Top 5 Most Boring Bands/Artists EVER!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zoots

Blue Crack Supplier
This is not a Top 5 of who you hate! This is not supposed to be a hatefest! This is simply a list of bands/artists that you don't care for cos they put you to sleep... sometimes literally. :yawn:

1. Bob Dylan - Never could get into that rambling 'stream of conscious' narrative style much.
2. The Rolling Stones - Apart from a few bright spots early on, I find them utterly boring.
3. Bruce Springsteen - The lyrics go on forever. I just don't have the patience. Don't hurt me pls. :reject:
4. The Who - I'm not able to listen to them much anymore. Maybe radio overplay is at fault partly but songs like Bargain and Squeeze Box only bore me to death these days.
5. The Smiths - I have tried to get into them, I really have. But apart from a few good songs, they all sound the same. And Morrissey has pretty much the same singing style in all of them. :huh:

Maybe my opinion will change in the future. Who knows!

Post your lists, guys!

:uhoh: :wink:

Last edited:
Zootlesque said:
This is not a Top 5 of who you hate! This is not supposed to be a hatefest! This is simply a list of bands/artists that you don't care for cos they put you to sleep... sometimes literally. :yawn:

1. Bob Dylan - Never could get into that rambling 'stream of conscious' narrative style much.
2. The Rolling Stones - Apart from a few bright spots early on, I find them utterly boring.
3. Bruce Springsteen - The lyrics go on forever. I just don't have the patience. Don't hurt me pls. :reject:
4. The Who - I'm not able to listen to them much anymore. Maybe radio overplay is at fault partly but songs like Bargain and Squeeze Box only bore me to death these days.
5. The Smiths - I have tried to get into them, I really have. But apart from a few good songs, they all sound the same. And Morrissey has pretty much the same singing style in all of them. :huh:

Maybe my opinion will change in the future. Who knows!

Post your lists, guys!

:uhoh: :wink:

4/5 top favorite bands ever are on your list:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

Zootlesque said:

I can't hurt you ... I'm in too much pain myself, seeing you list the Stones and Springsteen as boring! :wink:

I heard Exile on Main Street for the first time last week and loved it. (But yeah, they've grown boring.)

Springsteen ... :drool:

1. Sigur Ros - Artsy fartsy crap for college kids who hold Da Vinci Code in the same literary pedigree as David Copperfield. I've never been so annoyed to hear 'youuu-eee-youuuuu' repeated 56x. Shut, the, Icelandic, fuck, up. Their nordic counterpoint Lordi need to go over there and punch the singer in the face.

2. Bjork - I find her irritating.

3. Nirvana - Seriously, I can de-tune my Strat a little and bang out thrashing chords to make shitty music, but Nirvana already did that. Never understood the huge popularity beyond the teenage angst stuff - and every decade has had its version of that. Kurt wrote some great lyrics, and they did help destroy the shitty metal power balladfest that was the late-80s, but that's no excuse to suck balls musically.

Someone should have hit Kurt in the face with a keytar before he offed himself.

4. Post Brian Eno Roxy Music - Shit man, what a waste of talent. Really seems like Eno took any galavanting and inventive spirit away with him when he left the band. Ah well, the keyboard player left, why not resign ourselves to a languishing career of radio-friendly synth pop shit?! Brilliant!

5. Any kind of new age music - Absolute bullshit.

zoot your list cracks me up :lmao:

that said, Bob Dylan has some great stuff but I'm not a huge fan/haven't listened to a lot, I agree with you on the Stones (Gimme Shelter though... :drool: ), and I really haven't listened to much Springsteen or The Smiths (I do like the few songs I've heard of theirs though). The Who though, they have some AWESOME stuff. so much energy, especially live. but with them I kinda have to be in the right mood. sometimes they bore me too :shrug:

perhaps instead of "most boring" this should be "most overrated".

here's mine (in no order)

1. Pink Floyd - I'm sorry. I just don't get it. For the life of me I cannot get into them.

2. Dave Matthews Band - No.

3. Phish - No.

4. The Grateful Dead - No.

5. REM - They have some good songs, but generally they just don't excite me.

Re: Re: Top 5 Most Boring Bands/Artists EVER!

I'm Ready said:

4/5 top favorite bands ever are on your list:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

Okay man, list your top 5! Even if you list my 5 fav bands ever, I won't get pissed. :wink:

Now now, Canadiens.. are you sure that's a 'these bands bore the hell outta me' list or is it a hate-list? ;)

Re: Re: Re: Top 5 Most Boring Bands/Artists EVER!

Zootlesque said:
Now now, Canadiens.. are you sure that's a 'these bands bore the hell outta me' list or is it a hate-list? ;)

1 - I hate to be bored
2 - These bands bore me

Transative property says I hate these bands. But they also bore me.

:|

^ :lmao:

AtomicBono said:

Yes!!! Forgot about them! I've only listened to American Beauty but damn, was that album boring! :yawn: Only song I can still kinda tolerate is Truckin'.

