Top 3 Rock Bands Of All Time

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
what is with the facisnation with Queen??:huh:

not in the top 10, lest the top 3 ROCK bands of all time.:|

btw, with regards to pink floyd: you've gotta have more than 3 albums that are huge to make the list.

1. U2
2. Zeppelin
3. The Stones

The most infludential rock band in history were the Beatles.

!!!!! BTW the Beatles were not a pop band. However, they were a ROCK band that had a heavy influence on many forms of music, including pop.

In terms of the most influential band on ROCK itself, Zep and the Stones were second to none....

JOFO said:
btw, with regards to pink floyd: you've gotta have more than 3 albums that are huge to make the list.

Piper at the gates of dawn considered the best debut ever done
The wall
wish You Were Here
Dark Side Of The Moon
Animals
even the final cut was high in british charts
Division swell and Momentary lapse of puke sold pretty well too

vocals of robert plant are not the best

Queen rocks for sure , Zepplin overrated

taking a very loose definition of "rock"

U2
ok do I really need to explain?

Sham69
oi! oi! oi! This band really makes me want to shout and get my fist in the air.

The Tossers
They can do it all. Raucous songs that you can mosh to (Lucky, Mad Riot), sweet, beautiful ballads to make you cry (Everything's Bad, Wedding, A Night On Earth), political statements (The Ballad of the UN and NATO), and everything in between. "Caoin" is just stunning.

WinnieThePoo said:

Piper at the gates of dawn considered the best debut ever done
The wall
wish You Were Here
Dark Side Of The Moon
Animals
even the final cut was high in british charts
Division swell and Momentary lapse of puke sold pretty well too

vocals of robert plant are not the best

Queen rocks for sure , Zepplin overrated

Sorry, but everyone knows that Zep was severely underrated when they were around.

As far as Plants vocals, that's a first! Are you mad? His vocals are a signature sound often imitated, never duplicated. Yes his vocals went down hill after Physical Grafiti, but only because Peter Grant trying to make every cent he could, overbooked Zep in the 72-73 period, esssentially damaging his voice.

My 3 favorite rock bands of all time are: 1.U2 2..Journey 3.Zeppelin. Now vocal wise it goes for me: 1. Journey 2.Queen and then 3. Led Zeppelin . I just love Steve Perry's voice. He has such a wide range and man can he hit those high notes. He also has a very bluesy voice too. Now u2 is my favorite band of all time. I was a teenager when their first album was released. But it was the first time I saw them in concert in 85 that just blew me away. Namckur, In Through the Out Door came out in 79 before Coda. John was alive when that album came out and Coda had the rest of the left over recordings that came out in 80, after he died.

I'm just going to go with my three favorite bands, not who is best/most influential blah blah blah :wink:

1, U2
2. The Police
3. either David Bowie or REM

LeafsNation said:
!!!!! BTW the Beatles were not a pop band.

Their early music in particular was pretty poppish. Great pop songs, yes, but pop songs nonetheless. They'd definitely be in my top 3 anyway.

Originally posted by LeafsNation
In terms of the most influential band on ROCK itself, Zep and the Stones were second to none....

Two other excellent bands.

I do think U2 definitely belong up there, too, though.

Angela

Rolling Stones
Led Zeppelin
The Who

I think all rock bands, in one way or another, owe a lot to these guys.

Flying FuManchu said:
The Beatles are no rock band... they are a pop band. U2's no rock band... they are a loud folk band.

The Beatles just aren't a pop band. Ok, they made popular music, but it's rock'n'roll, especially the late years.

I say:

U2 - Solely because of Achtung Baby.
Beatles - Revolutionary ideas, John Lennon is a member.
The Doors - There's Doors music and hen there's normal music. They just made really incredible music.

JOFO said:

There are.
Animals, Dark Side Of The Moon, Wish You Were Here, The Wall, Meddle are all HUGE.

U2
QUEEN
KISS (the hottest band in the world!!!! :rockon: )

ok, really:

Cheap Thrick
Twisted Sister
Limp Biskit

now close this thread

Ok...well my 3 favorite bands are not the 3 greatest rock bands of all time.
my 3 would be:
U2
Pearl Jam
The Who

But I am fully aware that if you consider everything from influence to musicianship and so forth, there is no question that the top 3 rock bands of all time should be:
Led Zeppelin
The Rolling Stones
The Beatles

If you want to argue the Beatles are not rock (which may have some validity), then substitute The Who.

The Beatles
The Who
Led Zeppelin

As for the Beatles argument, substitute Black Sabbath (Ozzy years only) in their place if you dont consider the Beatles rock. Too many people forget about Sabbath.

I really hope people are taking the piss by including Nickelback and Puddle of Vomit in this discussion. Any bands that have songs like "Feeling Way Too Damn Good" dont deserve to have access to recording studios.

As for favorites, they would go...

1. The Beatles
2. U2

the rest is ever changing

Hola amigos :wave: here´s my list- not including U2 to make it more interesting...

1- Pink Floyd ( from 1967 to 1979 )
2- The Beatles ( from 1965 to 1970 )
3- Led Zeppelin ( from 1969 to 1975 )
4- Genesis ( from 1970 to 1976 )
5- Queen ( from 1973 to 1979 )
6- Radiohead
7- AC/DC ( from 1974 to 1982 )
8- Smashing Pumpkins ( from 1991 to 1996 )
9- Guns N´Roses ( from 1987 to 1992 )
10- Deep Purple ( from 1970 to 1974 )/ The Police/ Nirvana, etc

:yes: ... well U2 ranks among these artists from my list ;)

Back
Top Bottom