Top Chef 4

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Dude, things were looking waaaay too good in a way that would've had me waaaay too sad.... I agree about the person who choked.

Funny thing, my wife and I decided last night that if we were traveling to a city where any of these chefs had a restaurant, here's how it would break down:

- If Richard had a restaurant in that city, we'd totally make every effort to go.
- If Stephanie had a restaurant in that city, we'd try to go, but wouldn't be upset if we didn't make it.
- If Lisa had a restaurant in that city, we'd just as soon go to anywhere else. :shrug:

The one thing about Lisa's meal I liked is that she made Tom Kah Gai soup. I've got a Thai place just a block from my house that makes the most delicious Tom Kah Gai ever - it's one of those that's worth stopping in just for the soup. Lemongrass + coconut broth + chicken = :drool:. If the judges liked it as much as they did, I'd love to give it a try.

From the previews when they showed Richard say "Alright I'll say it" and then the look of shock from the judges, I was expecting him to snap and just say "Lisa doesn't deserve to be here." At least that's what I was hoping for. :D

i was expecting him to say something like "i'm the only person who deserves to be here", but i'm happy with stephanie winning, her food alway looked and sounded amazing and she had an easy going personality which helped

I missed the finale, and now it seems like Bravo is only showing reruns in the middle of the night. The suspense is killing me :scream:

Ahh, perfect. I figured they'd already aired the reunion show, since that's how they did it last year. That means I can find out tomorrow :hyper:

we have a weekly sunday brunch at the resort that I work for. Each week, we all take turns making the featured desserts for the brunch. Well it's been really slow so our Chef told us to double up and work in pairs. My partner suggested banana cream and pound cake! Seriously!?!? Let's take a crappy idea from a Chef on a TV show. :doh: :rolleyes: I don't think so. I'm leaning towards an orange bavarian cream alternating with layers of a thin chocolate sponge cake with the top coated with ganache and a strawberry or raspberry sauce on the side. Easy and way more original than banana cream and pound cake! :doh: Mousse/creams/custards do not go with a pound cake anyways. One is light while the other is heavy. Weird combo....

I'm glad I finally got caught up last night. What an exciting finale! I was so nervous Lisa was going to win, and I would've been so mad if she did. Her attitude was so lousy all season, and there were so many times that I think the judges made the wrong decision when she was up for elimination and the other contestant was sent home. I also felt really bad for Richard. I didn't like him at the start of the season, but he grew on me in the second half of the competition, and I really thought it was his title to lose. I can't believe he choked.

I'm so happy for Stephanie. Her cooking was consistent all season, and she has a great attitude and will surely get everything from the experience and the prize money that she can.

And I'm so excited for a new season of PR! I didn't think there was going to be another one until the fall :hyper:

Supposedly they're taking Top Chef on the road.

Bravo’s 'Top Chef' Tour Takes Shape - BC Beat - Blog on Broadcasting & Cable

Bravo’s 'Top Chef' Tour Takes Shape
June 16, 2008

B&C has been all over Bravo’s Top Chef tour. Since breaking the story in May, we have taken a video tour of the truck and spoken to former “cheftestants” (ugh) about what they will be doing as the tour moves forward.

Well, Bravo has announced the tour dates, so all you Top Chef fanatics take note: the tour could be coming to your city soon.

Boston, MA July 1

Philadelphia, PA July 4

Pittsburgh, PA July 9

Columbus, OH July 12

St. Louis, MO July 16

Denver, CO July 19

Phoenix, AZ July 26

San Diego, CA July 30

San Francisco, CA August 2, 3

Los Angeles, CA August 8

Des Moines, IA August 16

Detroit, MI August 23

Madison, WI August 27

Chicago, IL September 3, 4

Raleigh, NC September 13

Tampa, FL September 20

Orlando, FL September 24

Atlanta, GA September 27

New York, NY TBD

That’s right, New York is TBD. Whatever.

So what can fans and affiliates expect? Well, in each city the cheftestants will perform four live interactive shows, three for fans and one for Bravo's cable affiliates.

Also on board the truck will be cooking demos, tastings, show secrets and cooking tips.

Affiliates will also get a private meet and greet with the chefs, taggable spots promoting the tour as well as logo and product placement inside the truck.

Back
Top Bottom