Some of REM's 80s output can get boring for me sometimes but pretty much everything from Lifes Rich Pageant sans maybe parts of Green, is awesome! Except of course the last couple that I haven't even heard. :whistle:

Cliff Richard, Eric Clapton, Franz Ferdinand, Bob Dylan&Mary J Blige

RUSH :angry:

Clannad-literally I like falling asleep to their music ;)

Sting- I can't really listen to much

Paul McCartney-his solo work I can't take :reject:

I've never cared much for the Stones either :shrug:

Hope tre doesn't read this post. :shifty:

The other day I listened to my only Dire Straits CD (Best Of) after a long time and had to skip through a sizeable chunk of it cos it was sooo boring! Stuff like Walk Of Life :yawn:, So Far Away (the song that never really goes anywhere), Money For Nothing (radio overplay) etc... The song Brothers In Arms though is gorgeous! I listened to that one twice. :drool:

AtomicBono said:

1. Pink Floyd - I'm sorry. I just don't get it. For the life of me I cannot get into them.

Top of my boring list, too. I'm sure there are artists that bore me more but they've bored me ever since they first hit the scene (yes, I was there :reject: ).

Rolling Stones post-1973

Most classic rock at this point (except when U2 is included in that genre) I find very boring.

Dave Matthews Band - On an intellectual level I realize they are fine musicians. They just bore me to tears.

Matchbox 20 - Bland, bland, bland, bland

Train - See Matchbox 20

Nick Drake - I know, it's heresay to say this, but he puts me to sleep.

Sting - What the hell happened?

Most progressive rock. Most 70's and modern prog just generates the most obscene levels of tedium in this great thing we call music.

Songs that last for half an hour :|

endless guitar solo's :|

drum solo's :|

Extended drum solo's :|

albums with names such as 'Tales From Topographic Oceans' :|

:mad:

It's not hard to see why punk rock happened...

1stepcloser said:
Most progressive rock. Most 70's and modern prog just generates the most obscene levels of tedium in this great thing we call music.

Songs that last for half an hour :|

endless guitar solo's :|

drum solo's :|

Extended drum solo's :|

albums with names such as 'Tales From Topographic Oceans' :|

:mad:

It's not hard to see why punk rock happened...

:| to your :|s.

I'm going to go listen to Atom Heart Mother.

Harry Vest said:
"The Who" " The Rolling Stones" "R.E.M."
YOU'VE GOT TO BE KIDDING!!!
Try...
Madonna
50 Cent
Creed
Nickleback
etc.
etc.
Geez.

I didn't say sucky crap artists & bands. I said boring! what you personally find boring due to radio overplay or whatever be the reason!

Zootlesque said:

I'll add that to my list.

Boards (Boreds) of Canada :|

Jack Johnson (a homeless man's paul simon, if paul simon did lame acoustic-thump "rock")

Nirvana (way overrated and boring of course)

some Meandering classic rock (not prog rock, I like that, but overextended jams or solos, they just lose my interest.)

Bono's shades said:
Dave Matthews Band - On an intellectual level I realize they are fine musicians. They just bore me to tears.

Matchbox 20 - Bland, bland, bland, bland

http://www.theonion.com/content/node/39670

http://www.theonion.com/content/node/30719

I had both of these bookmarked already :lol:

I agree with you on Train as well. Drops of Jupiter :yawn: rock song of the year? that song has no rock.

I don't know if it was fair of me to put REM on the list since I do like a number of their songs and I don't have a lot of the albums that people seem to like the most. but from what I've heard of them in general my usual reaction is "meh"

Re: Re: Re: Top 5 Most Boring Bands/Artists EVER!

xaviMF22 said:

I'm right with you buddy:up: :up:

finally.

It's hard to walk over the Kurt Cobain shrines at my school, but I do anyways.

The level of Kurt Cobain worship is almost as high as the level of Poser shirts wih Pink Floyd, The Clash, etc...

my favorite question ever: "which one's Pink?"

:drool:

the only Nirvana song i know is smells like teen spirit, and i'd say...:yawn:

i listened to a wilco CD once(i forget which one) and i was practiclly asleep when i was done with it. not kidding. :|

i'd agree with the stones overall although they do have some great songs.

mcartney.

i can't think of any others right now...

Zootlesque said:
Hope tre doesn't read this post. :shifty:

The other day I listened to my only Dire Straits CD (Best Of) after a long time and had to skip through a sizeable chunk of it cos it was sooo boring! Stuff like Walk Of Life :yawn:, So Far Away (the song that never really goes anywhere), Money For Nothing (radio overplay) etc... The song Brothers In Arms though is gorgeous! I listened to that one twice. :drool:

:tsk:

radio overplay does not mean a song is boring, it means you are sick of it.

i see many bands i really like in this thread. :happy:

Boards of Canada and Sigur Ros, both are fantastic bands, but meh... not for everyone I see

Bono's shades said:
Dave Matthews Band
Matchbox 20
Train
check, check, and check

i'll add goo goo dolls, john mayer, and david gray to that list.

and i'll second that jack johnson dude.

and james blunt and jason mraz and that guy that sings that 'bad day' song. yech.

seriously, there's just so many.

Jack In The Box said:
Boards of Canada and Sigur Ros, both are fantastic bands, but meh... not for everyone I see

Agreed.

And saying you don't like The Smiths should be against some kind of law. Even if you really don't like The Smiths, you should still not be allowed to tell anyone that.

:wink:

Back
Top Bottom