Top Chef 4

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:hyper:

It was hard to watch tonight, only because I was not allowed to eat anything today (for a medical test). But it all looked sooooooo good. :drool: Got a lot of names to learn!

I actually really like the chefs this year! They all have very different personalities. I think my two favorite contestants so far are the New Zealand guy and Spike. The food last night looked :drool: :drool: :drool: except for the mushrooms lol.

is this the show where that one chef screams and belittles them?

I found myself watching the first episode and getting sucked into yet another BravoTV show. heh. I haven't seen last night's epi yet, was too tired to stay up. But the great thing about Bravo of course is that if you miss a show, you know it will be repeated umpteen times later on in the week. heh.

I like the new zealand guy and the girl that won the first couple of challenges. She seems to be nice and hard-working, not showy and stuff. the guy (richard?) with the fake mohawk and all of the fancy kitchen equipment annoys me. I :heart: Anthony Bourdain...let's have him back as a guest judge all the time!!! :yes:

I thought last nights show was good....I can't remember which 2 girls made the eggrolls that had a carrot sauce that the diners were loving, but that looked yummy. Also, I have a hard time separating the guy with the mohawk and the girl with a mohawk:lol:

So I caught up on last night's show. Good stuff. I liked the dishes that were on top. I'm telling you, that Stephanie...she's one to watch. Kind of quiet and not as much of a personality for TV, but apparently she makes good food. heh.

Was not unhappy to see Spike go. He seemed arrogant and impatient. The previews for next week tho... :ohmy:

doh, this is what i get for surfing and watching at the same time. lol. I meant that I was glad to see spike on the bottom cuz he annoys me.

as for manuel, i think he kinda got shafted on that one. spike was the one whose dish sucked. still, I suppose he would have been off pretty soon. He seemed to be weaker than the rest of the field. :shrug:

i WISH I had an advance feed. ;)

more cowbell!

I've been enjoying this season so far. In the first episode, Richard annoyed me, but he hasn't really bothered me since then. I was glad to see Eric go last week, because I think he had a really bad attitude. I predict either Ryan or Nikki will be next on the chopping block. They just don't seem to have the advanced knowledge and skills that some of the others do.

Next week's episode looks like it has a lot of drama :corn:

Tailgating... gee... who didn't necessarily follow the theme of the challenge and was featured more on the show this week. Yes, that's right, byebye Ryan :wave:

All the foods looked so good!

The logic behind the elimination decisions sometimes amazes me. It did again last night. The team who received Polish Sausage and decided NOT to use it escaped elimination but the cheese and asparagus team who used the ingredients they were given, one member goes home.

Richard, Dale and Andrew (to a lesser extent) are emerging as the three to beat. I wish Stephanie would take more of a lead in team challenges since her skills and palate are spot on. I fear her lack of leadership will get her eliminated.

I think Mark's been pretty strong overall, too. He's had a few weak moments, a la the tailgate episode. But he's probably one of the ones who's been in the top few in Quickfires and a few eliminations as much as the other leaders.

Or at least he started out that way...

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:

I'm so glad Stephanie didn't go home!

I'm glad she didn't go either! I felt bad for Jen though.
I don't know if I would have preferred one of the other two go home. I mean... Polish Sausage and you use chorizo? You didn't follow the challenge parameters. :shrug: And Antonia has nixed ideas again. Didn't the other girl (name escapes me) suggest the sausage & beer? And previously Antonia nixed what's his name (Spike?) making soup, and then that team was in the bottom 3 and really should have made the soup (Antonia had immunity that round).

:shrug:

I agree...I was sure it would be Antonia last night...her snarky, smug attitude pisses me off..."I am Antonia and I do not cook polish sausage!" :rolleyes:

Daddysgonnapay said:
I agree...I was sure it would be Antonia last night...her snarky, smug attitude pisses me off..."I am Antonia and I do not cook polish sausage!" :rolleyes:

:yes: I really REALLY wanted her to be the one booted off. She has been so smug over the last few challenges. And then not to even follow the rules at all? Come on!

Too bad for Jen. :(

I think Nikki's gotta be gone soon. She seems way out of her league.

Who the hell decides to make curry for a cheap family of 4 meal :der: I don't even like the smell of it :der: Bye Mark :wave:

I really thought Stephanie was gonna go, luckily she didn't.
Antonia winning the quickfire & the challenge - WTG! I'm not sure what I think about her at the moment. More human now that I know she is a single mom and that she got choked up when all the kids arrived to take part in the challenge.

I still think Richard is the one to beat. A few others are good too, but their names escape me at the moment.

Back
Top Bottom