Top 10 Essential Albums for Electronic Music

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zoots

Blue Crack Supplier
I am about to get Kraftwerk's Man Machine :combust: and Daft Punk's Discovery. Just curious to know what you guys think are the 10 best electronic music masterpieces ever! Chemical Bros.? Prodigy? Massive Attack? Björk? Moby? Anything else? :dance:

I love The Postal Service...does that count as electronic?

I'm interested to read responses as I don't listen to a lot of electronic. I have a few M83 songs... :shrug:

cometodaddydd.gif

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Come_To_Daddy

Re: Re: Top 10 Essential Albums for Electronic Music

Zootlesque said:

I forgot Kid A! :ohmy:

oh yeah that would be electronic I suppose wouldnt it :lol: well that definitely belongs on the list imo but like i said i dont listen to much electronic so i dont know

Re: Re: Top 10 Essential Albums for Electronic Music

Zootlesque said:

I forgot Kid A! :ohmy:

you could argue that Kid A is not an electronic album:ohmy:

The only true "electronic" song on that record is "everything in its right place" :wink:

Re: Re: Re: Top 10 Essential Albums for Electronic Music

xaviMF22 said:

you could argue that Kid A is not an electronic album:ohmy:

The only true "electronic" song on that record is "everything in its right place" :wink:

:hmm: I don't know... there's a bunch including the title track, Idioteque, Treefingers, In Limbo...

Re: Re: Re: Re: Top 10 Essential Albums for Electronic Music

Zootlesque said:

:hmm: I don't know... there's a bunch including the title track, Idioteque, Treefingers, In Limbo...

In limbo is all guitar

national anthem...bass guitar

treefingers :lol:...you do realize that song is all guitar?

I'll give you idioteque :wink:

Silent Shout- The Knife (the people who wrote Heartbeats)
OK Cowboy- Vitalic

Two electronica acts of recent times, and two albums people should definitely own.

Checking out Moby right now on allmusic. Kinda torn between Play and Everything Is Wrong. :crazy: EIW is early 90s eurodancey techno and Play is I guess a classier late 90s loungy style techno. They both sound delicious! :combust:

The time has come, the time has come, the time has come today!

neutral said:

I really wanna check this band out. :scream: iTunes has 3 albums and 2 EPs, which should I get first?

Sound of Silver is my favorite and the most accessible. I'd start there then go backwards.

Aphex Twin - Selected Ambient Works 85-92
Gary Numan - The Pleasure Principle
Kraftwerk - Autobahn
Moby - Play

Electronica is such a broad umbrella term as well. This is a fantastic!!!! guide to the subgenres. I certainly educated myself last night while reading this.

http://www.di.fm/edmguide/edmguide.html?why_yes,_it's_a_dupe

ALSO if anyone has the single called "So Much Love to Give" by half of Daft Punk duo going by the name of Together, please PM me!!!

Last edited:
Surprised no one has mentioned VNV Nation yet. Futureperfect is an awesome album and Beloved is just a :drool: song. I need to get their latest, heard it was really good as well.

Kraftwerk - pretty much any album from Autobahn to Computer World

Moby - Everything Is Wrong, Play, 18

Royksopp - Melody AM

I'm sure there are others I'm not thinking of at the moment.

Back
Top Bottom