Top 5 Most Boring Bands/Artists EVER!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
1stepcloser said:
Songs that last for half an hour :|

endless guitar solo's :|

drum solo's :|

Extended drum solo's :|

albums with names such as 'Tales From Topographic Oceans' :|

I think that where you put :| you meant to put :drool: because you just described excellent, talented, intelligent music.

As for my five bands, I'll do that later as I need to race out the door to class now. Yay me for not being aware of the time! :happy:

1. Nirvana- I just don't see the appeal of this group. I like some of the other bands that came out of Seattle but I go under with these guys.
2. The Rolling Stones- Minus a few songs, I find them to be quite boring.
3. Radiohead- This is just a personal opinion, in the eyes of others they could be a great group. They don't create any emotion in me. They sound like advanced elevator music.
4. Bon Jovi- I just can't get into thier music.
5. Bruce Springsteen- Like Radiohead probably a great artist but not one that gels with me.

1stepcloser said:
Most progressive rock. Most 70's and modern prog just generates the most obscene levels of tedium in this great thing we call music.

:mad:

It's not hard to see why punk rock happened...

What?! How can the type of Progressive Rock you're talking about be boring?
Listen to: Starship Trooper by Yes, Communion With The Sun by Utopia, and Dogs by Pink Floyd. Then try and say that Prog Rock is boring.
I respect you opinion but you're way off if you think extended guitar and drums solos by some of the most talented musicians of all-time are boring.

Zootlesque, I'm happy to put another vote in for Springsteen. Remembering that this is not a talent vote. Great writer, but the music...... zzzzzzz..... boring.

Canadiens1160 said:
1. Sigur Ros - Artsy fartsy crap for college kids who hold Da Vinci Code in the same literary pedigree as David Copperfield. I've never been so annoyed to hear 'youuu-eee-youuuuu' repeated 56x. Shut, the, Icelandic, fuck, up. Their nordic counterpoint Lordi need to go over there and punch the singer in the face.

the rockin edge said:

i listened to a wilco CD once(i forget which one) and i was practiclly asleep when i was done with it. not kidding. :|

Nice to see two of my very favorite groups listed. Different strokes, I guess, because I find them two of the most interesting and innovative groups going these days.

Re: Re: Re: Top 5 Most Boring Bands/Artists EVER!

Zootlesque said:

Okay man, list your top 5! Even if you list my 5 fav bands ever, I won't get pissed. :wink:

Now now, Canadiens.. are you sure that's a 'these bands bore the hell outta me' list or is it a hate-list? ;)

I'm not very adventurous in finding my music but off the top of my head some bands that I see absolutely no appeal to:

-Maroon 5
-Fallout Boy
-Michael Jackson
-Postal Service/Death Cab
-Dave Matthew's Band

1stepcloser said:
Most progressive rock. Most 70's and modern prog just generates the most obscene levels of tedium in this great thing we call music.

It's not hard to see why punk rock happened...

Prog to me is like Rahul Dravid. Technically sound, but a bit like watching paint dry. Block, block, block.

Last edited:
yertle-the-turtle said:

Prog to me is like Rahul Dravid. Technically sound, but a bit like watching paint dry. Block, block, block.

:lmao:

(I dont dislike "prog", i'm laughing at the explanation!)

Anyway, I can Barley stand Guns And Roses....I can scream and moan into a microphone and people would pay to see me?

Here's my list:

1>. Rolling Stones - as I've said in earlier Threads of this nature, I really never "got" this band. Lyrically their music is just above the Monkeys and Musically they are so inept, you could take any garage band and they could sound better than these guys.

2>. Nirvana - most over rated band of all time in my opinion.

3>. Oasis - I loathe this band

4>. NickelBack - these guys have to be kidding, right?

5>. Tie - Stained, Fuel and all of these so called "angry" new "meteal(?)" type bands. Talk about boring

yertle-the-turtle said:

:lmao: Man, I haven't watched Dravid in action in years!

Listened to Parachutes on my way to work today. I'm sorry but could the 2nd half be any more boring??? :| It's almost like listening to elevator music/Norah Jones. And I cannot stand Martin's falsetto in songs like Spies and Trouble. Other than that, I do like a bunch of the songs on here esp. on the first half.

Zootlesque said:
Listened to Parachutes on my way to work today. I'm sorry but could the 2nd half be any more boring??? :| It's almost like listening to elevator music/Norah Jones. And I cannot stand Martin's falsetto in songs like Spies and Trouble. Other than that, I do like a bunch of the songs on here esp. on the first half.

