I'm beginning to believe the three finalists instead of two is because they really don't have alot of talent at the end and they don't want to make Hung top chef by default simply because Casey and Dale can be unpredictable as far as quality.

:banghead:

I honestly think that if they had followed the formula from the previous seasons, Hung wouldn't have won. I thought that would be his downfall, as it was with both Stephan and Marcel. But the moment I saw who the sous chefs were, I knew Hung had it.

I am a little ticked off, but when Hung did his ceral fantasy land, I stopped disliking him so much, so I am not as mad as I could have been.

The biggest disappointed for me was seeing Casey pretty much fall apart. It was almost painful to watch. :sigh:

I felt bad for Casey. Once Tom critiqued one of her dishes, I knew she was out of the competition. And I thought that Howie being her assistant could possibly hurt her :sad:
I thought Dale was gonna pull it out, but one of his courses, the lobster one, didn't pass muster. I can't believe Hung won :sigh: Oh well, the end to a pretty dull season :|
Next week is the reunion show...

I was really rooting for Dale. :mad: I thought it was awesome how he just poured it on the last few challenges. Though I have to say that Hung didn't bug me as much in the last few episodes as he did earlier in the season.

I'm sure this is an unpopular opinion, but Hung deserved to win. He was pretty much consistent all season and he was the best chef. Dale's food was barely even on the radar until the last couple challenges. Casey couldn't even chop an onion to save her life and she made a lot of mistakes throughout the season.

Hung deserved this. I think that the judges knew it and there was no way they were gonna mess up this season like they did last time, when their best option was Ilan.

I really don't know why so many people dislike Hung. He was made into the villain of the season early on, but he's not that bad. He was just focused on winning and there's nothing wrong with that. If this was Top Gay Friend, then sure Dale should have won. But it's Top Chef. The right person won.

I completely agree with ultravioletluv. Yeah, Hung was arrogant from time to time, but he wasn't a jerk about it. Even when he didn't offer to help his other contestants I don't think that made him a jerk. I felt like his attitude was "it is what it is" and while the show tried to make him a villain for it, it didn't work.

I'm happy for the guy.

I'm happy for him that he won, and he did totally deserve it, I just hated his attitude in the kitchen. He always scared me running around the kitchen with a knife :yikes:

Hung was definitely technically skilled, and I was impressed that there was actually some personality in some of his final dishes, but I think he was a poor sport and very self-centered all season. I don't think that's what a Top Chef really is. I think if Dale's lobster dish hadn't been as bad as it was, he easily would've won, because he's got passion and better character.

BonosLil'Pal94 said:
I just hated his attitude in the kitchen.

:up:

Maybe it is different in the world of chefs, but in my world, I wouldn't want to work for someone who is so full of themselves. Yeah, he can cook, but it seems to me, a chef needs to be a manager as well.

And even though it is a competition, if he really is as great as he says he is, why couldn't he help out the others? Seems to me, someone with his skills could afford to that it comfortably.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom