Top Chef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lila64

Blue Crack Distributor
TopChefLogo.jpg

Anyone here watch Top Chef? If so, do you have favorites? Did you watch the "reunion" episode last week prior to the -part finale this coming Wednesday?

Who will win? Harold, Dave, or Tiffani

:corn:

Yes I am guilty of watching this God awful show. I have been in the restaurant business for about 16 years and have married a chef and this show makes me scream!! I don't know which is worse-Mrs. Joel as the awful host-the blantly obvious voice overs or the lame challenges. This being said I would like to see Dave win. As Steven (the tool bag) brought up last week he represents the 77% that is not fine dining.

Yep, i watch it... The reunion show was freakin' hilarious! That irish guy was totally wasted and towards the end so were Stephen and Tiffani... it was pure drama! Those people just could not get along...

As for who i like to win, i think Harold is the overall best contestant... I like Dave, but I think Harold is a better chef. And Tiffani has too many issues. GO HAROLD!

And yeah, Mrs. Billy Joel is kinda annoying. I wonder how they picked her for this show... ??

Mrs.Billy Joel is on this show? :scratch:

I felt so bad for Dave last night... He would have probably beaten Tiffani out for the last spot in the finals had he made the 3rd dish. :( Oh well... go Harold!

Yep, Dave totally fucked up... But even so, if the judges really wanted him in the final, they would have put him there... he still won the poker food challenge.... Tiffany didn't win any of them and they put her through... i thought her food was way too hoity toity, especially the poker and cirque de soleil food....

GO HAROLD! i think he's got it pretty much wrapped up!

oh, and yeah, Billy Joel's 23 year old wife is the host... the girl with the monotone voice.... she's like a robot.

:yikes:

I thought since Dave won a round of that challenge that that might make up for the missing dish. Her dishes didn't seem to go over too well with all of the judges last night.

2.gif
Go Harold
2.gif

:sad: :sad: :sad: I wanted Dave!!!:sad: :sad: :sad:

That was dumb they should have totally left him in. I liked when Tiffs called herself a poker player and that she had an inside edge b/c she lives in Vegas and then totally bombed. Then she said her food is what poker players would eat if they were winners (aka they could afford it) Umm...Phil Helmouth is one of the most successful in the game today!! She blows...

yeah she does, and she does still come off as a stcuk-up beeeeatch. I know Dave wanted it badly too. And it was obvious he hated her. Was hoping LeAnn would have made the finals instead of her. Oh well...

And Harold wants to use the money to open a restaurant and such. Tiffani would use it to chill out and travel. Could she be a spoiled one? :hmm:

And I knew I recognized at least one of the poker players, but couldn't remember their name. Usta watch some of those poker shows :reject:

ultravioletluvv said:
oh, and yeah, Billy Joel's 23 year old wife is the host... the girl with the monotone voice.... she's like a robot.

good lord, she's nothing but eye candy...such a flat personality on tv! :yuck:

yep, my wife & i watch this. we also watched the 'next food network star' one, too.

PRAYING that Harold wins!!! we cannot stand Tiffany...:yuck:! not only is she a bitch, she contradicts herself all the time---saying she doesn't cut people off, but then does it..or saying she knows when she's wrong but she's right on this one....bleh. i'd almost prefer the new & improved stephen of the reunion & last episode over her...:ohmy:

No kidding! Like I said, it should have been LeeAnn and not Tiffani to make it to the final 3. Did you watch the reunion show where Tiffani got upset and walked off camera crying? I don't think any of the other chefs liked her (may have respected her work, but like - No).

Go Harold!

Yeah, I don't think any of them like her. I'd like to see what happened behind the scenes in the episode where LeeAnn was kicked off..... She had never said anything about Tiffany being a bad person until that episode...and she said it quite a bit in that episode!

Did you see that audience poll had 92% for Harold and only 8% for Tiffani? Hahaha! That's the most one sided audience poll i've ever seen! Just goes to show how much everyone hates Tiffani... i don't like her either, but i thought that Dave was pretty rude to her in the final tonite... he acted really immature...

YAY FOR HAROLD!!

Tiff you F-ING LIAR!!! Those desserts were yours...HA!! I can see it now-in the future she has on her resume that she was on TOP CHEF the person in the rest. she is appling is like "oh yeah you were that bitch" Did she not knwo she was on national TV.
Oh and when you diss me about people remembering Tiff down the line every person I know in the rest. business (and it is quite a few as I have been doing this for 16years) has religiously watched this show:eyebrow: And we are a lot that do not forget!!:eyebrow:

at the end it was 93% Harold, 7% Tiff. I could not beLIEve Tiffani tried to take ANY credit for the dessert, saying that she & Dave talked at length. He never liked her and even said he didn't respect her. I'm happy for Harold, especially since he plans to open a restaurant. I didn't understand so much Tiffani's plan to travel with the money. Sure, maybe experience new cultures and flavors, but it just didn't come off sincere to me, or something...

:drool:

I felt bad for him, especially at the end when he was with Harold and the supporters. Looked like he had tears in his eyes. Think he really wanted it badly... Didn't feel bad for Tiffani though :eyebrow:

omg, i couldn't believe it when she stood there and LIED to the judges about the dessert... and they knew she was lieing! that was the stupidest thing she could have done! not like it mattered, Harold had it in the bag!

and her whole crying at the end about wanting to travel... i didn't feel bad for her one bit... she dug her own grave... it's a harsh reality of life that you can be super talented in your field, but 99% of the time you have to be likeable too... at least when you're getting started.. maybe Tiffani will learn something from this experience...

YAY for Harold!

Lila64 said:
at the end it was 93% Harold, 7% Tiff. I could not beLIEve Tiffani tried to take ANY credit for the dessert, saying that she & Dave talked at length. He never liked her and even said he didn't respect her. I'm happy for Harold, especially since he plans to open a restaurant. I didn't understand so much Tiffani's plan to travel with the money. Sure, maybe experience new cultures and flavors, but it just didn't come off sincere to me, or something...

Of course it didn't come off sincere, it wasn't. Judging by her attitude throughout the show, everything with her is a pretense. She may want to use the money for travel, but why she says she wants to use it is BS. Understand why she does what she does. Pfft. She has her head stuck up her ass about her food, she already thinks it is great. She doesn't want to improve it, she justs wants to travel.

Nothing wrong with that, by the way, but at least be honest about it. :rolleyes:

ultravioletluvv said:
Did you see that audience poll had 92% for Harold and only 8% for Tiffani? Hahaha! That's the most one sided audience poll i've ever seen! Just goes to show how much everyone hates Tiffani... i don't like her either, but i thought that Dave was pretty rude to her in the final tonite... he acted really immature...

YAY FOR HAROLD!!

How was Dave rude? :huh: All things considered, I thought he supported her pretty well. Personally, had I been in his shoes, I would have done my best to screw up her chances.

He could have taken the low road, but he didn't. He did the right thing under the circumstances, and still got screwed by Tiffani in the end when she couldn't even own up to the dessert. Perhaps she thought it would work against her to admit that Dave did the dessert :shrug:

Is anyone watching this current season? It can't be just me!
I can't believe who made it to the final :yikes: I do like one of them, but the other :huh: I wish at least one of the ones eliminated last night had made it. :sigh:

Lila!! I knew I wasn't the only one watching this year. I am annoyed with this season-think it is kinda lame and Marcel is an annoying loser. Thought last night's challenege was lame-last year's room service fiasco wa way better. Oh well-it gives me something to watch Wed. at 10!!

I was Sam was going to be still in it-srictly for the eye candy. I can't wait for the reunion..should be a war!!

I couldn't believe Marcel made it thru. He was the one voted as most hated by the fans - wasn't it like 83% or something. I felt so bad for Sam. I think his downfall in the end was that he didn't cook anything. I hope Ilan kicks his ASS!!!

I agree ljclary. the room service challenge was sooo much better!

and how the heck did Marcel make it this far?!?! :huh: I'm sure he's a good cook and all, but to be a good chef, you have to behave well in the kitchen also. I dont know what Tom was talkin about! i'd hate to work in a kitchen with him.

Go Ilan!!!
party0053.gif

am i the only one not particularly bothered by marcel? sure he seems a bit pretentious, and that does annoy me, but he doesn't annoy me nearly as much as stephen did in season one. I feel bad for Marcel because they're all so mean to him. I hope he wins!

i like marcel and think that he's been the most creative and consistent throughout the competition and deserves to win over ilan. i'm really sad to see that sam didn't make it to the finals.

looking forward to the finally. :hyper:

I like Marcel (i really like foam) is a better chef than Ilan (i know only Spanish dishes)-however his hair just makes me crazy. I wanted Sam (i really don't know what I am doind but easy on the eyes) to win.
MArcel actually impressed last week with the whole molecular cooking which is so trendy right now. Should be an interesting finale!!

I think they both made incredible meals last night. I was afraid Mike or Betty would possibly be a detriment to Marcel & Ilan, but in the end, both teams worked it out. However, I am happy with the outcome. Seems so anti-climatic after watching the whole season of shows. Oh well...

:up:

Back
Top Bottom