My list:

1. Springsteen
2. Springsteen
3. Springsteen
4. Most one hit wonders featured on VH1's "You Oughta Know"
5. Springsteen

Eric Clapton - all time most boring vocalist. Blaahhh

Staind - their success baffles me. Whiny, utterly lame

Yes - watery prog-rock crap

Phish - pointless

REM Post-Berry - an endless denoument to an otherwise great career

1. Without a doubt The Dire Straits just put on the LIVE AID DVD 1985
2. PINK FLOYD just put on the LIVE AID DVD 2005 (I do like some of their earlier stuff)
3. The Rolling Stones after 1975 (an occasional good song, but mostly boring as hell and definitely live very dull)
4. Genesis
5. Nickelback, Creed, LimpBizkit, Korn, POD , and the band that had the song with Jay-Z.. (can't remember their name at the moment..) You know the kind of bands I mean..

MumblingBono said:
Eric Clapton - all time most boring vocalist. Blaahhh

Yes!!!

Actually in hindsight, instead of The Who I should have said Eric Clapton. At least The Who showed tons of energy in their music. Eric Clapton is a freakin' snoozefest!

Consider that song Layla for example. Don't get me wrong, it's a good song overall. But that outro gets real old real fast. Let's have a 2 hour outro repeating the same chords over and over again and it'll become a classic!!! :crack: :|

imo imo!! :wink:

I'm shocked to see Pearl Jam mentioned :huh:

anyway...

1. The Rolling Stones
2. Bon Jovi
3. The Police
4. all that middle of the road crap like nickelback, goo goo dolls, train, five for fighting, creed, 3 doors down, DMB, bryan adams, dashboard confessional, jack johnson, simple plan, ...
5. all that crap like limp bizkit, linkin park, korn, seether, staind, pod, papa roach, ...

besides PJ a lot of my favourite artists are mentioned too :wink: (oasis, nirvana, springsteen...)

Screwtape2 said:

What?! How can the type of Progressive Rock you're talking about be boring?
Listen to: Starship Trooper by Yes, Communion With The Sun by Utopia, and Dogs by Pink Floyd. Then try and say that Prog Rock is boring.
I respect you opinion but you're way off if you think extended guitar and drums solos by some of the most talented musicians of all-time are boring.

If the truth be told i do like a bit of pink floyd but i know i'll never be a big fan because songs like Shine On You Crazy Diamond just bore me to tears. I've heard other prog similar to that and it just doesn't stimulate my ears whatsoever. I've got immense respect for them as musicians as i play an instrument myself but i find the music all rather dull.

MacPhistoPT said:

4. all that middle of the road crap like nickelback, goo goo dolls, train, five for fighting, creed, 3 doors down, DMB, bryan adams, dashboard confessional, jack johnson, simple plan, ...
5. all that crap like limp bizkit, linkin park, korn, seether, staind, pod, papa roach, ...

:yes:

Last edited:
hmm, not much music bores me
if only because when I don't like it I don't listen
I guess the only band that I find a wee bit boring is Radiohead, but that's because they're the only band that doesn't do much for me that I've actually tried more than 5 times to get into

Chris Martin's voice would be a good number 2
his voice already gets on my nerves after 8 seconds though

AcrobatMan said:
1) The beatles

ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!!!!!!!!!!!

1. Red Hot Chilli Peppers
2.Linkin Park
3.Mazzy Star
4.Rolling Stones
5. Creed.

patske said:

2. PINK FLOYD just put on the LIVE AID DVD 2005 (I do like some of their earlier stuff)

:huh:

Pink Floyd's Live 8 performance was probably the most historical musical moment of 2005. But since you're not a fan, you wouldn't understand why.

I really don't like this thread. A lot of my favourites are being mentioned. Then again, I can't really complain. It's all down to personal taste.

GibsonGirl said:

Pink Floyd's Live 8 performance was probably the most historical musical moment of 2005.

I agree with this. It was truly historical. Pink Floyd's album sales jumped 1343% after that performance, and that cannot be said about any of the other artists who performed that day.

ntalwar said:

I agree with this. It was truly historical.

Seriously. I didn't think it was going to happen. Nobody thought it was going to happen. But it did. Pigs flew! And it was incredible! That it could be considered boring, of all things, just doesn't seem possible.

I knew this thread was gonna ruffle some feathers, before I even started it! I think the key is to not care about other people bashing your favorite bands. We all can't have the same opinions anyway!

I had to make this thread. I had to get it out of my system after subjecting myself to listening to those CDs in the car. :crazy:

Could somebody send me that Live 8 Floyd performance? I've been wanting to watch it since forever but can't afford to buy the whole dvd set! :sigh:

muralee_s@hotmail.com

Last edited:
Zootlesque said:
I knew this thread was gonna ruffle some feathers, before I even started it! I think the key is to not care about other people bashing your favorite bands. We all can't have the same opinions anyway!

I had to make this thread. I had to get it out of my system after subjecting myself to listening to those CDs in the car. :crazy:

:madwife:

Back
Top Bottom