Top 5 Most Boring Bands/Artists EVER!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
xaviMF22 said:
Isn't everyone bored of U2?:hmm:

uh no I still like U2, which is why i post on a U2 message board all the time

Nickelback is incredibly boring. all their songs sound EXACTLY the same. same goes for Creed, except Creed makes my blood boil. luckily you don't hear them on the radio much.

Whoever said Jason Mraz and John Mayer and all them - agree 100%. :yawn:

The thing that really gets me about that flash file is the way Jónsi goes :hmm:. Brilliant! Not to mention the snobby fans. I know someone who is exactly like that when it comes to Sigur Rós.

Snowlock said:

5. R&B solo artists. Maybe it's just me but the Mary J. Blige's, Beyonce's, R. Kelly's, Usher's & Mariah Carey's of the industry bore me to tears. The voices are all the same, the songs are all the same, the subject matter is all the same. I get it, you're very talented singers in a traditional sense. But do something to stand out or I can't be bothered.

Totally agree. Just awful, awful music.

Pharrell i don't mind though because his music is Neptunes produced so it's mostly of a high standard.

LemonMacPhisto said:

I like Standing on the Shoulders of Giants, Heathen Chemistry was lame + Liam's voice sounds completely shot.

Don't Believe the Truth :up::up::up:

I was listening to Champagne Supernova today then put Love Like A Bomb on straight afterwards :yikes: Liam's voice sounds OK to me on later albums until you start to compare it directly to what it used to sound like...

But having said that, songs like Let There Be Love and Songbird show that Liam can still sing 'properly' (ie. without sounding like he needs a mouthful of Hall's Soothers) when he really puts his mind to it.

The only artist that I'm really sad to see on this list is Radiohead. It makes me sad for these people that they cannot see that Radiohead is so clearly the most thrillingly creative band of the past 15 years! And to find them boring?!?!

Shocking.

TheQuiet1 said:

I was listening to Champagne Supernova today then put Love Like A Bomb on straight afterwards :yikes: Liam's voice sounds OK to me on later albums until you start to compare it directly to what it used to sound like...

But having said that, songs like Let There Be Love and Songbird show that Liam can still sing 'properly' (ie. without sounding like he needs a mouthful of Hall's Soothers) when he really puts his mind to it.

it's all because of CIGARETTES AND ALCOHOLLLL.

drt4 said:
It makes me sad for these people that they cannot see that Radiohead is so clearly the most thrillingly creative band of the past 15 years! And to find them boring?!?!

I would actually say that U2 in the last 15 years has been more "thrillingly creative" than Radiohead. I could list alot of artists above them. I think I'm presonally not impressed or interested in Radiohead because as a fan of progressive and experimental rock I find them to be tamer than alot of artists and in turn boring. They are like PG Genesis to my Yes or Pink Floyd. IMO.

drt4 said:
The only artist that I'm really sad to see on this list is Radiohead. It makes me sad for these people that they cannot see that Radiohead is so clearly the most thrillingly creative band of the past 15 years! And to find them boring?!?!

Shocking.

some people just dont "get it" :(

Canadiens1160 said:
1. Sigur Ros - Artsy fartsy crap for college kids who hold Da Vinci Code in the same literary pedigree as David Copperfield. I've never been so annoyed to hear 'youuu-eee-youuuuu' repeated 56x. Shut, the, Icelandic, fuck, up. Their nordic counterpoint Lordi need to go over there and punch the singer in the face.

2. Bjork - I find her irritating.

3. Nirvana - Seriously, I can de-tune my Strat a little and bang out thrashing chords to make shitty music, but Nirvana already did that. Never understood the huge popularity beyond the teenage angst stuff - and every decade has had its version of that. Kurt wrote some great lyrics, and they did help destroy the shitty metal power balladfest that was the late-80s, but that's no excuse to suck balls musically.

Someone should have hit Kurt in the face with a keytar before he offed himself.

4. Post Brian Eno Roxy Music - Shit man, what a waste of talent. Really seems like Eno took any galavanting and inventive spirit away with him when he left the band. Ah well, the keyboard player left, why not resign ourselves to a languishing career of radio-friendly synth pop shit?! Brilliant!

5. Any kind of new age music - Absolute bullshit.

If there was a Interference Hall of Fame, I would nominate this post. I don't agree with a lot of it, but I sure did laugh really loud.

there's no "good for you" there

there are enough reasons to find Radiohead boring while not "missing" anything there is "to get"

if anyone would slam my entire cd collection I wouldn't give a shit, because I do enjoy it and don't give a damn who else does or doesn't
I wouldn't retort with a lousy "you don't get it" because they don't like the music I like

Please, no more posts about how people "don't get" or that you feel "sad" for the people who don't like Radiohead. You like the band or don't like the band. :mad:
Using the "logic" that people who don't like Radiohead must not "get it," everyone who doesn't like Coldplay must not be advanced enough as music fans to "get" them. If I posted something with that logic using Coldplay, I would be ripped apart. You can't assume that people don't "get it." If there weren't so many Radiohead fans here posts using the "don't get it" logic would be trashed. :wink:

xaviMF22 said:

some people just dont "get it" :(

:wink:

everyone has their own take on music..and their own tastes I certainly don't knock anyone for that..

but...

top 5 boring bands..

1) Dave Mathews Band
2)Dave Mathews Band
3)Dave Mathews Band
4)Oasis
5)Coldplay

Last edited:
U2Fanatic4ever said:

everyone has their own take on music..and their own tastes I certainly don't knock anyone for that..

but...

top 5 boring bands..

1) Dave Mathews Band
2)Dave Mathews Band
3)Dave Mathews Band
4)Oasis
5)Coldplay

I saw what you wrote before you did your edit :madspit: :wink:

U2Fanatic4ever said:

but...

top 5 boring bands..

1) Dave Mathews Band
2)Dave Mathews Band
3)Dave Mathews Band
4)Oasis
5)Coldplay

So Coldplay is boring and you still go to their shows????

Interesting!!!

Screwtape2 said:
Please, no more posts about how people "don't get" or that you feel "sad" for the people who don't like Radiohead. You like the band or don't like the band. :mad:

amen brutha

Radiohead isn't intellectually above you; it's all a matter of taste.

Back
Top Bottom