Top 10 favorite Kiss songs! - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Old 01-16-2007, 08:23 AM   #16
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Local Time: 02:40 AM
Originally posted by arw9797

I don't really get into their personal lives like I have with U2. I can't tell you hardly anything about anyone in KISS so I have no clue what people have said about Ace. I just think he was an amazing guitar playing in the 70's. He never made it past the 70's though. His solo album blows the rest of of the water. Whether you like his singing or not, the guitar playing is worth it. Some of his solo stuff in the late 80's is pretty good. I really loved Trouble Walkin' when it first came out. That's probably my favorite post KISS album he did.

If you don't own them already, Hotter Than Hell and (Music From) the Elder are both definitely worth a listen. Hotter Than Hell is amazing. Most people think that Destroyer was their first great album but I always thought Hotter Than Hell deserved a little more credit than it got. Also, it's too bad that the Elder was discarded the way it was. I think Gene did some really good songs on that album.

Most of my favorite KISS songs were done by either Gene or Ace. I was never much of a Paul Stanley fan and I could take or leave Peter's voice. But I really always liked that all 4 of them sang on the albums.
How interesting I'm just starting to listen to The Elder, I quite like what I'm hearing, the riffs are pretty awesome! I love the guitar sound. Haven't heard Hotter Than Hell yet, but will soon now. I like Paul a lot but Gene is my favorite, he's a great songwritter. The Unplugged alum is another one that I've been listening to a lot. Beth is amazing there and I love Ace on 2,000 Men, I do dig his voice. And I really like Psycho Circus, I think it might be as good as some of their 70's records. Ace has a great song there, Into The Void. Thanks for all the info.