Top 5 Most Boring Bands/Artists EVER!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Scott Walker I do find intriguing

though not quite my cup of tea
definitely not boring

xaviMF22 said:

yea I know:up: :yawn:
meh, yawn all you want
and just keep thinking that innovation in music circles around Radiohead

and I'm not even bashing you for how misguided that way of thinking is, because I honestly don't care what you listen to

if you think I was bashing you now for stating I find Radiohead's music boring and therefore you think I just "don't get it" then boohoo to you

let me use a smiley too for once
:down:

1stepcloser said:
Most progressive rock. Most 70's and modern prog just generates the most obscene levels of tedium in this great thing we call music.

Songs that last for half an hour :|

endless guitar solo's :|

drum solo's :|

Extended drum solo's :|

yes:mad: drum solos...guitar solos:barf: BORING!!!! We went to see Government Mule and there was a drum solo that lasted like an hour..I'm not kidding, I wanted to kill myself:sick:

Government Mule
Phish
The Who
Nivana
Jack Johnson
I have so many more...

Off the top of my head, in no particular order...

Red Hot Chilli Peppers: Never understood why they are so popular, they bore me to tears.
Arctic Monkeys: Simply dreadful.
Oasis: Love the first two albums but, besides the odd decent tune here and there, the majority of their work since is a snooze-fest.
Coldplay (X&Y era): Previous two albums were very good, X&Y is probably one of the poorest albums I own. I know Its only 1 album but the dip in quality between X&Y and the previous two is huge and I don't seem them bettering Parachutes and A Rush Of Blood To The Head.
I remember a post on a previous Coldplay thread on here saying that X&Y is Coldplays "Be Here Now"... sounds about right to me.
Razorlight: Yawn...
Rolling Stones See above
Pink Floyd: Sorry, but I can't get into them either...

There are probably many more I can list, many of which have probably been mentioned in this thread already...

GibsonGirl said:

If I were to post the band that bores me the most right now, I'd be massacred. :ohmy:

I could NEVER do that :love:

Pink Floyd... until LIVE 8, I'd NEVER listened to them... so I did, and on march I bought The Dark Side Of The Moon... and it's great...

PK for me is intriguing.. not boring...

BORING, it's DMB.... MY GOD... a Violin?... The Corrs play that up better than them (I love the corrs)

Boring Bands:

1 - DMB
2 - Nirvana (I can only take SLTSpirit, just for the headbanging :rockon:... most OVERRATED band EVER... I blame MTV)
3 - Creed (when EVERY song end like it starts, with that whinning acoustic guitar intro... to hell with that)
4 - Dream Theather (they're SO good... they're masters intheir instruments... Proitnoy :bow:... but it's so good, it's bad... too perfection, no soul)
5 - The Beatles (I prefer the Stones... more rock and roll... Love Me do.. what's up with that?)

yeah, whoever said Pearl Jam.. BLASPHEMY :madspit:

Dismantled said:

:shocked: blasphemy!!!

:wink:

the funny thing is, I don't dislike Pearl Jam..
but I've given them plenty of listens and don't "get it".. their muisc bores me.
but for some reason or another I respect them and they dont bug me..like say nirvana, soundgarden, tool, metallica really do annoy me.

why do you hate tool so much? their music is f****** incredible!

you don't like their music... or their fans? yes, because most of their fans are kind of... :banghead:

(not my case :sexywink: :shifty: )

:rockon:

:giggle::reject: their fans I suppose have a lot to do with it

my brother used to be obsessed...like most fans I meet are....you know everything they write, draw, or "compose" on the guitar is compltely infleunced by tool and lacks any originality.

anywho he used to always blast it at night and in the morning and during the day, was never considerate about it and was typically in an angry mood. I was never a fan before he got into it and surely became a lot less tolerant after.

I don't know, Maynard's voice is truly irritating to me, the whole angry thing gets too repetitive and old. It's too easy to always be mad and vent it out by screaming and saying 'fuck this' and I wanna flush it blah blah blah blah

:reject: sorry for the rant

pepokiss said:

5 - The Beatles (I prefer the Stones... more rock and roll... Love Me do.. what's up with that?)

:|

"Love Me Do" is not Beatles. It's a great band cleverly hiding under a "Pop Cover Band" front until they were ready to release Rubber Soul and all subsequent albums thereafter and thus creating a sound that has been reverbing ever since.

elevation2u said:

the funny thing is, I don't dislike Pearl Jam..
but I've given them plenty of listens and don't "get it".. their muisc bores me.
but for some reason or another I respect them and they dont bug me..like say nirvana, soundgarden, tool, metallica really do annoy me.

nirvana, soundgarden and metallica bore the heck out of me too...metallica:yuck:

nirvana are overrated but still great :up:

metallica are amazing... they totally kick asses... until Load. The last three albums only had one really good song: "Fuel"

soundgarden... cornell is an amazing singer but yeah, they bore me too. worst of the big four seattle bands.

Back
Top Bottom