Top Chef: Season 3 - Page 3 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 06-21-2007, 12:55 PM   #31
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 12:38 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by LarryMullen's_POPAngel
Howie will be gone soon enough, methinks.

I felt bad for Sandee but she really didn't grill her food. But, if they had judged like they did last week she could have gone ahead if it had tasted great.

And I'd say Howie was the #1 whiner. I didn't see the results of the voting on that...

Old 06-21-2007, 01:45 PM   #32
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 03:38 AM
Quote:
Howie will be gone soon enough, methinks.

I felt bad for Sandee but she really didn't grill her food. But, if they had judged like they did last week she could have gone ahead if it had tasted great.
That is what really didn't sit right with me, either. Last week, they booted off Clay because his food was crap. This week, they get rid of someone who didn't follow the challenge, even though she wasn't the only one.

It makes me wonder how much of a deciding factor the guest judges have. Howie called out Anthony Bourdain on the chefs who serve it right, which from what little I know of him, probably earned Howie some respect from him. But personally, I would rather eat something that wasn't grilled over something that tasted bad.
Sandee seemed pretty good to me. I was sorry to see her go so soon.

Old 06-23-2007, 10:29 PM   #33
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 01:38 AM
Old 06-24-2007, 01:43 AM   #34
Sizzlin' Sicilian
Forum Administrator

Local Time: 11:38 PM
I happened to catch an episode tonite, where they had to make a BBQ dish. Some interesting dishes there! I could probly get into this show, I just have to remember when its on. My TV seems to be always permanently on FOX.
Old 06-24-2007, 03:43 AM   #35
ONE
love, blood, life

Howie needs to go already! Even though Sandee didn't exactly bbq it, I don't think she should have gone....yet.
Old 06-24-2007, 04:06 AM   #36
Blue Crack Distributor

Wednesday evenings at 10:00pm = new episode
Old 07-02-2007, 10:46 AM   #37
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 02:38 AM
Poor Salman Rushdie...

Quote:
NEW YORK (Reuters) - British author Salman Rushdie and his wife Padma Lakshmi, host of the television show "Top Chef," are getting divorced, just two weeks after he was awarded a British knighthood, his spokeswoman said on Monday.

"Salman Rushdie has agreed to divorce his wife, Padma Lakshmi, because of her desire to end their marriage," spokeswoman Jin Auh said in a statement.

"He asks that the media respect his privacy at this difficult time."

Rushdie faced a fatwa death warrant from Iranian revolutionary leader Ayatollah Ruhollah Khomeini in 1989 for blasphemy against Islam over his book "The Satanic Verses," forcing him into hiding for nine years.
I'm glad there's no new episode this week. I still have one to get caught up on from when I was away.
Old 07-02-2007, 10:50 AM   #38
Blue Crack Distributor

Poor Salman, indeed.

How long were they married?

I have to catch up on the last episode, too. I know they run the repeats ad nauseum and I'm sure they'll have marathons on the 4th. (I do know who got kicked off, though, and I was quite surprised.)
Old 07-02-2007, 11:35 AM   #39
Rock n' Roll Doggie

I didn't even know they were married until Bonoismymuse pointed it out in this thread. According to Wikipedia, they got married on April 17, 2004, so only a little over three years. It was his fourth marriage, so I guess it really isn't all that surprising.

I just caught the new episode yesterday. I wasn't too surprised, once I saw it. Not to spoil it for anyone else, in case they don't know, but that person didn't really seem like they wanted to be there. And the dish for the elimination round didn't even look good and apparently tasted as good as it looked.

I will say, this season has been pretty suprising as far as who is going home so far. It does add some extra interest, for me, anyway.
Old 07-02-2007, 11:42 AM   #40
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally posted by ylimeU2
I didn't even know they were married until Bonoismymuse pointed it out in this thread. According to Wikipedia, they got married on April 17, 2004, so only a little over three years. It was his fourth marriage, so I guess it really isn't all that surprising.

I just caught the new episode yesterday. I wasn't too surprised, once I saw it. Not to spoil it for anyone else, in case they don't know, but that person didn't really seem like they wanted to be there. And the dish for the elimination round didn't even look good and apparently tasted as good as it looked.

I will say, this season has been pretty suprising as far as who is going home so far. It does add some extra interest, for me, anyway.

You do have a good point there, re: that they didn't seem as if they wanted to be there. I was still hoping that it would have been someone else *coughshowiecoughs*
Old 07-02-2007, 06:57 PM   #41
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 01:38 AM
wow i never knew she was married to salman rushdie...huh!

sucks for him (and her too i mean if she wasnt happy in the marriage that sucks)
Old 07-12-2007, 09:49 AM   #42
Blue Crack Distributor

Is it just me, or does it seem that only a few personalities have really stood out this season because up until last night I don't think I even heard Pineapple Upside Down Cake girl (forgot her name ) speak, let alone cook.

http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,2004...045866,00.html
Old 07-12-2007, 12:54 PM   #43
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

The show really does seem to be focusing only on the best and the worst and ignoring everyone in the middle. I don't even think they've been showing everybody's dishes during the quick fire challenges this season.

I liked the challenge last night with pairing the appetizer with the drinks, but I got bored with the elimination challenge.
Old 07-12-2007, 10:26 PM   #44
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Quote:
Is it just me, or does it seem that only a few personalities have really stood out this season because up until last night I don't think I even heard Pineapple Upside Down Cake girl (forgot her name ) speak, let alone cook.

http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,2004...045866,00.html
Some people this season just don't stand out at all. It isn't you. Especially with a couple of the girls. When the losers were at judges table, I wondered who in the hell they were.

I think Bonoismymuse is right, they aren't focusing much at all on the people in the middle. I'm not really sure I'm loving this season. Better then season 2, but certainly not as good as season one.
Old 07-13-2007, 03:46 AM   #45
Blue Crack Supplier

Location: Earth to Blue Crack to Planet Fierce and back again
Local Time: 11:38 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Lila64
Wednesday evenings at 10:00pm = new episode
Im addicted to Top Chef

since the first season