Top 10 Most DISSAPOINTING albums of 2005

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
For me it's Tori Amos' "The Beekeeper." Not a bad record, there are some good songs on it and the tour was incredible, but it's the only Tori Amos record I did not eventually fall in love with.

Sigur Ros' "Takk" was a bit of a disappointment, too. I do love the songs performed live in the Iceland concert streaming on their website, though.

SkeeK said:

I"'l pick on you because I respect your taste in music quite a lot.

Wolf Parade = great. i heard them before the hype so maybe that helped :p one of my top 5 of the year i think.

Clap Your Hands.. can't stand the guy's voice.. otherwise they would be good. It's grown on me a bit. I don't usually think of debuts as disappointing, though.

Franz = pretty good i think, but maybe a little disappointing, i'm not sure.

Bright Eyes = hell no. I'm Wide Awake It's Morning is daaaamn good. the digital ashes one is less good, though.

Royksopp = a bit. but.. i really really like the new album now. Might have to do with seeing them live and being completely blown away but there's some killer tracks on there.

Ok, lets not forget that dissapointing does not always equal bad......to me, WP and Clap your hands were both soooooo hyped up that dissapointment was not surprising. I even bought WP expecting greatness. But after multiple spins I just dont see it. I was looking for another Arcade Fire and these guys are nowhere near that in my not so humble opinion.

Franz, another band with nowhere to go but down on most lists. I dont think this was a step forward, therefore, a dissapointment.

Bright Eyes, should have specified here, Ive never been a big fan, and I really meant Digital Ash for dissapointing. I know the other album is good, its just not my bag.

Royksopp, no apologies here, I was wanting so much more out of this. Im willing to try again though....

Back
Top Bottom